Second languages you know/ would like to pick up

Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Anybody thinking on taking up a second language? And I mean really dedicating yourself to the point of being a fluent conversationalist in the language.

I been wanting to pick up Japanese for so long. Im finally deciding I'm going for it as part of a new year resolution next year. As a kid I used to always admire that language. Its like one of the most gangsta sounding languages i heard. I'd like to pick up Hebrew also afterwards. Hebrew sound gangsta too. Yall?

Replies

• _Goldie__Goldie_ Quill Season Has Begun Posts: 16,195 Regulator
    In the reason tho my nigga?
    Rock_WellCoolJoeLincoln
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm learning Yoruba right na...Later on I wanna pick up Chinese...And pick back up on French and German...Cause I dropped those in school to focus on Spanish...
    Rock_Well[Deleted User]
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bad, meant to post this in G&S. Mod to move plz?
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can move it yourself...Just go to edit...
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance I was once in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, IL LA, CAPosts: 31,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I speak French, English,Zulu and undertand Spanish.....im a work on Mandarin and Arabic soon
    Rock_WellLady_ZeeAmotekun
  • Young GunnerYoung Gunner Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to speak german but not fluently. I can speak some Patois
  • bkkbullybkkbully Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i speak thai fluently...want to learn Arabic or Mandarin next
  • B_AB_A made her cum till she passed out Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i speak french fluently, but im about to pick up spanish.
    Lady_Zee
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven?DoUwant2go2Heaven? Lover of Jesus Christ and a Minister of reconcilation! Do you know Him? 2 Babylon the GreatPosts: 7,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rock Well wrote: »
    Anybody thinking on taking up a second language? And I mean really dedicating yourself to the point of being a fluent conversationalist in the language.

I been wanting to pick up Japanese for so long. Im finally deciding I'm going for it as part of a new year resolution next year. As a kid I used to always admire that language. Its like one of the most gangsta sounding languages i heard. I'd like to pick up Hebrew also afterwards. Hebrew sound gangsta too. Yall?

I'm learning Hebrew right now. It's challenging to say the least. But im enjoying it. In seminary you have to take Hebrew and/or Greek. I still haven't decided if I want to learn Greek. It'll depend on how well I pick up Hebrew.
    Rock_Well
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm learning Hebrew right now. It's challenging to say the least. But im enjoying it. In seminary you have to take Hebrew and/or Greek. I still haven't decided if I want to learn Greek. It'll depend on how well I pick up Hebrew.

Good stuff bruh

How long its been since you started intently studying it?
  • I'm taking spanish in the spring. I already kinda know some from street spanish and from french since they're similar languages.
    --vincenzo--LUClENDirty Sanchez
  • MrLunatik1979MrLunatik1979 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to learn Spanish and Portuguese
  • PiffyHazePiffyHaze http://quminattiiworld.tumblr.com Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    French & Japanese
  • LincolnLincoln Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The language I speak on a day to day basis is a combination of ebonics and spanglish.

I'd like to learn Russian, Japanese, and Arabic.
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 20,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spanish, anything else would be pointless.
  • hueyhuey Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    cosign japanese
    southsil4lil
  • BetaBeta "No One Man Above The Clique" Posts: 25,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabbled in japanese through an app and in school until I dropped the class. Shit takes dedication
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 24,920 Regulator
    Know: French

Want to Pick up ? Spanish (it's very similar to French) and Mandarin. I used to be able to speak Cantonese but nowadays my pronunciation is way off SMMFH plus it seems more North American born asians are more akin to Mandarin than Cantonese.
    unspoken_respect
  • Young StefYoung Stef Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spanish

French

Swahili
  • I seriously considered learning Spanish then I was like f that. I'm not learning another language in my country just cause some other niggas that's probably illegal anyway think we should cater to them with that no hablo ingles shit
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to learn Spanish.
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i tried to learn swahili in college, got kicked out before i could actually learn it tho

im from florida so i speak a lil spanish, not enough to have a full blown conversation, but enough for emergencies
    Dirty Sanchez
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 19,509 Regulator
    Spanish I learned while I learned English...still remember some Albanian from a friend in college who taught me...Portuguese I want to learn because it's close to spanish and I want to go to Brasil. Would love to learn Italian, any African dialect that I can find somebody to teach me don't really matter the country/ethnic group. I just like knowing different languages
  • VIBEVIBE Aww! It's a new day, yes, it is! Posts: 42,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fluent in ASL, American Sign Language.

I would like to re-learn Spanish, would like to learn Japanese as well.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven?DoUwant2go2Heaven? Lover of Jesus Christ and a Minister of reconcilation! Do you know Him? 2 Babylon the GreatPosts: 7,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff bruh

How long its been since you started intently studying it?

I started in September when the quarter began. I'll be taking Hebrew until December 2013, Lord willing.