Battle For New York - Knicks Vs Brooklyn Nets.. Jay-Z Talks His Shit !!

TherecanonlybeoneTherecanonlybeone Posts: 400
edited November 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Highlights Battle For New York - Knicks Vs Brooklyn Nets

Ok there is a new team in town and they made their presence felt last night against the old guard the New York Knicks. Check out the highlights.

Jay-Z-Beyonce-Spike-Lee-Knicks-Nets-Game.jpg

Replies

• Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 7,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good job barely beating a depleted Knicks team. under new management my ass. foh
    iron man1IceBergTaylortexasdaking88
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 35,890 Regulator
    Confused how Net's fans have beef with the Knicks when the Knicks represent every borough of NY
    unspoken_respectiron man1buttuh_bkacee139
  • Davis eyebrowDavis eyebrow Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    Take this shit to the cheap seat
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confused how Net's fans have beef with the Knicks when the Knicks represent every borough of NY

actually they play in mahattan which hast the most rich folk living there than any other borough or NYC. Brooklyn is the most affordable borough to live in and has a younger median age and more average joe people than mahattan.

• AggyAFAggyAF Y pree Worl boss fi wiPosts: 27,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

actually they play in mahattan which hast the most rich folk living there than any other borough or NYC. Brooklyn is the most affordable borough to live in and has a younger median age and more average joe people than mahattan.

i thought Queens or BX is the most affordable, BK is trendy now
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

i thought Queens or BX is the most affordable, BK is trendy now

i think it depends what you are looking for but at the end of the day mahattan is the flashy borough and the most expensive overall to live in.

AggyAF
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Saying the Knicks represent every borough in NY is like saying the Jets, Giants, Mets and Yankees do. NY sports teams are supported by boroughs from what i was taught.

buttuh_bIceBergTaylortexasdaking88[Deleted User]
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 7,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the nets are the only team of ours that represent 1 borough
  • MillzOGMillzOG OG Posts: 11,396 Regulator
    Wack thread
    buttuh_b
  • blu197blu197 Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good 2 see spike lee still rep Knicks even tho Bk is his hometown
    AggyAF
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 35,890 Regulator
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Saying the Knicks represent every borough in NY is like saying the Jets, Giants, Mets and Yankees do. NY sports teams are supported by boroughs from what i was taught.

No its not cause NY never had another basketball team.
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 53,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn beyonce
    KameLouis CipherVulcanRaven
  • BetaBeta Why Not Zoidberg? Posts: 24,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So pretty much the rest of NY roots for the knicks and only niggas from brooklyn root for the nets.
  • P swayze166P swayze166 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was a fun game to watch....hope a nice playoff rivalry begins.
  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 14,837 Regulator
    fuck all that gay talk

am i the only who sees the awkwardness of that pic
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Misread the thread titles as "Jay-Z takes a shit" and somehow, I wasn't surprised.

Niggas worship his every move. *shrug*
    buttuh_bAlready Home_17texasdaking88
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fuck all that gay talk

am i the only who sees the awkwardness of that pic

yeah, but some shit is just better left unsaid
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,252 Regulator
    bey in the background check a nigga out
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at "depleted Knick team"
    Knick fans catching feelings and excuses

Had the Knicks won Net fans wouldnt have heard the end of it. Niggas on some sore loser shit.
    a percentage of new york fans float to what team is hot at the time i.e. the 86 mets had allot of bandwagoners that floated to the 98 yankees and are still yankee bandwagoners. Should BK get hot and be like the nets of the early 2000's in the kid era or better watch brooklyn pick up fans. Especally with the knicks looking like a decent regular season team not built for the post season.
    $pyda wrote: »
    Lol at "depleted Knick team"
    Knick fans catching feelings and excuses

Had the Knicks won Net fans wouldnt have heard the end of it. Niggas on some sore loser shit.

smh its no excuse, its only one game so how the hell can you claim "city is under new management" after one damn game and you didn't even beat a healthy team. I'm just saying calm the hell down. some of y'all are acting like y'all won the damn finals and shit. we don't know where these two teams stand really until they play each other healthy. niggas gassed off one game
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats one thing I dont like about Knick "fans"
    Alot of them werent fans til they started winning some games when they got Amare and then when they got Melo they'd act like they been fans forever.

I dont ever wanna hear any Knick fan complaining of bandwagon Nets fans. They relocated its obvious ppl are gonna catch interest. Alot of Knick fans be on some flavor of the month type shit cause when they lose you never hear a peep from them.
    well that's alot sports fans in general really. I doubt there would be as many nets fans if they came here with the same team they had last year. when the nets lose we'll see how many real fans y'all got
  • AggyAFAggyAF Y pree Worl boss fi wiPosts: 27,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the Nets is Brooklyn is good for NY cuz there's now more interest in the two teams.
    It sucks for us NJans cuz we now only have 1 major league sport, although most cats are Knicks fans (myself included)
  • Bawse D.LoxBawse D.Lox Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    idk how you're confused. may be it's cuz your're not from here.
    in ny, we constantly got this borough competition & upstate vs. the city.
    in ny, the only time we're one is when we're in another state.
    when we here, we just rep our boroughs,

outside of the jets n giants cuz they play outta newyork. with other teams it really be a borough battle.

when it's mets vs yankees it's really bronx vs. queens.
    when it's rangers vs islanders it's manhattan vs. long island.
    buffolo bills vs jets or giants, is upstate vs the city

dalyricalbandit