What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Do you have what it takes to contribute to AHH?

Replies

• StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    I want in.

So you just show up and post outta no where?

Imma have to take your spot as MOD.

Nice drop Menace. I've held The Essence down since 2006, been posting here since 2003.

I know I'm nowhere near as active now as I once was; but Jay's aware of this, along with the other mods. I have a career that takes precedence, unfortunately; but that doesn't mean I'm ineligible for contribution and/or as a mod. I still do my part in The Essence, but it's been a slow year as far as I can tell with the independent lane, which is a shame given that we've had so many good years.

Nevertheless, the albums in my sig still do the underground justice and should be checked by any and every one who feels hip hop music.

Kendrick Lamar dropped and a lot of posters here are claiming that they were down since the get-go, or proclaiming that they've been onto him since Section.80 and therefore are putting their homies onto it like he's something fresh. I know of no posters who would discuss the Kendrick Lamar EP with me when I posted about it in The Essence or the artist threads I created in The Reason at the time, which sank expectedly and unfortunately all the same. I dropped threads on dude a few years ago and few of The Essence heads checked him and were onto him ever since. The Reason caught on a year or more later.

This is why I think I could really light up a few articles, as there are other emcees out there who deserve shine like Lamar, despite the fact that they'll never break the mainstream.

and what is wrong with that?

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

• FyHunnitFyHunnit I'm Mad Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want in.

Nice drop Menace. I've held The Essence down since 2006, been posting here since 2003.

I know I'm nowhere near as active now as I once was; but Jay's aware of this, along with the other mods. I have a career that takes precedence, unfortunately; but that doesn't mean I'm ineligible for contribution and/or as a mod. I still do my part in The Essence, but it's been a slow year as far as I can tell with the independent lane, which is a shame given that we've had so many good years.

Nevertheless, the albums in my sig still do the underground justice and should be checked by any and every one who feels hip hop music.

Kendrick Lamar dropped and a lot of posters here are claiming that they were down since the get-go, or proclaiming that they've been onto him since Section.80 and therefore are putting their homies onto it like he's something fresh. I know of no posters who would discuss the Kendrick Lamar EP with me when I posted about it in The Essence or the artist threads I created in The Reason at the time, which sank expectedly and unfortunately all the same. I dropped threads on dude a few years ago and few of The Essence heads checked him and were onto him ever since. The Reason caught on a year or more later.

This is why I think I could really light up a few articles, as there are other emcees out there who deserve shine like Lamar, despite the fact that they'll never break the mainstream.

Oh so you cool because of that huh? Sounds like your just shitting on the majority those fans who helped him go GOLD.
    RuffDraft
  • Stomp JohnsonStomp Johnson Trashposting Til Infinity Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread derailment in 3....2.....1.....

(if you even wanna call this a thread at this point)
    Stew
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭✭
    I want in.

Nothing. It's just that he isn't something new, at all. I got a late pass considering he was k.dot before the Kendrick Lamar EP. So it's strange to hear people calling him the 'new' when really they've been sleeping, just as I have on other acts too.

The Kendrick Lamar statement is in reference to the final paragraph that I dropped. My response was in terms of my validity as a mod or poster, as Menace called me on not being around, which is fair; along with my reasoning for being a contributor/writer for AHH.

Having knowledge of underground emcee's and the general scope of the past ten years is a reason why I think I could write a good article or two, as it's apparent that people are into good hip hop music, but are just having problems getting past the commercial lane and haven't been exposed to a wider plane.

Writing articles about similar artists could generate some interest in an otherwise unknown act in terms of mainstream followers; much to the same as the 'Breeding Ground' has been in the past.
    I want in.

Oh so you cool because of that huh? Sounds like your just shitting on the majority those fans who helped him go GOLD.

Lol. Not at all. Kendrick deserves the exposure and it's great to see people supporting him. But people always trying to say 'I heard it first', 'I told ya'll Kendrick is the shit'. But that is untrue.

Read the bottom paragraph, which explains my reasoning for discussing Kendrick's rise; it's why I think I could write for AHH - the point of this thread.

I don't want kudos or cool points. I want more exposure for the underground and always have.
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
    I want in.

