What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Has heavily featured songs killed the "Remix"?

FyHunnitFyHunnit I'm MadPosts: 9,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
It seems like it. There was a time when "guest appearances" meant something greater.

Replies

• Davis eyebrowDavis eyebrow Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    Blame these faggot ass rappers
    StillFaggyAFKarl.Ms. Sweeetface
  • FyHunnitFyHunnit I'm Mad Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame these faggot ass rappers

Say his name [2pac Voice]
    TheRicanKingfreshb651Ms. Sweeetface
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 10,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also like how the game is now, where other artist do freestyles to the beats and kind of Debo their verse onto the later released remix.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 29,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixtapes and random song drops killed the remix. Now there's 100 versions of the same song. When "A Mili" dropped everybody had a version, no need for a remix
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    FyHunnit
  • BetaBeta Posts: 63,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh the days where a remix had a diff beat, a guest verse and a new verse from the original rapper.

Nowadays rick ross can come out with a song with meek and french montana on the original and the remix have the same beat, same verses, but this time T.I wanted to drop a struggle verse.
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

FyHunnitDavis eyebrowMrCrookedLetter
  • south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Co Fucking Sign!
    I remember when u heard a hot song and they put the remix out, u couldn't wait to see who is on it.
    Like Black Rob's "Whoa" was killing the game and then they put the remix out and it killed the game too.

We can really blame this shit on DJ Khaled, he watered down the heavy features on his "albums" lol.
    Nigga to me is not a real DJ and Khaled does not rap or produce anything and he acts like he is the star of the album just because he is screaming like a bitch on the songs and saying nigga.
    MY SQUADS

MIAMI HEAT - 2006, 2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2010 XLIV Super Bowl Champions
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 2010, 2012 & 2013 BCS National Champions, 2015 CFB Champions

unspoken_respect
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made you look remix>>this thread
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
  • FyHunnitFyHunnit I'm Mad Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    The Hacker wrote: »
    Made you look remix>>this thread

I agree, but Made you look remix would've been the original song in 2012.
    Thats the point that i'm making. I hate that its like that. Special "Guest Appearances" don't add that weight it used to have..
  • N YO HOODN YO HOOD Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    remixes use to be just a change of the beat then niggas got lazy and called a feature the remix now its just called a feature music is just lazy now
    huey
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    nah remix was killed when they stopped switching up the beat

True that
    sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

• unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to add that the Flava In Ya Ear remix was dope. It doesn't work in all cases though.
    sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

• 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 36,755 Regulator
    heavy ass features been around since the late 90's. This isn't nothing new.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
  • mdotmdot Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is over done mixtapes features remixes and beefs.