Wiz Khalifa is a Legend in The Making

yungflashyyungflashy Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in The Reason
wiz-khalifa-on221.jpg

ima do this cuz wiz gets mad hate on here, i'm a fan and there seems to be few wiz fans on here so im doin it for them, maybe i can open people's eyes, maybe you still won't like his music but maybe you will respect him a little more and i will put some people on to game. I'm gonna touch on a few key projects u should check out

alot of you niggas only know of him post "kush & orange juice" & "black & yellow"

he's 10 years in, with 11 mix and 3 albums

now lets take it back 10 years when the young boy wiz put out his first album 'show & prove' at the age of 16
he had a "edgier" sound, his flow and delivery was aggressive, he was hungry.. this is before he was screamin "taylor gang or die"

classic shit check this where it all started

His first mixtape: Prince of the city: Welcome to pistolvania he was spittin on here

Grow Season the fact that he rapped over the 3-6 mafia dope boy fresh beaT. if u listen to this tape wiz raps over a few beats that you wouldn't expect him to, and i think this is the first time where a song wiz entirely dedicated to his favorite drug of choice. (listen to the tape and find it yourself)

Prince of the City 2, i think this is where wiz found his lane and put it all together. He still had that "street edge" bout him on this but you can tell he was expanding his sound, he was harmonizing and singing on this tape

classic shyt man

if you listen to all these projects in full, from his first shyt to now, you will see the classic shyt he has done
PiffyHazegenocidecutterRichPorterOfTheICinfamous11432DaysOfInfinitiKid DynastyDMIcarnalesflows515VulcanRavenBetaFyHunnitbuttuh_bBawse D.LoxpurpngoldshtoopidGSonII

Replies

• yungflashyyungflashy Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    and even at such a young age, i think wiz is at that point in his career where his fans second guess him... even though he still drops good music, people will always compare it to his early shit and say "yeah this is good but it doesn't compare to his early shit"
    LUClEN
  • CirocObamaCirocObama Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Seems like yesterday ppl jumped on his dick when Kush & OJ dropped. I keep telling y'all popularity & hype plays a very very very very very very important part in what ppl like & listen to or vice versa, more-so nowadays than before.

I never felt him to be honest. I'm open minded so i tried giving Kush & OJ a spin when it dropped but it just wasn't for me. I liked maybe 1 or 2 songs ("Good Dank" was one of them).

But a legend in the making? You knew that was a reach when you made the thread nigga. Be honest. Dude ain't no legend & probably won't be. He is talented however what he's now famous for is what's gonna define him as an artist, career & brand down the line which isn't good for his case.
    The Recipegenocidecutter
  • LUClENLUClEN Sociologist and Logician Alcoholic's Anonymous MeetingPosts: 17,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't agree, i was never much of a fan.

Shad is way nicer than Wiz. If anyone is next in line for the 'legend in the making' title it's him.
    edited December 2012
    CirocObama wrote: »
    Seems like yesterday ppl jumped on his dick when Kush & OJ dropped. I keep telling y'all popularity & hype plays a very very very very very very important part in what ppl like & listen to or vice versa, more-so nowadays than before.

I never felt him to be honest. I'm open minded so i tried giving Kush & OJ a spin when it dropped but it just wasn't for me. I liked maybe 1 or 2 songs ("Good Dank" was one of them).

But a legend in the making? You knew that was a reach when you made the thread nigga. Be honest. Dude ain't no legend & probably won't be. He is talented however what he's now famous for is what's gonna define him as an artist, career & brand down the line which isn't good for his case.

that's where u see the real fans

why is it a reach, i didn't say he was top top 20 all time or THE GOAT, but the shyt he did.. the work he put in.. i'm talkin his whole career up till now his catalog is solid, and he's still young. plus i said "in the making"
    Bawse D.LoxKid Dynasty
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw, don't see it.
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic This dick aint freeeee #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 10,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope

Dude doesn't really seem to have a grip on his own career
    genocidecutterIceBergTaylor
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Nope

How so ?
    Naw, don't see it.
    If u go n listen u will see

But in time Y'all will see..
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell no! The Kotttonmouth Kings have been the same shit he has years before him and way better than he ever could.
    DMIcarnalesflows515IceBergTaylorshtoopid
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic This dick aint freeeee #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 10,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yungflashy wrote: »
    Nope

How so ?

