Top Twenty Documentaries Black People Should See

AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
1. African History v/s Biblical Myth- One of Ashra Kwesi's best presentations. He leaves you with overwhelming evidence and documentation to back it up. In this fascinating lecture/documentary, Kwesi leaves no stone unturned and removes any doubt about the origin of Christianity.

a.) The Naked Truth- A lot of "African-Americans" won't believe anything unless its coming from a white man. So, let them tell you what a lot of white folks have known for centuries

b.)Zeitgeist- Documentary in three parts uncovering unbelievable lies and propaganda about religion, politics and power; a must see!

2. Maafa 21: 21st Century Genocide- You're going to be shocked to find out what the number one killer of black folks in America is. You'll also be shocked to find out who's behind it all.

a.) John Hopkins Hospital; a history of genocide against blacks- Two dynamic young brothers step forward and present miles of evidence documenting the atrocities committed and hidden by John Hopkins hospital and University. It could literally save your life!

3. Black Inventors and their Patents- Its not just hearsay they actually owned the patents. Once you see and hear their stories it will become clear why your teacher had to lie to you.

4. The Black Wall Street- This documentary reveals another one of white Americas closely guarded secrets; the malicious bombing and meticulous cover up of an all black economic empire in Tulsa Oklahoma

5. Goodbye Uncle Tom-This unbelievable docu-drama was banned in America since 1973. If you think violence erupted when Roots and Mississippi Burning came out, Imagine what would have happened if Black folks had seen this. The French directors used the actual diaries,captains logs, articles and books of that era to bring your slave masters back to life. Unbelievable!

a.) 500 Years Later- A well guided and directed documentary on the 500 years since the European kidnappings and enslavement. Also covers myths, lies and propaganda and extends a road map for the future. A great inspirational documentary for us all.
YoungGoldieFigoa.mannceothachosen1kzzlJDSTAYWITIT.DMTxTHCKingJamalCainTheIraqSionbigev240[Deleted User]Meta_ConsciouswaterproofYoung StefJYo79RawAceblacktuxtraestaridoitforhiphop10Ajackson17Judah BackValentinez A. KaiserJudge_Judahmarc123northside7BARON_$AMEDI1of1

Replies

• Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance I got that Mozambique Ha Ha! ZionPosts: 24,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Spook who Sat by the door is on youtube. I got it on VHS from way back....i have seen most of these joints though
    traestar
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isis Paper was my shit.

Ooops, I wasn't supposed to say that.
    traestar
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive see a few of these....

A lot of them I believe are available on Youtube.

I'll look to purchase them eventually to support the cause...
    but I will show the for free to other Black folks because the info
    is important.
  • 1800skypager1800skypager Posts: 578 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Good drop

Just watched Powernomics yesterday; very informative.

You should peep Dr. Ishakamusa Barashango's lecture on the origins of European holidays if you haven't already.

traestarAjackson17Valentinez A. Kaiser
  • Cocoa_ButterCocoa_Butter Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a few of these. Didn't expect Zeitgeist to be on the list, but it's still a very interesting documentary nonetheless and I'm glad folks on here know about it.
    Lady_Zee
  • G MackG Mack Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hoop dreams needs to be on there
    but ima def peep a couple of those on the list
    313 wayz
    Good drop

Just watched Powernomics yesterday; very informative.

You should peep Dr. Ishakamusa Barashango's lecture on the origins of European holidays if you haven't already.

I am reading Powernomics right now. It is very informative to say the least.
  • notmenotme Posts: 233
    What Black Men Think...

directed by Janks Horton
    Features Alvin F. Poussaint Shelby Steele John McWhorter and others
    Everyone should see Classified X with Melvin Van Peebles

It's about racism in hollywood and the portrayal of blacks in cinema since the start of film making

I peeped this a couple years ago. Rented it from netflix.

Really all these docs should be shown to students in predominantly
    Black schools. I got a chance to show one documentary a couple years ago....it was
    on the School desegregation movement.

Any Lecture by Dr. Claude Anderson (Powernomics) should be heavily watched.

I'm going to post one later on tonight or tomorrow. Perhaps tomorrow, I made about 5 threads already
    today.
  • WishboneJonesWishboneJones Infinity- 0 Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will check out
  • Well Got DamWell Got Dam Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread should be a sticky
    DMTxTHCValentinez A. Kaiser
    Nah that will give me too much power. Too much visibility. We'll see though.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen MAAFA 21 = anti-abortion propaganda documentary.

Take that shit out and replace it with Framing An Execution. A documentary on Mumia Abu Jamal and how he got railroaded. Broken on All Sides is a new documentary of the prison complex and its effect on Black life.
    JDSTAYWITIT.[Deleted User]
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Def gonna check some of these out later.. props to whoever stickied this btw..
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    b.)Zeitgeist- Documentary in three parts uncovering unbelievable lies and propaganda about religion, politics and power; a must see!

5. Goodbye Uncle Tom-This unbelievable docu-drama was banned in America since 1973. If you think violence erupted when Roots and Mississippi Burning came out, Imagine what would have happened if Black folks had seen this. The French directors used the actual diaries,captains logs, articles and books of that era to bring your slave masters back to life. Unbelievable!

foreshure .... infact all three of the Zeitgeist docu's are pretty good ... but both of these are muuuuuuuuust see's ... that goodbye uncle tom is some ill ass shit bruh .... fucked me up watching all of that ...

i'd like to add...

1. Hidden Colors: The Untold History Of People Of Aboriginal, Moor, and African Descent
    2. Hidden Colors 2: The Triumph of Melanin
    3. The Black Power Mixtape
    4. The Flaw - A look at the recession and financial collapse of 2008
    5. Ethos - Simular To Zeitgeist.... Very Dope

Yeah that film is dope.
    Lady_Zee
    Def gonna check some of these out later.. props to whoever stickied this btw..

@Black_Samson
  • TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread.......
    Lady_Zee
  • 1800skypager1800skypager Posts: 578 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012