The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdubPosts: 14,000 Regulator
edited December 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
so i decided to re watch Lord of the Rings trilogy [this time the extended joint which i recommend for any fan] and i had forgotten how epic this trilogy. Got me hype for the Hobbit anyone else checking for this. Got my imax 3d tickets poppin

Replies

• ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    This will be fucking SICK! LOTR is one of my fave trilogies. A bag of kush and those extended editions make those shitty winter days fly by.

Oh and LOTR has THE GOAT Location scouts. The scenery in these movies are so vivd and epic that it really does bring the books a little to reality.
  • joseph sunjoseph sun Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah lotr was boring and this looks boring as well
    themadlionsfanblack caesarFocal PointcainvelasquezNothingButTheTruth(ob)Scenea.manntexas409thefabmd2dcBK Productrip.dilla
  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 14,000 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    rage wrote: »
    This will be fucking SICK! LOTR is one of my fave trilogies. A bag of kush and those extended editions make those shitty winter days fly by.

man that hoe took me three days to finish and it was well worth it

i never liked the theatrical version of return of the king, but the extended version i hella impressive

battle of helms deep in two towers>>>>

Lou_Cyphera.mann
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 27,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the lord of the rings movies, and i will be checking on the hobbit. But i hope Jackson doesnt make the hobbits as gay as they were in the first movies. Maybe it was Elijah Wood that caused all of it for me. But Elijah would say some pauseworthy shit and some awkward stares.

Will def check for the hobbit tho, read the book a long time ago and the battle scene should be fucking awesome.
  • CracceRCracceR Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mayne that trailer looks kinda boring but im gonna see it one way or the other
  • wmj710wmj710 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they made those movies extra long just for the sake of making a long movie. I remember that scene where he had to throw the ring in the lava, and this motherfucker wanted to take 30 minutes outta of my life acting like he couldn't do it.
    TheIraqLou_Cypherrip.dilla
  • TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol nigga said they made the movies extra long for the sake of making a long movie lol.... Them movies was long as shit tho... If the running time on this movie is over 2 hours I'll wait until it comes to redbox...
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm checking for it, thought the LOTR trilogy was dope.
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I liked the lord of the rings movies, and i will be checking on the hobbit. But i hope Jackson doesnt make the hobbits as gay as they were in the first movies. Maybe it was Elijah Wood that caused all of it for me. But Elijah would say some pauseworthy shit and some awkward stares.

Will def check for the hobbit tho, read the book a long time ago and the battle scene should be fucking awesome.

frodo n sam were suspect

but them niggas deserved to be made kings over the bullshit they went thru
    texas409
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's.the difference between the theatrical versions and the extended versions.....I ask because return of the king.sucked imo
    texas409
    edited November 2012
    What's.the difference between the theatrical versions and the extended versions.....I ask because return of the king.sucked imo

its longer lol

nah just more scenes that one might think crucial to the story for example this

and the death of wizard sarumon as well and other shit

• MantequillaMantequilla Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭✭
    Hell yeah, gotta put on for my country B
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People say the movies are long for no reason, but ya'll don't realize how much longer the source material is. I'd say they did a pretty good job of stripping things down and still maintaining the story.
    Focal Pointpeagle05a.mann
  • Focal PointFocal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this!!! Catching that 12:00am showing!!!
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah
    the giant eagle ethers the entire series

i was pissed tofind out that there was a living,breathing G4 to hop on and ride like it's nothin
  • nawledge_godnawledge_god Gif Game Proper Chiraq RefugeePosts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Never Like Sword And Sorcery Books, Films Games Etc.....Prob Wont See This....No Hate Just Cant Get Into Them
    rip.dilla
  • jay83jay83 Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amotekun wrote: »
    LOTR was the shit until Gandalf came and rescued them niggas with giant ass eagles.

Frodo had to been thinking, nigga you meant o had them in your back pocket
    this whole time?!!!!! LOTR seriously shoulda been a one day mission.

Hey yall niggas need to destroy this ring it can only be done at Mt. Doom where it was forged.
    You can walk there which will prolly take.....goddamn...at least a year where you run the risk of meeting all sorts
    of unscrupulous characters, and risk being killed or having lost the ring.... or you can hop on these
    eagles nigga and be there in 5 minutes.

/credits

dogfromduckhunta.mannaneed123
  • dogfromduckhuntdogfromduckhunt Posts: 556 ✭✭✭
    Can't sit in the theater for 3 hours for another one of these movies. Feel like I'm wasting money when I doze off. Do want to see the Oblivion trailer playing before it though.
  • ra-mes1ra-mes1 Posts: 420
    Read the book and whole LOTR series as a kid and liked the movies. But breaking the Hobbit into...3 parts? I don't see why except for revenue.
  • black caesarblack caesar Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm there. I watched the Hobbit cartoon movie back in the 80's.
    Focal PointSion
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 16,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one looks boring but then again the first lord of the rings film from Peter Jackson was also boring & didn't pick up until the the two towers!!!
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The battle scene in The Two Towers >>>>
    DWO