Dude is still expiramenting. How many times has he switched styles? His K&OJ, Black & Yellow, On My Level sound is what got him poppin. Then we get that bullshit he got out with the weekend. His image changes every 2 weeks. Dude obviously is following orders of the pop gods.
  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 14,189 Regulator
    is what amber rose said when she looked at the royalty check from black and yellow, and soon proceeded to hatch a plan to make him the world's greatest simp.....
    Mister B.aladdin1978idoitforhiphop10#1hiphopjunki3
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Every bench player in the nba has a story like wiz has. My point is yes when you look at how far he comes that's cool but everyone has a story of how they got to the pros.....what did you do there?

How did you react to the fame what numbers did you put up each year and were they consistent? Do you have 1 post move or 3 diff ones? How do you react during the double team.

Wiz post fame has been a 1 trick pony of making the same pop single. Since hes got to the pros hes went against mezmorized by wifing up a stripper and being gah gah with that bald hoe. Hes soften up nad not gotten back to that mixtape flow(which was overated to begin with). He hasn't changed the game really same cliche talk. Hes letting the label call the shots instead of being the alpha male.
    Stiffyungflashy
    Nope

How so ?

Dude is still expiramenting. How many times has he switched styles? His K&OJ, Black & Yellow, On My Level sound is what got him poppin. Then we get that bullshit he got out with the weekend. His image changes every 2 weeks. Dude obviously is following orders of the pop gods.

Fam wiz makes a wide range of music if u haven't noticed that yet by now that can be both good and bad because he has to please all the fans that want...

"Kush and oj wiz" "mixtape wiz"
    "Cabin fever wiz" u see what in saying ? Wiz makes a wide range of Music

Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Every bench player in the nba has a story like wiz has. My point is yes when you look at how far he comes that's cool but everyone has a story of how they got to the pros.....what did you do there?

How did you react to the fame what numbers did you put up each year and were they consistent? Do you have 1 post move or 3 diff ones? How do you react during the double team.

Wiz post fame has been a 1 trick pony of making the same pop single. Since hes got to the pros hes went against mezmorized by wifing up a stripper and being gah gah with that bald hoe. Hes soften up nad not gotten back to that mixtape flow(which was overated to begin with). He hasn't changed the game really same cliche talk. Hes letting the label call the shots instead of being the alpha male.

I agree with what you're saying but wiz is not that kinda artist that just wants to be underground

He's going to do his mainstream shyt and he's gonna so his underground shyt that line is drawn clearly
  • RichPorterOfTheICRichPorterOfTheIC Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like wiz brand of music but I can't co sign this thread, he's become a niche artist
    El Payaso
  • thephantasmthephantasm Posts: 287 ✭✭✭
    Wiz's flow and demeanor remind me of a young Jay-Z.
    jonlakadeadmicyungflashyB_Aidoitforhiphop10ROZAYTABERNACLE
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khagina? A legend? Of what.....simpin and Savin hoes??
    yungflashyaladdin1978
  • BackInWhiteBackInWhite Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    no sir

says the guy with chief keef, fredo and lil reese in his sig and avi
    genocidecuttermiamivice305

@TruthWriter i didn't say he was a legend, i said he's a legend in the making
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A legend??

5a0ed88f_what.gif
    genocidecutterVader_F_KennedyTayJonemiamivice305
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 14,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant really cosign. He'll go down as this generation's Snoop, for whatever thats worth.

However, the only opinion in this thread that isnt worth steppin over dog shit for is Genoslides that jiggalo music bumpin nigga.

I'm out.
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TruthWriter i didn't say he was a legend, i said he's a legend in the making
    Then you as high as he raps to be. Legend in what....dude ain't made nothing worth listening to since that 'Black & Yellow' jawn, and that was about four years ago.

Legend in the making....Fuck....outta....everywhere.
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 14,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol most of these comments are more about his image than music. And Lol at Black N Yellow being 4 years ago, that shit was 4th quarter 2010
    yungflashy