What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Nicki Minaj Demands Hot 97 Not Play Her Music Anymore

trilladelictrilladelic Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
Despite patching things up after this year's Summer Jam fiasco, it looks like Nicki Minaj is at odds with Hot 97 once again. Now, in a recent interview with Cipha Sounds and Rosenberg, Hot 97's program director Ebro says Nicki told him she doesn't want the station playing anymore of her music.

Ebro explained that the most recent tiff with Minaj began after he said that Rosenberg's comments ruined her career when her rap-heavy Pink Friday Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up only moved 36,000 units upon its release. According to Ebro, the YMCMB starlet called him from overseas, insulted him and demanded he never play her music on air again.

"I said, 'Rosenberg ruined Nicki Minaj's career' - evidence suggests based on this Re-Up release, the things [Rosenberg] said about her being pop and selling out and making that pop music came back to haunt her," he said. "Now, she puts six rap records on this album and it didn't sell…I get the phone call, the international number pops up, I answer the call, it's my friend Nicki Minaj, who then starts to proclaim how I'm fake. She used every woman's stab she could - 'I thought you were a man, you're a cornball, I thought we were friends, you're fake, everyone told me you were fake'…I said, 'Nicki, I'm helping you. I'm keeping you in the Hip Hop conversation. This Hip Hop thing's a competition; you're either ringing, or you're not, and just like I said yesterday, i love you, boo and I'll dust you off and make sure this thing is popping off again.' And she goes, 'Don't ever play my music again'…of course we are [still playing Nicki Minaj], I love Nicki Minaj."

pro smoke, pro choke, anti-broke, conservative liberal..
genocidecutterblackgod813CymicaldaneValentinez A. KaiserAlready Home_17Nah SonshtoopidMrCrookedLetterilledoutnawledge_godVulcanRavenB_A

Replies

• Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circling the Drain..... smh. Its my time anyway *shrugs* I still
    Love her tho.
    dwade206illedout
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She a female she reacts emotionally a lot. I think people are used to it. Never got the Nicki Hate. Just another young black person doin their thing. *shrug*
    FyHunnitcannonspike1994StillFaggyAFMs. SweeetfaceMrCrookedLetteryeah i rap so don't dwade206Bawse D.Loxnawledge_godDMTxTHC
  • starvinstarvin Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She thinks she's madonna or sumthin
    tumblr_mhpoqebgSs1s1wxobo1_400.gif
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh absolute clown...dunno who she thinks she is...would hate to work with/for her
    yeah i rap so don't shtoopid
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a good start to changing hot 97's wack playlist but still a long way to go
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
    yeah i rap so don't VulcanRaven
  • CymicaldaneCymicaldane The Danish OG Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait. If they remove her music, isnt that taking away some 35% or more of their airplay?
    The one and only truly original Danish poster on the IC
    a-tribe-called-quest-o.gif GIFSoup
    illedout
  • BetaBeta Posts: 63,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I wish they would take away her music..

But this nicki minaj think and wayne said he gonna stop puttin out albums? Life is good.
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

• DR. JEKDR. JEK Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is more annoying: The hot 97 on-air personalities' corniness or Nicki acting like she's God's gift to music?

Hmm I might have to go with Nicki on this one

Couldn't agree more man...good post

• hiphop12345hiphop12345 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebro was wack for that comment.
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebro is wack period...
    Peep my latest project...Practice Makes Profit 2...Free Stream/Download...

http://johnwade.bandcamp.com/
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait. If they remove her music, isnt that taking away some 35% or more of their airplay?

not really, the only nicki song they play regularly is that DJ Khaled song

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

• Ms. SweeetfaceMs. Sweeetface Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    3 more minutes to her "fame".
    5731460217_92252424f9.jpg

• 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite patching things up after this year's Summer Jam fiasco, it looks like Nicki Minaj is at odds with Hot 97 once again. Now, in a recent interview with Cipha Sounds and Rosenberg, Hot 97's program director Ebro says Nicki told him she doesn't want the station playing anymore of her music.

Ebro explained that the most recent tiff with Minaj began after he said that Rosenberg's comments ruined her career when her rap-heavy Pink Friday Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up only moved 36,000 units upon its release. According to Ebro, the YMCMB starlet called him from overseas, insulted him and demanded he never play her music on air again.

"I said, 'Rosenberg ruined Nicki Minaj's career' - evidence suggests based on this Re-Up release, the things [Rosenberg] said about her being pop and selling out and making that pop music came back to haunt her," he said. "Now, she puts six rap records on this album and it didn't sell…I get the phone call, the international number pops up, I answer the call, it's my friend Nicki Minaj, who then starts to proclaim how I'm fake. She used every woman's stab she could - 'I thought you were a man, you're a cornball, I thought we were friends, you're fake, everyone told me you were fake'…I said, 'Nicki, I'm helping you. I'm keeping you in the Hip Hop conversation. This Hip Hop thing's a competition; you're either ringing, or you're not, and just like I said yesterday, i love you, boo and I'll dust you off and make sure this thing is popping off again.' And she goes, 'Don't ever play my music again'…of course we are [still playing Nicki Minaj], I love Nicki Minaj."

Damn this bitch is really trying too hard to be a diva when everyone on earth knows that she won't even be remembered as an artist within the next 5 years!!!
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
    Ms. Sweeetface
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    they should respect her wishes

That doesn't mean shit we still gotta listen to her outside of New York!!!
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
    Ms. SweeetfaceMrCrookedLetterAlready Home_17