Did you ever tell your kids what happened with you and your ex or did your parents ever tell you....

2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threatwalking out the lions denPosts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

what caused the break up and why all the hard feelings?

I ask because long story short...my son came to me to ask what happened to me and his mom. He happened to ask her first this weekend and was kinda heated at what she told him so he wanted to know my side...

I was as honest as I could be and tried to be totally transparent and told him my side and let him know it was just myside...I then told him to take what we both said and process it and know its two sides to every story and then its the truth. after that I took him to the court house and we got the records of all the police reports and times i went back and futher to court for visitation and then custody.

Afterwards I had to explain to him to not hate his mother because she only loves how she knows how. That doesnt make it right or wrong but we all make mistakes. even though she tried to throw me under the bus, it was hard as hell to take the high road and even right now i still want to take a few shots and say some shit...but i know i cant becuz i am trying to teach him to always respect both his parents....

but I must say it was one of the hardest days of my life as a parent. One of those days I knew would come. I thought it would be a piece of cake but it wasn't, not at all.

have any of you ever told your child/children the truth about what happened to mommy and daddy? how did it go?

or did your parents ever tell you an your siblings the truth about what happened? How'd that go?

did you even care enough ta ask?

Man, a nigga need a drink right now and i have to be honest...i wanna ocho the bitch now...lol
gnsJusDre313Lou_Cypher

Replies

• A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mom tried to tell me bout this nigga she used to date in high school...Cause my aunts and cousins would always joke with her when they got around eachother and shoot the shit....I was like "Ion wanna know that, mama"...
  • KatKat Posts: 35,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How old is your son @pralims?

I'm not looking forward to the conversation to be honest, but I know it will come eventually. Haven't really thought about what to tell her about her daddy though.

My parents sat us down after school the day they separated and told us all at once. Other truths came out over the years from both sides and from that we formed our own opinions once we were grown enough to fully grasp what really went down.
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mzgrahambitches

hes 15. i know my daughter is next to ask.
    i know what you mean about not looking forward to it....i never thought i would have to take it to court but he has a right to know the truth.

can anybody recommend a strong drink?
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My parents divorced when I was 6. I've never really asked what caused it even though I can pretty much guess. My mom never painted my dad in a negative light to me or my older brother after they split. They maintained a civil relationship for our sake & we got to spend plenty of time w/ him during summer vacay & holidays. All he owed to me was to be a good father so I never really got into why they divorced.
  • gnsgns Posts: 13,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never asked.
    From subtle hints and my handling of females it would seem it's pops fault but cat said he never cheated so idk and idc.
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My father is a real nigga, he'd talk about bitches he fucked with back in the day and how/if they were better than my mom.

My mom won't admit to her past smutting though.
    BookwormSupreme_Gentleman
  • gnsgns Posts: 13,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady_Zee wrote: »
    My parents split in a dramatic fashion when I was about 14, an have despised even the mention of eachother since, so I always knew.,

Knew what?
  • NIKE...NIKE... Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont have kids but if i did i would keep them informed of the truth or at least my version of it..aint a big deal..my business is my business and if it's something i feel they should know, i will tell them..especially if there is an issue that's causing some type of rift..can't have that shit b
  • unRealLady1unRealLady1 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have hard feelings, the one who have hard feelings listen to blabber mouths and rumors, causing a over reaction of light situation. It's not even like it look. I never was into fucking a whole lot of niggas. Every male figure Iam around is not someone I jumped the sack with. & sometimes niggas use me as a illustration when they rhyme but that don't mean I hit the sack with them. I back away from people when they jump to conclusions and do not see me in the right light. I start to think they trying to drive me crazy. If I keep saying the truth and someone keep saying I'm lying I won't talk to that person anymore. I dont believe in corupting your seed with crazy stories about why a relationship didnt work, I just deal with reality and try to break the concept to my seed that the reality is the only way you can deal with the truth. So therefore it is what it is, and it's no-one fault.
    Gold_Certificate
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I know I'll be in the same situation soon. I know my oldest ask her some heart breaking questions as her mom has told me. The main reason is they see the difference in their skin color to their moms. Even though their biracial they look every thing like my side of the family. With that said if I decide to tell my side of the story unedited their going to straight have madd proof from me of how crazy my life has been trying to get them back.
  • JokerKingJokerKing She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 24,439 Regulator
    My daughter is 5. She knows her mother and I do not get along.
  • JokerKingJokerKing She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 24,439 Regulator
    I think my dad is afraid of my mom since she stabbed him 12 times in the torso before they got divorced
  • WishboneJonesWishboneJones Infinity- 0 Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk to them like real nigga lil kids
    Gold_Certificate700
  • 700700 I want money to rain on me, cause aint no pain on me, Im a hotboy so all you see is flames on me! Plap City, FLAPosts: 9,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my parents were never together, my dad cheated on my sister mom with my momma

so me and my sister was born three months apart

my kids too young right now
    Explain sister mom
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "sister's mom"
    gns
    See what happens when you forget apostrophe s?
    gns
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 26,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened when i went on vacation recently actually. Mom told me what i already assumed. All my memories i have of my biological dad, was him sleeping on the couch really. Mom said they were together until I was around 3, we moved to alaska, she got into a fight with my grandpa and moved us back to oregon, we were couch surfing for a few months. She got an apartment and found my dad who had been involved in drugs since before we left. They never got back together but he was sleeping on our couch. He ended up stealing her cards and maxed em out when she didnt have no dough, made us bankrupt. Went back to couch surfing for a long time, moved everywhere on the west coast when i was 5 and 6. She got fed up with never having a for sure place to stay and we moved back to Alaska. She saved up enough money and we were about a month away from moving back to Portland, then she met my step dad. Then ive lived here since.
  • 700700 I want money to rain on me, cause aint no pain on me, Im a hotboy so all you see is flames on me! Plap City, FLAPosts: 9,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont give a goddamn bout apostrophes
    Gold_Certificate
    Plap Star wrote: »
    I don't give a goddamn about apostrophes.

Fixed
    Lou_Cypher
    Yep. Mom was in the midst of divorcing her ex husband, she fell in love with my dad while he was on a work visa in the states. He stayed around until I was one, and then he dipped when his visa expired. Said he was going to work and when she came home all of his shit was gone. Never came back, haven't heard from him in 24 years. No hard feelings, she just couldn't find him. She married my stepdad when I was three and he's the only dad I know.

Your dad is a wetback?
    gns
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn......all i hear is the dads fukkin up....nobody mom fukk up?
  • DarcSkiesDarcSkies I Just Post So I Dont Get Fined Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... long story short..

Why U Lie?