In terms of quality what company has fell off harder than capcom?

genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
Can you name one?

Replies

• genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    square-enix

Close
  • grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Reppin' The 631 Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you haven't played FFXIV Online have you...
    genocidecutter
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried to log in but it kept crashing
  • vagrant-718vagrant-718 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Square enix fell off harder

Capcom made fighting games popular again

SionLUClEN
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,193 Regulator
    yea im gonna say square.
    Sion
  • CJCJ Posts: 12,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capcom fell off?
    SionLUClEN
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,193 Regulator
    edited December 2012
    not necessarily, but apart from Street Fighter, what franchise of theirs has gotten better with age? I wish theyd release an updated mega man collection for ps3 so I wouldnt have to play mega man 1 -4 in jap.
    genocidecutterSion
  • WishboneJonesWishboneJones Infinity- 0 Posts: 20,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who made ready to rumble?
    Ea sports big fell off
    Activision fell off
  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hacker wrote: »
    Who made ready to rumble?
    Ea sports big fell off
    Activision fell off
    True, but that's because they don't exist anymore lol.

Don't agree with Activision tho, they BEEN doing the same shit they're doing now....rehashing the same shit over and over again, it's just that now people are finally getting fed up with it.
    ready 2 rumble was midway. they gone.
  • RichPorterOfTheICRichPorterOfTheIC Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Activision
    Rare
    Midway
  • blackkevblaziniblackkevblazini Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm suprised nobody said Sega.
    SionCashmoneyDux
  • WishboneJonesWishboneJones Infinity- 0 Posts: 20,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 26,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did the New FFXIV come out yet? i heard its a lot better than FFXIV but still not as good as people have hoped.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    No gaming company in the history of gaming has ever fallen off harder than RARE. How you go from Goldeneye, Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Racing and Battletoads to...Kinectimals? Although, Viva Pinata was pretty dope.

...yea, then SEGA.
    Solitary Soldier
  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Killer Instinct:
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-denied-killer-instinct-trademark-renewal-6401009

Microsoft denied Killer Instinct trademark renewal
    December 4, 2012 6:32AM PST
    Eddie Makuch
    By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

USPTO refuses application for renewal, citing possible confusion with Fox's since-ended TV series of the same name.

The United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) has refused to allow Microsoft to renew its Killer Instinct trademark. In a government filing, the office said it would not allow it due to the possibility of confusion with Fox's since-ended television series Killer Instinct.

"In the present case, applicant’s mark is Killer Instinct and registrant's mark is Killer Instinct. Thus, the marks are identical in terms of appearance and sound," a line from the statement reads "In addition, the connotation and commercial impression of the marks do not differ when considered in connection with applicant's and registrant's respective goods and services."

"Thus, upon encountering Killer Instinct for 'video game software' and 'entertainment services, namely, providing online video games' and Killer Instinct for 'entertainment services in the nature of a television series featuring drama,' consumers are likely to be confused and mistakenly believe that the respective goods and services emanate from a common source."

Fox's crime drama Killer Instinct aired in 2005 and spanned just one season.

Microsoft applied to renew its Killer Instinct trademark in September, sparking a belief that the company may have been in some way interested in reviving the '90s fighting franchise.

Though the USPTO has refused to allow Microsoft to renew its Killer Instinct trademark, Microsoft is allowed to respond to the refusal by submitting evidence and arguments to support its claim.

I never heard of the show Killer Instinct.
    Siongenocidecutter
  • vagrant-718vagrant-718 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    No gaming company in the history of gaming has ever fallen off harder than RARE. How you go from Goldeneye, Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Racing and Battletoads to...Kinectimals? Although, Viva Pinata was pretty dope.

...yea, then SEGA.

Thats more ms fault for Rare falling off, all them games you named were on nintendo consoles

sega fell off but at least theyre making money. i never cared for rare games personally (except the donkey kongs) , but read up on Rares history on wiki for some depressing ass shit.
  • thephantasmthephantasm Posts: 183 ✭✭
  • blackkevblaziniblackkevblazini Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Killer Instinct:
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-denied-killer-instinct-trademark-renewal-6401009

Microsoft denied Killer Instinct trademark renewal
    December 4, 2012 6:32AM PST
    Eddie Makuch
    By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

USPTO refuses application for renewal, citing possible confusion with Fox's since-ended TV series of the same name.

The United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) has refused to allow Microsoft to renew its Killer Instinct trademark. In a government filing, the office said it would not allow it due to the possibility of confusion with Fox's since-ended television series Killer Instinct.

"In the present case, applicant’s mark is Killer Instinct and registrant's mark is Killer Instinct. Thus, the marks are identical in terms of appearance and sound," a line from the statement reads "In addition, the connotation and commercial impression of the marks do not differ when considered in connection with applicant's and registrant's respective goods and services."

"Thus, upon encountering Killer Instinct for 'video game software' and 'entertainment services, namely, providing online video games' and Killer Instinct for 'entertainment services in the nature of a television series featuring drama,' consumers are likely to be confused and mistakenly believe that the respective goods and services emanate from a common source."

Fox's crime drama Killer Instinct aired in 2005 and spanned just one season.

Microsoft applied to renew its Killer Instinct trademark in September, sparking a belief that the company may have been in some way interested in reviving the '90s fighting franchise.

Though the USPTO has refused to allow Microsoft to renew its Killer Instinct trademark, Microsoft is allowed to respond to the refusal by submitting evidence and arguments to support its claim.

I never heard of the show Killer Instinct.

After playing Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus and Kakuto Chojin, I hope to god Microsoft doesn't fuck with Killer Instinct cause Jeeeeesus CHRIST did those games suck.

genocidecutterLUClENSion
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven Rise from the ashes MarylandPosts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Square-ANUS. I mean really. Capcom was always just great at making fighting games.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 15,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Square and not even close.

Capcom is pretty much back at the top of the Fighting Game world and they still have plenty of properties they can revitalize that will instantly bring back fans.

Square has pretty much lost. They've all but fun their flag franchise into the ground, lost all the creative minds that could have revitalized old franchises, and shown that their ability to make new franchises is severely lacking.
    genocidecutter
  • infamous118infamous118 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Yeah Rare fell off pretty hard.
  • I'm going with Rare.