Star Trek Into Darkness 2013

fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule Posts: 10,642
Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-Teaser-Poster-550x814.jpg

dark knight rises anyone

“When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.

As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.”

Replies

• PaperPlaneJanePaperPlaneJane Posts: 1,065
    edited December 2012
    Benedict is GOAT....especially when given a villian role. Dude can act his ass off. Can't wait for this....I enjoyed the last Star Trek. Also it hasn't been revealed what villian Benedict is actually playing......I really really hope its Khan!

Oh and TS the video isn't working so here

• ragerage Posts: 5,858
    Benedict is GOAT....especially when given a villian role. Dude can act his ass off. Can't wait for this....I enjoyed the last Star Trek. Also it hasn't been revealed what villian Benedict is actually playing......I really really hope its Khan!

Its not Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaàn!!! :(

Its most likely Gary Mitchell.
  • rage wrote: »

Its not Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaàn!!! :(

Its most likely Gary Mitchell.

Sucks he won't be Khan but Gary Mitchell is a good choice of villain as well.
  • Who is Gary Mitchell?

He was a colleague & friend of Kirk's that was with him on USS Enterprise that got hit with some form of energy on a mission that gave him powers. He started to go crazy so Kirk and the crew marooned him on some foreign planet.
  • Who is Gary Mitchell?

He was a colleague & friend of Kirk's that was with him on USS Enterprise that got hit with some form of energy on a mission that gave him powers. He started to go crazy so Kirk and the crew marooned him on some foreign planet.

Oh ok, sounds interesting.
  • I can't wait for this I've always been a Trekkie.
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 10,212
    edited December 2012
    Shit is going to be dope...

lol @ Kirk finding a glitch in the war game test eating, granny smith apples n shit

Hey yo, isn't that chicky from Spartacus?
    edited December 2012
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

lol @ Kirk finding a glitch in the war game test eating, granny smith apples n shit

thats zoe saldana of avatar fame

dont worry about her, she is only claims black when its convenient

lol no right at the 0:47 mark you see chicky, where citizens of San Fran are looking upward. Shorty from Spartacus...Cricix(sp) girl in the (I think) 3rd season.

Yo, I have been doing some research and reading what people think. Major talk that the villain might be Khan. According to what I have been reading, its not Khan.

If the background info I have read is correct and according to the scenes shown, the villain should be Lt. Gary Mitchell

Bare with me pimps, this is going to be a lil long. And it might be a little "jumpy" in its read but that's due to my ignorance of the Star Trek lore.

So who is Lt. Gary Mitchell? Well according to the gathered research, GM was the student and Kirk was the instructor (Starfleet Academy possibly?) The ancestral line of GM are gifted in several abilities, like telepathy and clairvoyance, amongst other gifts. Let's say on a scale of 1-10, with 10 meaning strongest, GM's abilities are around 3. So in other words, his powers hasn't peaked. He's aware that he has some gifts and has always been interested various things such as magic. He's real good at guessing games too.

During his training (and I take it, him and Kirk had a rough start), GM uses his ability to send a distraction Kirk's way, in a effort to make things easier for himself. This chick...

st2trailercarolmarcus_620_120612.jpg

Fast forward later and Kirk handpicks GM to serve upon the Enterprise. In one voyage, Enterprise comes across the galactic barrier. It's the edge of the universe and space. No stars are found here, everything is black. Which alludes to the title, Into the Darkness.

When the Enterprise crosses the threshold of the galactic barrier, GM is temporarily knocked out. When he awakens, he is changed. His abilities has increased rapidly with days past. Dude is moving beyond the 3 now, he's becoming stronger. GM becomes self aware of his new "God-like" status. Kirk deems him a danger to the crew since GM is no longer adhering to people inferior to him.

