Oakland Raiders draft fails...and the players they could've had

SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in From the Cheap Seats

Replies

• Co_Town_MichaelCo_Town_Michael Fuck yo couch nigga TexasPosts: 5,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The jury is still out on McClain and Michael Huff is aight.
    The Raiders need to forfeit their 1st rounder every year tho.
  • KeepOnPushingKeepOnPushing Posts: 17,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROFL Cot' damn
  • ClutchCityCartelClutchCityCartel HoustonPosts: 21,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    04, 05, and 07.....smhhhhhh
    mike06
  • coop9889coop9889 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine having Rodgers, Fitz, Megatron, and McFadden on the same team.
    ClutchCityCartel
  • detcatinvadetcatinva Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop9889 wrote: »

that wouldnt be fair
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    i was at home hype as shit when the Cardinals drafted Levi Brown over AP. But this could probably be done for a lot of teams. Shit the Niners were dam close to taking Adam Carriker over Patrick Willis. Mike Nolan wanted Carriker. Glad he lost that battle
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With C.J. Spiller....

Damn. Gruden would come out that MNF box for that, cause I'm sure Tom Cable or Art Shell or whoever's there now would've fucked all that up.

• ShizlanskyShizlansky Nothing better then being a father. Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donte Whitter just got good. And I think that has much to do with the team he on.

Huff > Whitter
  • mike06mike06 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭✭

lmao@ thinkin they was gonna have top ten draft picks every year?....niggas in Maddenland/Fantasy Football zone ova here....lmao

wtf is Eugene Monroe?...and where did Dorsey end up(and how is he actually playing)?
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i was at home hype as shit when the Cardinals drafted Levi Brown over AP. But this could probably be done for a lot of teams. Shit the Niners were dam close to taking Adam Carriker over Patrick Willis. Mike Nolan wanted Carriker. Glad he lost that battle

damn thats crazy.....yo do you think Rodgers would've been successful(player-wise not accomplishments) had Niner's drafted him #1 instead of Smith?
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mike06 wrote: »

damn thats crazy.....yo do you think Rodgers would've been successful(player-wise not accomplishments) had Niner's drafted him #1 instead of Smith?

Hard to say how successful he would have been as far as getting to a super bowl. I don't think he would have stunk for 6 years like Smith. But i also don't think he would be as good as he is now. Smith started his rookie season, while Rodgers sit and learned from Farve. Then the Niners had 5 different offensive coordinators in a row for Smith. But Rodgers just has the better arm and just better overall qb skills. So I think he would have done better than Smith did in those years. I wanted them to take Braylon Edwards, then trade back up for Jason Campell who I liked more than Rodgers and Smith.
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rodgers went 24th
    mike06 wrote: »

Hard to say how successful he would have been as far as getting to a super bowl. I don't think he would have stunk for 6 years like Smith. But i also don't think he would be as good as he is now. Smith started his rookie season, while Rodgers sit and learned from Farve. Then the Niners had 5 different offensive coordinators in a row for Smith. But Rodgers just has the better arm and just better overall qb skills. So I think he would have done better than Smith did in those years. I wanted them to take Braylon Edwards, then trade back up for Jason Campell who I liked more than Rodgers and Smith.

yeah I agree I dont think he would have been as good in SF...but givin his skillset he prolly could've been more successful than Smith with what they had....co-sign the Edwards pick(even though he really turned out to be a "bust"...lol)...didn't he end up in SF for a year anyway?
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's easy to say "we coulda had _____" but u also have to figure that those players went to the right teams at the right time.

Unless you're talking once in a lifetime super talents like Jordan, Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, Prime Time, etc (players that would ball on any team) it's still a crapshoot.

I'm still salty that my Falcons didn't trade up to get Adrian Peterson. Wouldn't have even taken that much cause the vikes drafted right ahead of us there were alot of "injury prone" rumors about him that was hurting his value. Smfh.

• SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    its not like they coulda/woulda/shoulda had ALL those players...

but at bare minimum oakland coulda had rodgers to fitz since 05 and thats fuckin crucial

.....Rodgers to Fitz
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven Rise from the ashes MarylandPosts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think great players would be great players no matter what team drafts them.C Johnson and Fitz were both drafted by shitty teams.Oakland dropped the ball and could have Rogers and one of those receivers and dmc.
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glen Dorsey is average at best he havent really break out and it been a few years, Eugene Monroe is a SOLID tackle but Bey have more upside........

you can compare picks with any teams, Raiders hating SMH