Does anyone else think that it is unfair that Jay-Z has 14 Grammys but Nas has None?

LV_DonLV_Don Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in The Reason
Even though many people argue over who is the better MC everybody agrees that they are both easily in the Legend bracket..

Jay-Z has more Grammys (14) than Nas has albums (13) and even though Jay has done better commercially, does anybody else think its unfair that over 20 years Nas has not won a Grammy award?

Classics or not Nas has albums and tracks that are easily Grammy worthy (remembering that Carter 3 won album of the year) and even though I prefer Jay's music, I think it's on some bullshit that Nas hasn't won one yet...

Before I let all you reply about it have a look at these pictures and then tell me what you think....

6311393319_92d61afa6c_z.jpg
lilwayne1.jpg
01slide3.jpg
ludacris%2Bgrammy.jpg

Thoughts?

StoneColdMikey

Replies

• No. Nas doesn't run the same race as JayZ. JayZ is in the Wayne, Drake, Eminem, Ludacris race. He makes music for the sake of making money and increasing his brand.

In comparison, Nas makes music for the sake of making good music. He stays true to the art form by choice, and he knows the results of making pro-black, grown people music. He knows he's not going to sell as much as the artist who rides the "what's hot now" wave, so you can't feel sorry for him when he doesn't get the level of commercial success that the guys who are trying to get commercial success get.

Put Nas in the KRS-One, Lupe, Mos Def, Black Thought, Wu-Tang category. Not the major label, attention seeking list.

end thread.
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey I am what the people need. MIKEYFORMOD CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you sound butt hurt. fuck a grammy
  • LV_DonLV_Don Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah man just curious...you'd think he would've won at least once by now after 20 years
  • LUClENLUClEN Sociologist and Logician OceaniaPosts: 17,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    It's not unfair. It's sad though.

Speaks volumes on this generation of hip hop fans when artistic music is valued less than the flavor of the week.
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey I am what the people need. MIKEYFORMOD CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LV_Don wrote: »

Nah man just curious...you'd think he would've won at least once by now after 20 years

its a lot of people that deserve it. i think it has to do with timing a lot too.
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be nice to see Nasty Nas win a Grammy since it's so revered and all.. but I don't take the Grammys serious at all..

Lollipop by Lil Wayne won a Grammy in 2009.. so no, I don't think it's unfair..
    LUClEN
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Another Jay-Z appreciation/underappreciated post...

tumblr_m4hs6bBLvu1r6aoq4o1_250.gif
    LUClENAlready Home_17
  • achewon87achewon87 Midnight Marauder SDF-1Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "True indeed, knamsayin', but when it's real you doin' this
    Even without a record contract, knamsayin'"
    goldenjafreshb651Pervisidoitforhiphop10
  • twentyfivelighterstwentyfivelighters Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LV_Don wrote: »

01slide3.jpg

Who is this? T-Pain? I'm glad I never listened to this clown's music.
    purpngold
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 28,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grammy's are a huge popularity contest.
  • LV_DonLV_Don Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not just be mad that Nas doesnt have a grammy. That fact has absolutely nothing to do with Jay-Z. Forcing a comparison where there isnt one

Just bringing up another great lyricist who has had over two decades in the game.....if DOA's contradicting ass can win a Grammy than any of Nas' tracks should
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think grammy's can be purchased just putting that out there .
    LUClENRichPorterOfTheIC
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I think grammy's can be purchased just putting that out there .

Well if niggas can buy Dipolmatic Immunity ....... I'm just saying
    ThatDudeFresh
  • UndergroundraplegendUndergroundraplegend Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Pac never won a grammy
    Big never won a grammy
    Rakim never won a grammy

Grammy's aren't really for real rappers - they're for pop artists
    That's why Eminem cleans up at the grammy's every year

this

and really does this shit matter.

we should make a thread that is

Why does Nas have a classic(s) album(s) and Jay Z has none ?

thats really what we really should be talking about beinga hip hop site.
    ohhhlaStoneColdMikeymiamivice305Davis eyebrowidoitforhiphop10FyHunnitsoul rattlerWill Munny
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Pac never won a grammy
    Big never won a grammy
    Rakim never won a grammy

Grammy's aren't really for real rappers - they're for pop artists
    That's why Eminem cleans up at the grammy's every year

this

and really does this shit matter.

we should make a thread that is

Why does Nas have a classic(s) album(s) and Jay Z has none ?

thats really what we really should be talking about beinga hip hop site.

Lol, Bullshit sighted.

NothingButTheTruthUndergroundraplegendStoneColdMikeySerious Juice Mayne