The Smoking Gun gets @ Rick Rawse again...

stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 10,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
thesmokinggun.com/documents/gang-threatens-rick-ross-678314
DECEMBER 6--So Rick Ross is being forced to cancel concerts in the face of threats by Gangster Disciples members who are upset that the rapper has invoked the name of a gang founder in one of his songs.

In YouTube videos, gang members warn Ross, 36, that he will end up in a hearse unless he pays tribute for using Larry Hoover’s name in “B.M.F. (Blowing Money Fast).” Hoover, serving life in federal prison, co-founded the Gangster Disciples in Chicago in the late-1960s.

The gang, which has grown to include chapters nationwide, has also accused Ross of coopting its Star of David logo on the cover of his new mixtape “The Black Bar Mitzvah.”

Another gang leader, Demetrius “Big Meech” Flenory of the Black Mafia Family, is also mentioned in the song, which shares an acronym--“BMF”--with the Ross song itself. Like Hoover, Flenory is a federal inmate (though he has a release date in 2032).

Ross, of course, has a working familiarity with the penal system, having served previously as a corrections officer in Florida. The rapper (real name: William Leonard Roberts) initially denied working as a screw, but eventually fessed up when TSG published documents from his Department of Corrections personnel file.

Those records showed that Ross swore a loyalty oath upon getting hired and agreed to “shoot an inmate attempting to escape.” His perfect attendance record earned him a nifty “Certificate of Appreciation” from corrections officials. In his 1997 resignation letter (submitted 18 months after his hiring), Ross thanked his superiors for “your interest in my career and for the experience I’ve gained through my employment.”

Ross--who has an encyclopedic knowledge of hoodlums of every stripe--copped his handle from notorious L.A. drug kingpin “Freeway” Ricky Ross, who earlier this year lost a lawsuit brought againt the performer for boosting his name and identity. (4 pages)

348k9ee.jpg

34ip75e.jpg

118qe83.jpg
TrillaaaaaailledoutgnsConfidential PlayaReggie80KINGECTheIraqwhite715nohiphop144Since88vslykeHyenaKillaStoneColdMikey5th LetterKeepOnPushing

Replies

• P swayze166P swayze166 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guy worked a legit job and resigned to pursue his dream of a rap career.....much respect to him. Who cares if he's real or not, that era is over...and money will make you as powerful as you want to be.
    TimeToPartybkkbullyilledout700b@squ1@t reduxBarryHallsMrCrookedLetterblackjack2012purpngoldB_AMelanin_Enriched poindexter2Jabu_RuleblackblocTurfaholicConfidential PlayaReggie80nohiphop1rooster_cogburnStoneColdMikeyKeepOnPushing
  • TimeToPartyTimeToParty Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Guy worked a legit job and resigned to pursue his dream of a rap career.....much respect to him. Who cares if he's real or not, that era is over...and money will make you as powerful as you want to be.
    lmao that era is over....cmon son really?
    B_A
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. u think u Big Meech huh?
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Learn your history young one. Learn your history.

• trilladelictrilladelic Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats cold what happened to that writer..

my whole thing is why did he lied in the 1st place? who cares if u had a job?
    illedout5th Letter
  • king mochaking mocha Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least give the man some credit for having a perfect attendance. Many of my co-workers believe the work week starts on tuesday or end on thursday. And even if he did check yes to all the questions, he had to in order to get the job. Doesn't mean he would do any of it.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilarious but who gives a fuck...we already know nigga fake

pretty much
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »
    so we gon' act like this aint happen to the don diva dude
    who called himself trying to expose Ross..

The hip-hop journalist who exposed rapper Rick Ross as a former corrections officer in 2008 was shot and killed in Miami, Florida on Friday.

Don Diva Magazine writer Sam Ferguson's car was showered with bullets as he headed north on the Florida Turnpike freeway on Friday afternoon.

According to local reports, he crashed the vehicle into the highway median and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police have launched a major investigation to seek out his killer.

Ferguson, aka P-Man Sam, hit the headlines a year ago when he wrote a piece for Hip-Hop Weekly about old friend Ross, revealing the rapper once worked at a prison.

Ross initially denied the story, but he opened up to Ferguson, a former convict, for Don Diva's October 2008 issue, and came clean.

Afterwards, Ross was said to be unhappy with the article and began a nasty feud with the writer.

Ross recently stated, "Ferguson is a liar, he's an informant, he's a rat, he's a bitch... This shit (is) about to get deeper than rap."

Don Diva's Editor-in-Chief, Tiffany Chiles, admits she is "deeply saddened by this tragic and senseless incident".

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Journalist-who-exposed-Rick-Ross-killed-in-shooting/tabid/418/articleID/117138/Default.aspx#ixzz2EONCbpr4

An rest in piss pussy u an ya loves ones live from the street life
  • SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many more cards is there left to pull?

pick-a-card.jpg
  • illedoutilledout Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »
    so we gon' act like this aint happen to the don diva dude
    who called himself trying to expose Ross..

The hip-hop journalist who exposed rapper Rick Ross as a former corrections officer in 2008 was shot and killed in Miami, Florida on Friday.

Don Diva Magazine writer Sam Ferguson's car was showered with bullets as he headed north on the Florida Turnpike freeway on Friday afternoon.

According to local reports, he crashed the vehicle into the highway median and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police have launched a major investigation to seek out his killer.

