The People Over At ESPN Are Shitting on Colin Kaepernick Tattoos

Replies

• ImTheKangRoundHereImTheKangRoundHere Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    everybody in sports has tattoos,so why is it an issue when a Brotha has tats and he's a QB?
  • ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole nba has tats? Whats d difference? *didnt watch vid*
  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭✭
    ATTS wrote: »

Check some of it out. I watched most of it, thread title is lyin. They basically said young men need to dress and present themselves well. That everyone isn't gonna be a rapper or professional athlete. Most will need to get a regular job, and your appearance plays a role in you getting hired. So if you come in with tats and shit on ur neck/face you're making life harder on yourself.

I don't think most of the people who commented watched any of the video.
    Already Home_17JusDre313#1hiphopjunki3
  • ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATTS wrote: »

Check some of it out. I watched most of it, thread title is lyin.

Watching now
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Free Da Guys ZionPosts: 27,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why i dont watch ESPN shows anymore
  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the backlash. The conversation became a cultural issue, more than a Kaepernick issue. Nothing wrong with what was said. They said the same thing about white people. Said Rob Ryan was gonna have a hard time gettin a head coachin job cuz of his long ass hair.
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 51,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you just stop it with the coon shit.. that shit is lazy.. and ignorant.. and ironically "coonish" when you just rubberstamp that shit..

and they were speaking of a sporting news article ... IT wasnt ESPN... it was a good discussion.
    Figoalmighty breezeLPast#1hiphopjunki3
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You lost for taking some ESPN shit seriously. Especially Stephen A. and Skip. Them dudes might as well be Glenn Beck and Hannity
  • SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "it scares white ppl"

^ same ol undertone for this and almost every other story on espn
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the thread

Just like the black quarterback, tats on a qb is frowned upon (mostly to white people)!!!
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We went through this 15 years ago with AI.
    Valentinez A. Kaiser
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 51,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colin mixed so......draw your conclusions
  • blackjack2012blackjack2012 Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They both made very good points
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat Bootyologist Posts: 40,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ the subtle shots fired at my nigga Busta.

Lol @ the 2:54 mark. Stephen dropped some real s@@@.

I just have a problem that this an issue period. Why? Well we know why. B/c Ben and other white QB's got tats, but no one made it an issue before. But once again when it's a person of color, then (white) folks gotta nick pick and draw attention to something that's a non factor.

I c/a everything Stephen A. said. But even he knows the real issue behind it.
    playmaker88#1hiphopjunki3
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already took celebrating out of the sport cuz 40 year old white men dont understand it now tattoos are a problem. SMH
    south4lifeVulcanRavenJudah Back
  • blackjack2012blackjack2012 Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that shit true about busta wearing a dress to accept a award ?
  • thefabmd2dcthefabmd2dc Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically CK mother got mad because a column writer said her son looked like a parole with all those tattoos. Of course this is a stereotype but since CK got money he can do whatever he wants with his body. The regular joe can't be covered from head to toe in tatts and get any kinda job they want.

So yeah Tattoos are a huge liability if you don't have a certain status.
  • ImTheKangRoundHereImTheKangRoundHere Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtf does Ck tats gotta do with his talent?
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the backlash. The conversation became a cultural issue, more than a Kaepernick issue. Nothing wrong with what was said. They said the same thing about white people. Said Rob Ryan was gonna have a hard time gettin a head coachin job cuz of his long ass hair.

you know niggas just wanna be mad and criticize ESPN for no reason in particular
    real shit was said in that video
    unspoken_respectblackrainLPast#1hiphopjunki3

you know niggas just wanna be mad and criticize ESPN for no reason in particular
    real shit was said in that video
    pretty much