Seeing people "Catch the Holy Spirit"....did/do you ever find it funny?

Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit!Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Especially as a kid.

I mean, in church if you saw someone going into what looked like rhythmic-like convulsions, did you ever laugh?

Do you laugh at it now?

church-praise-o.gif

crazy-praise-2-o.gif

praise-break-o.gif
unspoken_respecthueySleepwalkingInJapanJDSTAYWITIT.DarcSkiesKingJamalgnspurpngoldCoolJoeGettinLo1CK1Srip.dillaDr. Stitchtha bause

Replies

• unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I smell tittys Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit, it's dangerous. Give them at least 5 feet or they will fuck you up. When I was a kids this women, like, exploded next to me. People were trying to hold her down. It was that serious.
    [Deleted User]
  • Rubato GarciaRubato Garcia Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think I've ever found it anything but funny
    GettinLo
  • 7figz7figz Ig'nant Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hilarious. I don't think I know anybody who ever "caught the spirit".

I don't go to church but if I did, I imagine I'd be SMH at that bullshit.
    GettinLo
  • hueyhuey Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    there needs to be a clinical study on what goes on in the brain during such an event. its usually the band's fault tho. once the song starts winding down.....then it starts back up again and niggas go crazy
    Mister B.Mr.Bocario
  • supYosupYo Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would do the crib walk
    $ineedmoney$goldenja
  • VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seen it a few times @ a black church, it was awkward. It's fake as hell though, they put themselves into a trance then go all crazy.
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 26,963 Regulator
    Never been to church post
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »
    when i was a kid, all the time.
    as i got older and experienced a spiritual breakthrough of my own, it wasn't so funny
    granted i wasn't dancing or convulsing, but i did have that experience

however, sometimes it is still funny if it catches you off guard
    haven't been to church in years tho

pause on having a "spitritual breakthrough of your own"

That shit is no different that ppl hearing a song they love and wilding out to it

but it wasn't the music that caused it
    music wasn't even playing

I didn't say music had to be there

The human mind is open to suggestion

The human mind isn't as strong as we think
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 29,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parents dragged me to church and it happened right in front of me, some hawaiian lady that had her arms up in the air and she just collapsed and heard her groaning. I thought the chick was dying. I think i went to church every sunday for that month and she did it every damn service.
    [Deleted User]_Goldie_Young Stef
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,231 Regulator
    I dont go to church so i haven't seen this in person
  • VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen it in a white church, seen videos though. Shit looks like some action movie where the hero priest takes on demons leaving them all slain on the floor...
    SleepwalkingInJapanrooster_cogburn
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 11,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my grandma would have choked me if she saw me laughin ........................................................ but i still did tho
    gns[Deleted User]700MrCrookedLetter
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    to whoever catches the Holy Spirit this day, i'd like to meet Ghostbusters, see the proton packs and ghost traps used to do it
    tumblr_lp20g3zdF91r085xlo1_500.gif
    tumblr_luxewnyfW11r3gup8o1_400.gif
    DarcSkies[Deleted User]TheIraq
  • goldenjagoldenja Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • gnsgns It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a kid i'm pretty sure at one point I used to stare in wonderment at peeps....atleast I hope I did, cause I was used to that fuck shit by adolescence.

By the time I stopped going to church I was indifferent to it.
    Didnt really know if I should believe them niggaz or not or I just just didnt give a fuck.

All I know my whole fam at one point in their lives HAD to go to church(my Grandmoms didnt play) and i've never seen anyone i'm close to do any of that crap.
    miamivice305
  • b@squ1@t reduxb@squ1@t redux i can tell by your mustache youve never been involved in street activities iguana blood poseidon DNA slangin zeus dickPosts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    theyre just attention whores
    gnsGettinLosoul rattlerMeta_Conscious
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 5,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I did/do find it funny that when you consider the many fat niggas and bitches who attend service every sunday, catching the holy spirit is probably the most strenuous activity they will ever partake in and wont mind doing

imager.php?id=219288&t=o
    DarcSkiesmiamivice305
  • DarcSkiesDarcSkies YOUNG NIGGA PREESH! PREESH...PREESH..PREESH...PREESH Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I looked this up a long time ago and I forgot the exact term but scientist attribute it to something called "mass hypnosis." But it's not hypnosis like putting a clock on a string and lulling someone to sleep. Its the premise that if you tell a human being something enough times and they are not educated enough to know better they will begin to believe it and react to whatever you're telling them to believe.

