What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Monta Ellis

af.r.i.c.a.af.r.i.c.a. Fuck your reactions Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why isn't Monta held in the same regard as Rose and Westbrook? I always thought that these three guys had similar playing styles and if you look at the numbers there is not much of a difference when everyone is playing at the top of their game. No love for the Mississippi Missile?
aaron-gordon-dunk-gif.gif

block.gif

Replies

• 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plays for wack teams/teams with no market value & shoots the ball waaaayyyyy too much!!!
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
    D.D.S.BIGbaddBLACK
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 49,730 Regulator
    Probably cause the other two attempt to play defense.
    mike06ShadyWorldOrder
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 35,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he's gotta get on winnin teams to be thrown in da same category
    http://teamdar.bandcamp.com/

^^^^^^^ U WANT AN ALBUM WITH MULTIPLE TOPICS THAT SOUNDS DIFFERENT THEN YOUR EVERYDAY MUSIC YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO. YOU WANT SOMEONE WITH A UNIQUE DELIVERY WHO HAS SUBSTANCE AS WELL. THE LINK ABOVE COOLIN IN AXELWORLD IS FOR U, START ON TRACK 1 AND JUST LET IT RIDE ALL OPINIONS AND FEEDBACK WELCOMED

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably cause the other two attempt to play defense.

I wouldn't say Monta doesn't attempt, the problem is he's out of position(as far as size is concerned) so it doesn't matter. Rose and Westbrook play on winning teams and they're good players on BOTH sides of the ball. Monta goes in that "almost a star" category...

jameshardenmixesitupovernets.gif?w=650
    harden_rubio_0_1428406554.gif
    KeepOnPushingShadyWorldOrder
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 22,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    those guys are points guards on teams that are theirs ... Monte is a 2 in a point guards body.... and has been on horrible team eva since golden st tore up the playoff team
  • KeepOnPushingKeepOnPushing Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Because Westbrook and Rose lead their teams or help teams to victories

Monta is a Volume shooter .....he pretty much scores but his team doesn't win.....that doesn't give much for the people or media to talk about

one thing i will say is Monta is a much better passer than people assume

i would have like to seen him on the Nets before weak ass Joe Johnson
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's not as athletic.
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
    PiffyHazeBawse D.LoxShizlanskyShadyWorldOrder
    edited December 2012
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    He's not as athletic.

dawg stop posting

you must have seen him play for maybe 1 quarter out of his entire career for u to make this comment

infamous114(Nope)P swayze166
  • one_manshowone_manshow Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    ^LOL@ not athletic...

Ellis is a one dimensional player he has the talent to give you good numbers but he isn't a leader or a go to guy. Hasn't played for a good coach or in a system where he can get teammates involved.
    KeepOnPushing
    I didn't say he's not athletic. Yall think Monta has as much bounce as Rose and Westbrook?

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
  • one_manshowone_manshow Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I didn't say he's not athletic. Yall think Monta has as much bounce as Rose and Westbrook?

Has nothing to do with athleticism more about IQ/talent. It comes down to winning games and being on successful teams....how much times has Ellis reached the playoffs in his career?

KeepOnPushing

P swayze166
  • Co_Town_MichaelCo_Town_Michael Bruh. TexasPosts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because no one gives a fuck about niggas who don't win.
    one_manshowAristo_V300P swayze166
    Ok you can post 3 videos and he still doesn't have more bounce and still isn't more athletic than Rose or Westbrook. That's part of the reason he doesn't get recognized like they do by the media. The other part of the reason is obviously because of the teams he plays on.

Offensively Monta has a wider skill set than both of them to be honest.

KeepOnPushing
  • CallMeWelvinCallMeWelvin Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do know Monta is one of the fastest people in the NBA...right?
    KeepOnPushingone_manshow
    edited December 2012
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    You do know Monta is one of the fastest people in the NBA...right?

Yea I would say top 5. He might be faster than Rose but not Westbrook. I'm talking about Sports Center highlights athleticism though. I thought this thread was asking why he doesn't get attention from the media. Their playing style isn't exactly similar either.

blackjack2012
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn from watching them videos its clear he is very athletic and offensively talented..... i'm guessing he has some of the lowest basketball IQ out there for him to be putting up the atrocious shooting percentages he puts up....
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Ellis opt out of his contract i hope the Bulls make a play for him. The back court of Rose and Ellis would be unstoppable
  • BetaBeta NH Posts: 62,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad for ellis. Besides that 1 playoff year, his career hasnt been shit. Just a bunch of shooting, losing, and injuries.

He needs to step up his game and become more of a complete player. Its never too late, monta only in his 7th or 8th yr. But dude will never be an all-star. A player you could kinda compare him to his corey maggette
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

• king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 22,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Monta was in high school @ Lanier all the coach did was tell him to shoot the ball, never taught him anything else, so that's what he does in the NBA
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Monta was in high school @ Lanier all the coach did was tell him to shoot the ball, never taught him anything else, so that's what he does in the NBA

Lol thats what every high school coach tells their star to do. Fact is monta is a 2 guard in a pg's body and he never adjusted to being able to play what SHOULD be his natural position......
    jameshardenmixesitupovernets.gif?w=650
    harden_rubio_0_1428406554.gif
    king hassan
  • BetaBeta NH Posts: 62,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol that aint no excuse you talking bout HS but how long monta been in the league?
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

king hassan
  • G MackG Mack Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he's definitely matured as a player the last couple of years....his game is becoming more complete as a Guard and actually putting effort defensively.......and he's always been a underrated passer.....
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall give to much props to Rose.
    (Really though?)
    ShadyWorldOrderKeepOnPushingChi-Town Bully
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Yall give to much props to Rose.

You stay hating on dude, whats your beef with him
    ShadyWorldOrder