Has the industry turned on Nicki Minaj? (ZERO GRAMMY NOMINATIONS).........

rapmastermindrapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media AnalystNew York CityPosts: 5,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in The Reason

Well it wasn't just Justin Bieber or One Direction fans upset with No Grammy Nominations. It seems someone was missing when the names came out for the nominations. That's right Nicki Minaj. Her 2nd LP "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" was the highest selling rap album of the year. Her single "Starships" was the highest selling rap single and even broke a Billboard Record for staying the Top 10 over 20 weeks. She was on an unbelieveable 25 total songs during the whole grammy cut off point. She sold over 1 Million copies worldwide and over 5 Million Downloads worldwide with her singles. Just this year she had her controversial Grammy performance and was nominated for 4 Awards.

So why did she get ZERO nominations? Her co-manager Cortez Bryan calls it "Bullshit" that Nicki got no nominations. So my question is has the industry finally turned on her? After he public beefs with Lil Kim, Mariah Carey and recently Steven Tyler. Many are wondering if Nicki burned to many bridges with her peers and the Grammy Board Took notice. Also few are saying that her turn to Pop was so hard that it turned off fans and the Grammy board. Recently Ebro from Hot 97 said Peter Rosenberg might be to blame as Nicki sales have stalled. So was her songs and album that bad? or did the Grammy Board check her Ego? Even 2 Chainz got a nomination. Nicki won't go completely empty handed. She did just win two more America Music Awards this year.

genocidecutterLUClENFyHunnitBuilt 4 cuban linxVulcanRavenLV_DonpurpngoldMrCrookedLetteridoitforhiphop10King Lee Max.Monizzle14KeepOnPushingJYo79iron man1shtoopidBlackAX410_Menace_alibabaMrSoutCitynohiphop1sapp08_2001--vincenzo--

• Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the Mitt Romney line ruined it for her *shrugs*

On the real though, there's gonna be a lot of complaints about this year's Grammys. Lana Del Rey and Santigold (who had the #1 and #2 albums of the year IMO) got jerked as well. But that Call Me Maybe chick got a bunch of them. And LMFAO of all people got nominated. Oh well.
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ouch, even I was hurt by that. I thought she at least got one for a feature. All that work for nothing. Stupid.
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityPosts: 5,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there is hope for hip-hop

Yes, Jay, Ye and NaS got the most nominations for a rapper. I still floored that "Daughters" got 2 nominations considering mainstream radio shitted on the song by not giving it the airplay it should of.

genocidecutterWild Selfilledout
  • poindexter2poindexter2 Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i heard birdman hired lac, stone and bow wow to look for the rest of her career in them bushes
    VulcanRavenMzKBiron man1
  • hueyhuey Posts: 10,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    forgot this bitch went to the grammys dressed like that, wtf was she thinking....she should have marinated in the game a little bit longer before she went full lady gaga
    5th Lettersapp08_2001
  • A$AP_A$TONA$AP_A$TON Aka Memphis Fleek Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe now she'll get the hint.
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic Funky like poopa scoop #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 12,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love hip hop

she had alterior motives
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Reading Mariah and Steve Tyler were members of the grammy board, LOL. I think you automatically get in once you win one:

It was all good just a year ago.

Great find, Also she dropped nothing to warrant a Grammy Nod she better go back to the drawing board and try to get the hood back on her side, it all starts there, white folks gone follow what the hood says is hot.
    5th Lettershtoopidsapp08_2001
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Supervillain AlaskaPosts: 31,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a damn diva...
  • almighty breezealmighty breeze Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She played her hand. and tried to cash out before winning
  • Iceberg SlickIceberg Slick Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    This what happens when you go from making dope Big tributes on mixtapes to making pop songs that sell to as many white bitches as possible. Those white bitches from bumfuck Alabama or Alaska gon move on to the next bitch and get tired of Nicki even quicker cuz they square asses hear the rest of the album and dont understand shit and they square ass uptight parents helping them move on to the next bitch. Nicki shoulda stay in her rap lane longer and make much less of the bullshit she been making for the past few years.
    Wild Selfaladdin1978Synch1216MrCrookedLetter