The Men who built America

thefabmd2dcthefabmd2dc Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else watching this?
I normally don't watch documentary's but this is pretty GOAT in the way they present the way business was done in the industrial age.

Replies

• dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 50,397 Regulator
    I watched the Rockefeller one
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that shit before. Its not a documentary, its a TV show, subject to revisionist history. It is entertaining though.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this shit on the history channnel? i think i caught the tail end of one of them shits it was interesting. the how the states were made got me one day and watched like 10 of them shits i a row.
    VIBE
  • GoonerGooner Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this abt slaves or nah?
    BARON_$AMEDIalmighty breeze
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fraudulent ass show.
    BARON_$AMEDIAjackson17VIBEalmighty breeze
  • UnderMiSensiUnderMiSensi Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It had alot of gems in there on business principles, but they cut alot of parts out and it was waaaaaay to sensationalized trying to make them out to be pure heroes when they were more so complex individuals with ulterior motives especially the why they portrayed JP Morgan.

They also breezed past the fact that Henry Ford utilized Hemp and Soybean to create a plastic stronger than stell and how George Washington Carver contributed to that. So I enjoyed it for what it was I guess. You can learn much more about business from rich dad, poor dad(or other finance,business books), actually starting a business, or watching some free vids on business on youtube.
    SeansosaBlaqueHoney01
  • BARON_$AMEDIBARON_$AMEDI P - O - P PIMP SQUAD BABY!, HOLIT DOWN THE CROSSROADSPosts: 4,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amotekun wrote: »
    Fraudulent ass show.
    LOL NOT A SINGLE NIGGA WAS SHOWN ON THAT SHOW SMH!!! GOD DAMN CRACKAS. Every last one of them had a shit load of free labor(niggas). where you think they got all that money from in the first place. White people will never put nothing epic out showing their evil dark side. They always got to dress it up some kind of way if they do.

Seansosaalmighty breezeBlaqueHoney01
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How The States Got Their Shapes is possibly one of the greatest shows to come out in the past couple years.
    BlaqueHoney01
  • BlaqueHoney01BlaqueHoney01 Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    I DVR'd the series, but I knew they were going to sugarcoat everything. I know these men were much more ruthless than they are making them appear to be.
    VIBE wrote: »
    How The States Got Their Shapes is possibly one of the greatest shows to come out in the past couple years.

Yeah, I saw one episode of this and was hooked. I know there are things they left out about this though, too.

• almighty breezealmighty breeze Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i tweeted this to Donald Trump when he was promoting this show. so im glad to see im not the only one hip to this marketing spin

BlaqueHoney01
  • Black_ExcellenceBlack_Excellence Imma break 'em off real bad Posts: 25,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amotekun wrote: »
    Fraudulent ass show.
    LOL NOT A SINGLE NIGGA WAS SHOWN ON THAT SHOW SMH!!! GOD DAMN CRACKAS. Every last one of them had a shit load of free labor(niggas). where you think they got all that money from in the first place. White people will never put nothing epic out showing their evil dark side. They always got to dress it up some kind of way if they do.

^^ The definition of a powerful post.100%truth and some white people cant handle it.If you were to ask them the question as to it relates to threadstarters thread title and ask them "who built this country" theyll prolly throw out george washington ,james madison or some shit.....lol...theyre so lost in the minds its laughable because its actual grown caucasian people who truly believe that those old white men built this country.
    BlaqueHoney01
  • Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman #RapeCulture Posts: 19,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    I saw that shit before. Its not a documentary, its a TV show, subject to revisionist history. It is entertaining though.

The men who built this country didn't wear business suits...they wore chains.

So chain attire will fix Africa?