If Max B never went jail and was signed by Young Money instead of Drake

NikeAirMaxNikeAirMax Posts: 510 ✭✭
Given the push and promotion Drake had around the time Lil Wayne was hot in 2008 do you think Max B would have sold as well as Drake did?

Max B is a beat on Hooks and signing to Young Money would given him a portion of Lil Waynes fan base supporting his Album so i think so. He also was responsible for a lotta Jim Jones Hits he can easily do what Drake did make commercial Hits
infamous114genocidecutterblackgod813Meta_ConsciousP swayze166SleepwalkingInJapan

Replies

• Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he would be chillin with gudda gudda
    silverfoxx
  • Max B is a fucken terrible artist nigga, hell Gripmoeny on these forums more talented then him

hes on some waka flocka dumb nigga shit
    P swayze166silverfoxx
  • nyst8ofminnyst8ofmin Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Who knows. Right now it seems like the worse an 'artist' is, the more promo they get. Shit, based on that formula, max could be multi platinum at this point.

But.max is ass
  • nyst8ofminnyst8ofmin Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh... btw. Eminem also sux
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 52,533 Regulator
    nope son would have not done Drake numbers.
  • NikeAirMaxNikeAirMax Posts: 510 ✭✭
    nope son would have not done Drake numbers.

I dunno about that he was great at writting catchy Hooks and that is what you need for Hit Singles so Max B could easily Write Hooks

Also Max B had a crazy buzz in New York add to the fact his Flow was crazy too all he needed was a big label and a co sign from a star i could easily see him goin Plat with Weezy's co sign
  • twentyfivelighterstwentyfivelighters Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one gives a fuck about Max B.
    infamous114P swayze166
    Can you name many Rappers that make Hooks as dope as Max B? He a top 5 G.O.A.T. Hook Maker in history and his Hooks are certaintly way better than Drakes

Can't name many Rappers that have a Flow as nice as his either again his Flow is nicer than Drakes too
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 29,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO @ Max B being in the same position as Drake had he signed to Young Money.
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) hypothetically speaking, if Max had a better flow than Drake, that doesn't mean he would have did Drake numbers.. sales never reflect quality (a Styles P fan should know this)..

2) Max doesn't have the same mainstream appeal as Drake..
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 52,533 Regulator
    where do ppl get this Max B had a crazy buzz from?

son buzz was prob French Montana'ish at best
    lion_heart
    edited December 2012
    Max B's Hooks are way better and much more catchy than Drakes boring weak RnB 1s IMO and Max B's Flow is much better than Drakes maybe i'm biased cos i can't stand RnB music and think it's boring, but Max B's Hooks are definitley miles better IMO

Also Max B has something Drake never will street credibility as an Artist where as Drake is considered soft hardly a male is going to listen to Drakes music now are they i mean a male will get laughed at for bumping Drake
    Bitches and simps by drake albums which means he got a good fan base

U got 100s of niggas in Max lane, they might not be as nice as Max but they in his lane
    209murdamike
  • blackblocblackbloc Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

U got 100s of niggas in Max lane, they might not be as nice as Max but they in his lane

hood nigga dont buy albums period they bootleg , so no artist can really on hood nigga to feed they fam.

Not really cos how many Street Rappers like Max B that have mainly Street Content Sing on Hooks like Max B and make the Hooks catchy? 1 can think of 1 50 Cent and even over time he himself kinda started relying on features for his Hooks

Max actually created his own lane in that he was a Hook Singer that was a Street Rapper so the dudes who like catchy Singing that isn't soft but Street style Content in the Singing have someone like Max B to bump

Drakes Singing isn't catchy ven it's just RnB which of course has a big fan base but a lotta people do find RnB style boring people like Max B, Eminem, Kid Cudi, 50 Cent do a catchy type of Singing you basically call it crooning

It's also a major sterotype that all females love RnB style Singing i myself can't stand it and i know other females who find it boring too

But someone like Max B's style of crooning is basically more for everyone both males and females it's more for a wider audiance cos of how catchy it is
    put it this way did Jimmy sell drake #s?

cause jimmy took Max and Buddens style and ran with it?
    edited December 2012
    put it this way did Jimmy sell drake #s?

cause jimmy took Max and Buddens style and ran with it?

No way lol Jimmy can't do Hooks let alone Sing them or Harmonize them

Content wise yeah Jimmy and Max similar but again the Hook aspect is what i can see Max selling off on a big label with a star co sign

You can't say Jim Jones Flow was anywhere near Max either and remember this thread based on would Max sell Platinum if he was on Young Money remember Jimmy has never been on Young Money
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 29,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This chick is so delusional about Max B and thinks a majority of people have the same view as her on things.
    (Nope)
    wasnt but they had the similar styles Minus the hook making.

put it this way just cause u can craft a hook doesnt mean u will sell.

• nj2089nj2089 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope he wouldn't even go gold
  • TheRicanKingTheRicanKing Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Hell no max b won't even be near cole and kendrick numbers.
    This chick is so delusional about Max B and thinks a majority of people have the same view as her on things.

Get Rich Or Die Trying sold 7 million with a co sign from Eminem and Dre. 50 who has a very similar style to Max B in that they both Street Rappers, both Harmonize or Sing on Hooks, both have a very good ear for beats

So Max B with a co sign from Weezy and Birdman putting out an Album like Get Rich Or Die Tryin where it's his style mainly staying street but the Hooks he does gives him some Hits and mainstream appeal since they will be catchy while still remaining street in his Lyrics like 50 did on GRODT. Not saying he would do 50 numbers by easily Platinum IMO

And out here almost everyone i know that likes Rap is a huge Max B fan
  • (Nope)(Nope) Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NikeAirMax wrote: »
    Given the push and promotion Drake had around the time Lil Wayne was hot in 2008 do you think Max B would have sold as well as Drake did?

Max B is a beat on Hooks and signing to Young Money would given him a portion of Lil Waynes fan base supporting his Album so i think so. He also was responsible for a lotta Jim Jones Hits he can easily do what Drake did make commercial Hits

Bruh, how many times have you been banned, fuck out of here.

infamous114
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannnn I can't allow this max b is a cool personality but he is in no way the caliber of artist Drake is. Drake makes great music period an u niggas know it an yo ho love it........btw rnb is a founding block for hip hop paki don't u ever disrespect Stevie or James again .....I wonder did she touch it in Miami