For example if I tie a person in a chair with no clothes on and tell them I have a poisonous spider in a jar and Im going to kill them with it they're body will begin to react. They'll tense up & hairs will stand up & they'll squirm in their chair. If I so much as touch them with my finger they'll likely freak out and scream in terror.

The blindfold in that example is ignorance & the human mind's susceptibility to peer pressure and suggestion. But once that blindfold is taken off; and you tell a person you have a poison spider and you're going to kill them with it they begin to ask questions: "so where's the spider?" "What do you mean I should just 'Have Faith' the spider is there?" "NIgga u aint got no damn spider untie me!" "Fuck you mean if the Spider wills it I can be untied?! Aint no spider to will these fucking straps off nigga!" "I aint letting no damn invisible spider in my heart asshole untie me now!"

Meanwhile, the muthafukkas with the blindfold on are still scared shitless of a spider that isnt even there. Squirming, "praise dancing" & shouting...to a being that was merely an overwhelming "suggestion" by an influential group.
    SleepwalkingInJapanRock_Welltha bause
  • b@squ1@t reduxb@squ1@t redux i can tell by your mustache youve never been involved in street activities iguana blood poseidon DNA slangin zeus dickPosts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I looked this up a long time ago and I forgot the exact term but scientist attribute it to something called "mass hypnosis." But it's not hypnosis like putting a clock on a string and lulling someone to sleep. Its the premise that if you tell a human being something enough times and they are not educated enough to know better they will begin to believe it and react to whatever you're telling them to believe.

For example if I tie a person in a chair with no clothes on and tell them I have a poisonous spider in a jar and Im going to kill them with it they're body will begin to react. They'll tense up & hairs will stand up & they'll squirm in their chair. If I so much as touch them with my finger they'll likely freak out and scream in terror.

The blindfold in that example is ignorance & the human mind's susceptibility to peer pressure and suggestion. But once that blindfold is taken off; and you tell a person you have a poison spider and you're going to kill them with it they begin to ask questions: "so where's the spider?" "What do you mean I should just 'Have Faith' the spider is there?" "NIgga u aint got no damn spider untie me!" "Fuck you mean if the Spider wills it I can be untied?! Aint no spider to will these fucking straps off nigga!" "I aint letting no damn invisible spider in my heart asshole untie me now!"

Meanwhile, the muthafukkas with the blindfold on are still scared shitless of a spider that isnt even there. Squirming, "praise dancing" & shouting...to a being that was merely an overwhelming "suggestion" by an influential group.

e9d93ea272f62a7c2111574248cf534e.png
    Meta_Conscious
  • nex ginnex gin Keep It Simple Stupid Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I grew up in church so I saw that type of thing several times a month. Shit did use to be funny though see a nigguh go off like....

cant-contain-holy-spirit-o.gif
    JDSTAYWITIT.AmotekunTrollio miamivice305
  • Demarco27Demarco27 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭
    Heard someone speaking in tongues the one time i went to church...never went back.

Basically...its sum bullshit
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Demarco27 wrote: »
    Heard someone speaking in tongues the one time i went to church...never went back.

Basically...its sum bullshit

I was at work 3 of us left and this cougar of a lady who sat across from me got a call and it was probably good news and she started saying "that's right only Jesus can do that and the devil blah blah and she started stomping her feet and started talking in tongues 1st time ever hearing that shit live...I was like what the fuck..