What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Far Cry 3 - anyone checking for it?

KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
watching the previews, it reminds me of Battlefield 1942 on PSN.

are they using the frostbite engine? shit looks aight i guess... might give it a go. my friend got it downloaded already

Replies

• willhustlewillhustle Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to check out the first 2 before I would pick it up.
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck far cry 1. Definitely copping this shit.
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
  • KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    willhustle wrote: »

why?

Ive played tons of sequels without playing their predecessors. I don't really give a shit about story lines. and even if I did, a quick wikipedia search should fill you in if you're worried about losing track, story wise.

• Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Far cry has come along way. Hopefully they still got map editor.
    superstarcole.gif
  • willhustlewillhustle Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    willhustle wrote: »

why?

Ive played tons of sequels without playing their predecessors. I don't really give a shit about story lines. and even if I did, a quick wikipedia search should fill you in if you're worried about losing track, story wise.

Oh ok I forgot about that though.
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Posts: 11,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    This game is fucking my whole life up at the moment. They got me on some "just one more mission" shit. I've been a zombie at work the past couple days since I'll be inadvertently playing until 5am.

Far cry 1 was dope until they added monsters for no good reason and far cry 2 would have been good if they didn't call it far cry 2 since it was set in Africa and not in an island setting.

Also there's bloody tits in this one which is a fetish of mine.

edit: the story line doesn't carry over from previous games at all so there's no need to play them if you don't want to.
  • qtipp73qtipp73 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i copped it today. its off the chain in terms of the level of freedom u have
    tumblr_m9q781XZMs1rwnvfpo1_500.gif
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,267 Regulator
    i dont feel like feeling lonely and bored in game where im not suppose to be lonely and bored.
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
    Omg omg omg this game is straight crack. This is the essence of a game that allows you to play how you want to play. I'm more of a sneaking and kill type of person so the lush jungles and cross bow fit my gaming style so well. Playing on the hardest difficult and i fucking love it. Going to try multiplayer tomorrow and who got a 360 for some co op?

P.S. FUCK TIGERS AND ALLIGATORS. I fucked up by lingering around a coast trying to escape pirates and a alligator snatched my ass off land and tried to drown the shit out of me.
    superstarcole.gif
    VIBE
    omg omg omg game of the year.
    Far cry 3 = good kid maad city.
    superstarcole.gif
    CallMeWelvinSneakDZA
  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might cop around Christmas time when prices go down (you know they will). Too much shit on the backlog (pause) to be paying full price for a game that I'm not gonna play anytime soon. I JUST opened NFS Most Wanted today and I copped that at launch.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    might cop this down the line. dat bacclog is long as hell nh
    61JbxfhIQ%2BL._SS500_.jpg
    CallMeWelvinjoshuaboy
    Vaas is a top 10 villian in video games b.
    superstarcole.gif
    scoop1215SneakDZA
  • Co_Town_MichaelCo_Town_Michael Bruh. TexasPosts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard the online was a COD clone basically.
    And online is the only reason I get any FPS in the first place.
    The story and side missions are solid from what I've seen so I'm torn on spending $60 on it.
    genocidecutter
    And me and blaz was shitting on niggas.
    superstarcole.gif
    One of the best missions on the game.
    superstarcole.gif
    genocidecutter
  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^Reminds me of that San Andreas mission
  • louis richlouis rich BeantownPosts: 2,007 ✭✭✭✭
    cool game but the replay value is suspect, online trash,
    edited December 2012
    Heard the online was a COD clone basically.
    And online is the only reason I get any FPS in the first place.
    The story and side missions are solid from what I've seen so I'm torn on spending $60 on it.
    Lolwut the online is nothing like call of duty except that it's first person. The implementation of vehicles, a map editor that allows you to create your own maps, and the slower gameplay requires team work b. No team work and you'll end up at the end of the game getting punished.

superstarcole.gif
    louis rich wrote: »
    cool game but the replay value is suspect, online trash,

The only problem with online is matchmaking. once that is fixed it's fuck black ops 2.
    superstarcole.gif
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,267 Regulator
    looks like crysis with vietnam era guns.

should be more densly populated
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
    and the game has a pretty good community. Niggas are always giving me mercy at the end of the game rather then two piecing the shit out of me.
    superstarcole.gif
  • CymicaldaneCymicaldane The Danish OG Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is worth the cash. And im not your usual survival gamer. But this one i like @Ebony Fists nailed my thoughts on the game in one of the posts above.
    The one and only truly original Danish poster on the IC
    a-tribe-called-quest-o.gif GIFSoup
  • Karl.Karl. Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's looks pretty sweet.
    Michael_Malice
  • Michael_MaliceMichael_Malice #YM Posts: 17,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just picked this up on the RedBox. Gonna see what it do.
    0698500_F_B991_463_C_8_F0_C_4926_DC9_B1806_15715_00000.jpg