Ferguson, aka P-Man Sam, hit the headlines a year ago when he wrote a piece for Hip-Hop Weekly about old friend Ross, revealing the rapper once worked at a prison.

Ross initially denied the story, but he opened up to Ferguson, a former convict, for Don Diva's October 2008 issue, and came clean.

Afterwards, Ross was said to be unhappy with the article and began a nasty feud with the writer.

Ross recently stated, "Ferguson is a liar, he's an informant, he's a rat, he's a bitch... This shit (is) about to get deeper than rap."

Don Diva's Editor-in-Chief, Tiffany Chiles, admits she is "deeply saddened by this tragic and senseless incident".

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Journalist-who-exposed-Rick-Ross-killed-in-shooting/tabid/418/articleID/117138/Default.aspx#ixzz2EONCbpr4

An rest in piss pussy u an ya loves ones live from the street life

Wait,

what??
    Black_Samson
  • hillarious as hell but it won't stop me from listening to Rich Forever
  • poindexter2poindexter2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see they still cast blasphemy against the lord of crab meats and dices pineapples
    Melanin_Enriched Bender RodriguezHyenaKillaStoneColdMikey
  • Jabu_RuleJabu_Rule Don't believe the hype Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Did y'all overlook the fact that he's canceling concerts do to threats? I thought those GD dudes were nothing serious as some were saying here. Seems they are a real threat and Ross can't get backup from his brothers in law enforcement.
  • b@squ1@t reduxb@squ1@t redux i can tell by your mustache youve never been involved in street activities iguana blood poseidon DNA slangin zeus dickPosts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (AllHipHop News) Miami rapper Rick Ross has come forward to clarify recent reports surrounding the cancellation of dates on his Maybach Music Tour.

The Maybach Music Tour, which kicked off on November 2, was originally scheduled to run until December 2.

Representatives from Rick Ross confirmed AllHipHop.com that the tour was supposed to continue until December 16.

But the outing was abruptly canceled by promoters in Greensboro and Charlotte North Carolina.

Reps for Rick Ross told AllHipHop.com that the first leg of the tour was completed successfully without incident, but due to the “apparent lack of organization and communication on the part of the tour promoter,” the remaining dates of the Maybach Music Tour have officially been canceled.

“I want to apologize to all of my fans who I missed performing for due to the cancellations and want to let them know that I will get back to their cities,” Rick Ross told AllHipHop.com. “I enjoyed my experience with my little bros Wale and Meek Mill and I’m ready to get back in the studio to make good music.”
    Trollio
  • blackblocblackbloc Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (AllHipHop News) Miami rapper Rick Ross has come forward to clarify recent reports surrounding the cancellation of dates on his Maybach Music Tour.

The Maybach Music Tour, which kicked off on November 2, was originally scheduled to run until December 2.

Representatives from Rick Ross confirmed AllHipHop.com that the tour was supposed to continue until December 16.

But the outing was abruptly canceled by promoters in Greensboro and Charlotte North Carolina.

Reps for Rick Ross told AllHipHop.com that the first leg of the tour was completed successfully without incident, but due to the “apparent lack of organization and communication on the part of the tour promoter,” the remaining dates of the Maybach Music Tour have officially been canceled.

“I want to apologize to all of my fans who I missed performing for due to the cancellations and want to let them know that I will get back to their cities,” Rick Ross told AllHipHop.com. “I enjoyed my experience with my little bros Wale and Meek Mill and I’m ready to get back in the studio to make good music.”

aka we sold no tickets and cancelled the shows
  • b@squ1@t reduxb@squ1@t redux i can tell by your mustache youve never been involved in street activities iguana blood poseidon DNA slangin zeus dickPosts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The timing of the cancellations would lead some to believe that the GD's might have Ross hesitant to be on the road at the present time. The GD's have released several videos from factions in Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, Colorado and Georgia warning promoters not to book Ross without checking with them first. The group is demanding Ross pay for disrespecting them by using their imprisoned leader Larry Hoover's name in the song "B.M.F. (Blowing Money Fast)."

They reportedly gave him a pass initially, but he gave them false contact information and backed out of an agreement to speak at some of their functions at schools and appear at events to help them further their "growth and development" movement.

Ross further angered the GD's by putting his face on their six point star on the cover of his Black Bar Mitzvah mixtape.
    Trollio gns
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic Funky like poopa scoop #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fuck William and his threads
    poindexter2gns
  • FuriousOne wrote: »
    Did y'all overlook the fact that he's canceling concerts do to threats? I thought those GD dudes were nothing serious as some were saying here. Seems they are a real threat and Ross can't get backup from his brothers in law enforcement.

I thought all the GD video shit was just a fad to be honest, but he canceled two shows thus far ... maybe it's bigger than what I thought it was.
  • KushingtonKushington Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

He aint that powerful, he cant even go to North Carolina.

• poindexter2poindexter2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FuriousOne wrote: »

he got back up but they couldnt make the NC trips

Miami-Swat-3.jpg
    313 wayzHyenaKillaStoneColdMikeyJabu_Rule
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right click- save image as.
  • tharealest561tharealest561 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The day Pac got murked Rick Ross received a certificate of appreciation for his work with law enforecement.

My, how shit has changed...
    Black_SamsonHyenaKillaStoneColdMikey
  • ImTheKangRoundHereImTheKangRoundHere Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people need to leave rick ross alone.how do people know he fake??people change and make that legal money.
    HyenaKillaawwwwwwwwwww5th Letterpoindexter2infamous114Turfaholic