Nothing. It's just that he isn't something new, at all. I got a late pass considering he was k.dot before the Kendrick Lamar EP. So it's strange to hear people calling him the 'new' when really they've been sleeping, just as I have on other acts too.

The Kendrick Lamar statement is in reference to the final paragraph that I dropped. My response was in terms of my validity as a mod or poster, as Menace called me on not being around, which is fair; along with my reasoning for being a contributor/writer for AHH.

Having knowledge of underground emcee's and the general scope of the past ten years is a reason why I think I could write a good article or two, as it's apparent that people are into good hip hop music, but are just having problems getting past the commercial lane and haven't been exposed to a wider plane.

Writing articles about similar artists could generate some interest in an otherwise unknown act in terms of mainstream followers; much to the same as the 'Breeding Ground' has been in the past.
    I want in.

Lol. Not at all. Kendrick deserves the exposure and it's great to see people supporting him. But people always trying to say 'I heard it first', 'I told ya'll Kendrick is the shit'. But that is untrue.

Read the bottom paragraph, which explains my reasoning for discussing Kendrick's rise; it's why I think I could write for AHH - the point of this thread.

I don't want kudos or cool points. I want more exposure for the underground and always have.

ok
    edited December 2012
    The majority of the content they want is right in the IC. The Super Mods should be working with Vanilla to showcase it better.
    Stew5th LetterSion
  • _Jay_Jay Posts: 3,482 My Name Is My Name.
    Some of the ppl who've posted kinda have "resumes" already out there, like bodies of work nshit, on the IC, and that's a good look for this...speaks to consistency..

..................ROLL DAMN TIDE

@JayChillinBro
    RuffDraftFyHunnitSion
  • TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Regulator Posts: 19,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    My avi is my own work. I wanna be down with the photoshop crew

Started out with all original "real life" images and did this while just bullshittin around one day, added the shadow details and all, even changed the building from "real life" and made it more cartoonish.
    ftk3f4.jpg
    9yra8oazt939.jpeg

tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif
    [img][/img]1377736851_tumblr_m1gwskt4Bk1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

Sho’nuff: Am I the meanest?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Am I the prettiest?
    Sho’nuff: Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
    Sho’nuff: Well who am I?
    Sho’nuff: Who am I?
    Sho’nuff: I can’t hear you…
  • I WANT IN

- BeatZ PhonatiC
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 31,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmon...i want in...before the old site went down i was a admin...and i could change shit around an be in the exclusive forums. then when the new one popped up...i was with the peasants.

i have been on this site since the beginning.

you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

FyHunnit
  • I WANT IN, give y'all the UK perspective!
    Parallel
  • Mdizzle9000Mdizzle9000 Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i already make money off of internet shit so yall need to sign me up

i want in, bitches
    twitter: @mdizzle9000

lasig-1.jpg
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an example... I posted this about how Pac is the goat
    Here's why I think Pac is the GOAT

2012-last-2pac-interview-about-illuminati-conspiracy-theory-tupac-shakur.jpg

Tupac is the GOAT for a reason, just beacuse he died way before his time you cant discredit him for what he has done.

Pac is known for his controversial lyrics and,behavior outside the studio. Lets look at the albums he dropped before he died.

2pacalypse (8/10)
    220px-2pacalypse_now.jpg

A young Pac just getting started he was just stepping his foot through the door droping his first album he had some dope tracks on that album also (Brendas Gotta Baby,Trapped,I don't give a fuck)

Strictly For My Niggaz (8.5/10)
    220px-Strictly_4_My_N.I.G.G.A.Z.jpg

A step up from his 1st album more a deep political album (Keep Ya Head Up is the best song on that album and his best song ever in my opinion). You also got "I get Around" "5Deadly Venomz" "Papaz Song"

THUG LIFE (7/10)
    2pac---thug-life--vol--1.jpg

Straight up Thugish shit good album with some pretty dope tracks (Cradle To The Grave,Str8 Ballin,How Long Will They Mourn Me,Bury Me A G,Pour Out Some Liquor) This is a slept on album that doesnt get enough credit.