That's where this scene comes in...

st2trailerlicorice1_620_120612.jpg

In the above scene, you got red vegetation everywhere with Spock and Kirk running from something before leaping from a cliff. The vegetation fits the description of the planet Delta Vega. Where does that fit in? Well after GM has become self aware and too much to control, Kirk plans to dump GM on Delta Vega by tricking him into accompanying him and Spock, on a "mission". While he and Spock is there, due to GM's gifts, he learns the true nature of their visit to this red planet. He is only defeated when Spock vulcan kung fu grips him while he whooping Kirk's ass. This can possibly explain why Kirk and Spock are running in such a hurried fashion and diving into the water...which also can explain why you see the Enterprise rise from the water.

st2trailerunderwatership_620_120612.jpg

In my theory, I don't believe this to be confused with the Enterprise crashing into the water scene. That looks like its centered around the earth scenes. The picture before the above pic seems like its attributed to Delta Vega. Process of elimination helps lean it that way since the pic below shows buildings.

st2trailerenterprise_620_120612.jpg

Plus Khan was never Starfleet. His motivation were based around his family dying of disease (on earth?). Yes we do see the villain jumping high and showing incredible strength (especially the leg sweep scene, with that massive weapon (?) like cylinder within his hands) and I have heard that Khan was superhuman. But the scenes suggests something different when combined with the Star Trek lore. Unless J.J. is planning to combine the characters, which I believe he will not.

Just my guess but the formula seems to be apparent. Bitter student. Girl in the middle. Scorned villain out for revenge. Kirk going to a warzone planet to get her back and kill GM (also to note, in the old television series, the chick was kidnapped by GM and brought to a planet where he intended to give her abilities since she carried some traits of having gifts herself).

What yall think?
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC Posts: 22,977
    lol@ she's only black when it's convenient. Also yes that is the new Naevia from Spartacus
  • Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    st2trailercarolmarcus_620_120612.jpg

thats alice eve we went to the same school when i lived in britain she was a senior, ol gal still bad
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 15,971
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

thats zoe saldana of avatar fame

dont worry about her, she is only claims black when its convenient

to be fair

her was Dominican and her mother is Puerto Rican

• Lou CypherLou Cypher Posts: 19,040
    I never checked out the first one. I think its on netflix instant ill have to check it out.
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I never checked out the first one. I think its on netflix instant ill have to check it out.

Peep that shit bruh. It isn't that bell bottom pants corny shit. I was skeptic of it being that way...but I saw that shit and was like damn, Kirk is an arrogant ass maphuka who don't give fuck...unless its about dem biotches

• Man hell yeah! 1st one enjoyed, so I know this is gonna be good
  • looks disappointing. why ya'll hyped up this trailer like it was something special though? this looks like a generic and derivative CGI action flick + by the book TDKR/Nolan knock-off. smh @ anyone critical of TDKR but hyping this shit up
  • Raging RavenRaging Raven Posts: 10,935
    edited December 2012
    I wish people would stop comparing every damn movie TDKR. The fucking movie is not even out yet and you are comparing it to Batman? Fuck out here. The old Star Trek movies had similar styles. Compared to the show the movies were much darker. Niggas acting like Batman is the first movie to have a dark theme. As if the Matrix never happened or similar movies.
    Got this from IGN...they were invited to a 9 minute preview.
    Spoiler:
  • A.J. TrillzynskiA.J. Trillzynski Posts: 1,869
    edited December 2012
    A lot of people are comparing it to Batman and saying it looks derivative of Nolan's style right out the gate, there's already a backlash - the specific plot elements look completely derivative from TDKR, Skyfall, pretty much all the recent big Sci-Fi/Action/CGI movies. you're kidding yourself if you think this will be anymore original than the last Transformers. just look at the poster it's a direct TDKR knock-off, nuff said.
    edited December 2012
    tumblr_m7qxb0drvo1r7gljio1_400.gif

Niggas seen TDKR and don't know how to take Batman's nuts out their mouth I see.

That was one ignorant dumb ass post.

Nigga saw a cape on Kirk in the poster and decided only Batman can wears capes in movie posters...

Also how can you say you not comparing style and then proceed to say that Star Trek copied from TDKR with its "plot elements".

So this "plot element" you speak of is about a villain out for revenge that was wronged by the protangionist?

Oh that story hasn't been done before until TDKR? GTFO dummy

• A.J. TrillzynskiA.J. Trillzynski Posts: 1,869
    edited December 2012
    star-trek-into-darkness-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

star-trek-into-darkness-the-dark-knight-rises-fire.jpg

really though? keep drinking that kool-aid. you say this shit like I'm the first person to notice - there's plenty of backlash already from Trek fans saying the trailer looks too generic and derivative of Nolan's style, just have a look at the topics on the IMDb board. just be consistent is all I'm saying, some of ya'll been shitting on TDKR and now you're all creaming yourself over this when it's the same damn shit