What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Second languages you know/ would like to pick up

Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Anybody thinking on taking up a second language? And I mean really dedicating yourself to the point of being a fluent conversationalist in the language.

I been wanting to pick up Japanese for so long. Im finally deciding I'm going for it as part of a new year resolution next year. As a kid I used to always admire that language. Its like one of the most gangsta sounding languages i heard. I'd like to pick up Hebrew also afterwards. Hebrew sound gangsta too. Yall?

Replies

• _Goldie__Goldie_ ablackweb.com Posts: 30,326 Regulator
    In the reason tho my nigga?
    CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE/FORUM

FORUM: http://ablackweb.com/forum/index.php

Rock_WellCoolJoeLincoln
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm learning Yoruba right na...Later on I wanna pick up Chinese...And pick back up on French and German...Cause I dropped those in school to focus on Spanish...
    Peep my latest project...Practice Makes Profit 2...Free Stream/Download...

http://johnwade.bandcamp.com/
    Rock_Well[Deleted User]
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bad, meant to post this in G&S. Mod to move plz?
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can move it yourself...Just go to edit...
    Peep my latest project...Practice Makes Profit 2...Free Stream/Download...

http://johnwade.bandcamp.com/
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 48,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I speak French, English,Zulu and undertand Spanish.....im a work on Mandarin and Arabic soon
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

Rock_WellLady_ZeeAmotekun
  • Young GunnerYoung Gunner Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to speak german but not fluently. I can speak some Patois
  • bkkbullybkkbully around the wayPosts: 2,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i speak thai fluently...want to learn Arabic or Mandarin next
  • B_AB_A made her cum till she passed out Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i speak french fluently, but im about to pick up spanish.
    dodge-charger-hellcat-white.jpg

Lady_Zee
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven Lover of Jesus Christ and a Minister of reconcilation! Do you know Him? September 23, 2017 Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rock Well wrote: »
    Anybody thinking on taking up a second language? And I mean really dedicating yourself to the point of being a fluent conversationalist in the language.

I been wanting to pick up Japanese for so long. Im finally deciding I'm going for it as part of a new year resolution next year. As a kid I used to always admire that language. Its like one of the most gangsta sounding languages i heard. I'd like to pick up Hebrew also afterwards. Hebrew sound gangsta too. Yall?

I'm learning Hebrew right now. It's challenging to say the least. But im enjoying it. In seminary you have to take Hebrew and/or Greek. I still haven't decided if I want to learn Greek. It'll depend on how well I pick up Hebrew.
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Go to Jerusalem! 5777

Amen.
    Rock_Well
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm learning Hebrew right now. It's challenging to say the least. But im enjoying it. In seminary you have to take Hebrew and/or Greek. I still haven't decided if I want to learn Greek. It'll depend on how well I pick up Hebrew.

Good stuff bruh

How long its been since you started intently studying it?
  • I'm taking spanish in the spring. I already kinda know some from street spanish and from french since they're similar languages.
    tumblr_mdih7tBEM61qcqqpjo8_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_m6b39xOAiP1rzn2fpo1_500.gif
    --vincenzo--LUClENDirty Sanchez
  • MrLunatik1979MrLunatik1979 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to learn Spanish and Portuguese
    ohCanada.jpg
  • LincolnLincoln Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The language I speak on a day to day basis is a combination of ebonics and spanglish.

I'd like to learn Russian, Japanese, and Arabic.

• Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spanish, anything else would be pointless.
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
  • hueyhuey Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    cosign japanese
    d[-_-]b

Enoch VI-VII
    southsil4lil
  • BetaBeta NH Posts: 61,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabbled in japanese through an app and in school until I dropped the class. Shit takes dedication
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

• SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 43,768 Regulator
    Know: French

Want to Pick up ? Spanish (it's very similar to French) and Mandarin. I used to be able to speak Cantonese but nowadays my pronunciation is way off SMMFH plus it seems more North American born asians are more akin to Mandarin than Cantonese.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    unspoken_respect
  • Young StefYoung Stef Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spanish

French

Swahili
    It ain't where u at It's where u headed.-ColeDaGawd
  • I seriously considered learning Spanish then I was like f that. I'm not learning another language in my country just cause some other niggas that's probably illegal anyway think we should cater to them with that no hablo ingles shit
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to learn Spanish.
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i tried to learn swahili in college, got kicked out before i could actually learn it tho

im from florida so i speak a lil spanish, not enough to have a full blown conversation, but enough for emergencies
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
    Dirty Sanchez
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 26,248 Regulator
    Spanish I learned while I learned English...still remember some Albanian from a friend in college who taught me...Portuguese I want to learn because it's close to spanish and I want to go to Brasil. Would love to learn Italian, any African dialect that I can find somebody to teach me don't really matter the country/ethnic group. I just like knowing different languages
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 52,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fluent in ASL, American Sign Language.

I would like to re-learn Spanish, would like to learn Japanese as well.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven Lover of Jesus Christ and a Minister of reconcilation! Do you know Him? September 23, 2017 Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff bruh

How long its been since you started intently studying it?

I started in September when the quarter began. I'll be taking Hebrew until December 2013, Lord willing.

It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Go to Jerusalem! 5777

Amen.