Me Against The World 10/10
    220px-Meagainsttheworldcover.jpg

This is considered Pac's best album to some people just a straight up CLASSIC album. Pac showed his critics that he put out a classic record, This album was number 1 while Pac was incarcerated making him the first musician to have an number 1 album while locked up. This is full of great songs (Dear Momma might be Pac's best song ever, Me Against The World,Temptations,Shed So Many Tears,Fuck The World,Old School,Death Around The Corner)

All Eyes On Me 9.5/10
    220px-Alleyezonme.jpg

Pac's first album on DeathRow and My Favorite Pac album plus he didn't disappoint at all he finished this album really fast but by listening to it you wouldn't think it sounded rushed at all. It still sounds fresh like it came out today.Every song on that album can easily be a single no doubt about it. I can list all the songs but my top 5 songs on All Eyes On Me has to be (Ambition As A Ridah/How Do You Want It/Only God Can Judge Me/Run Tha Streets/ Shorty Wanna Be A Thug.) I would give this album a full 10 if it didn't have a lot of features but regardless it's another classic for Pac. I'm pretty sure the album is Diamond(14x plat) right now they haven't counted the sales in years. Last time it was 9x plat of June '98.

The Don Killuminati (10/10)
    220px-2Pac_Makaveli-The_Don_Killuminati_front.jpg

This might be Pac's best album in my opinion this whole album showed the growth of Pac and showed where he was heading music wise. He made this album in 7days every track on the album are great but 5 songs stick out when you mention this album. (Hail Mary/Toss It Up/Against All Odds/Blasphemy/To Live And Die In L.A) Pac's 3rd classic album in a row and probably would've been his last album on Death Row.

The Reason I think Pac is the goat is because of who he was as an artist,and what he has accomplished while he was here on earth. PAC showed versatility every other song on each album. He can go from a song like Keep Ya Head Up to Hit' Em Up then from Dear Mamma to Hail Mary and then Brenda's Gotta Baby to I Get Around. Pac is probably the only Emcee I know who get's better every other album majority of these rappers best album are their first albums with Pac's best album is his last album he did alive. Every album Pac dropped he showed improvement and still put out hits.

Pac had the craziest work ethic LAZY doesnt come close to describe him he had 8 albums drop after his death (3 Double Disc Albums 4 total including AEOM),
    He was in the studio everyday drop 3 songs a day he was either in n out of court or on the movie set.
    His lyrics where real and deep anyone can relate to a Pac track don't matter if you're rich,poor,black or white. Pac made music that touched everyone and that is why I consider Pac the GOAT.

2763799_o.gif

A GODDESS/ICON & THE GREATEST FEMALE ARTIST EVER: MARIAH CAREY
    tumblr_mkz8t79VkZ1rmjy4go8_400.gif

KOBE "BEAN" BRYANT
    tumblr_mohdwqEFUv1rz7szho1_500.gif

AMARI COOPER
    coopered.0.gif

Dress Like You Listen To Sinatra And Act Like You Listen To Pac
    rsz_12frank_zps16b2228d.jpg
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mcmenace
    Emcee Menace-The Stranger (Prod.By A.Joy) [Billy Joel Sample]
  • nickdnickd Posts: 5
    let me get a shot at this. I want in
    i want to review mixtapes and give you all the truth
    there needs to be more mixtape and album reviews. great music comes out daily that are missed by the masses.
    Well this is awkward now

Thread should've been locked a while ago.
    unspoken_respect
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody actually get a spot writing for AHH?
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hol Up...

are we getting paid? cause I wont write blogs and articles for free...

i can hook u up to my bank account for a direct deposit
    A GODDESS/ICON & THE GREATEST FEMALE ARTIST EVER: MARIAH CAREY
    tumblr_mkz8t79VkZ1rmjy4go8_400.gif

KOBE "BEAN" BRYANT
    tumblr_mohdwqEFUv1rz7szho1_500.gif

AMARI COOPER
    coopered.0.gif

Dress Like You Listen To Sinatra And Act Like You Listen To Pac
    rsz_12frank_zps16b2228d.jpg
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mcmenace
    Emcee Menace-The Stranger (Prod.By A.Joy) [Billy Joel Sample]
    FyHunnitiKingGodGivBizCashmoneyDux
  • Did some say $$?! I'm all about getting P.A.I.D
    I'm a pissed off old-school hip hop fan. Come @ me mothafuckas.
    FyHunnit