Warriors Legimate threat to make Playoffs ???

ShadyWorldOrderShadyWorldOrder Posts: 710
edited December 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
The Warriors are 15-7 2nd is the Pacific behind the Clippers, having won five in a row on the road their last road win coming against the defending champs Miami Heat. David Lee and Stephen Curry both are playing like all-stars. The Warriors are averaging 99.7 points per game on offense b4 last night game. Good for 11th best in the NBA. And that’s with two rookies in the starting lineup (Ezeli,Barnes). A big reason for the Warriors' strong performance is the health of Stephen Curry. Lee is performing at the level that management thought he was capable of when they acquired him from the Knicks, and has shed the label as a “player who puts up numbers on bad teams” for now say the least. Warriors been playing great without Andrew Bogut if he comes back healthy Warriors might be the 2nd best team in CA if they arent now. Big ups to Mark Jackson who was getting criticized all last year...........Big ups 2 Warriors management b/c I thought they were done after they traded Monta Ellis but they seem to get better.....Once they got rid of the chucker last year the team seems to have gotten better this year. Does anybody believe Warriors are playoff team ?

Stephen Curry 19.5 ppg 6.5apg 4.5 rpg .431 3P%
Klay Thompson 16.5 ppg 4.2 rpg 2.5 apg
David Lee 19.0 ppg 11.3 rpg 3.5 apg

Draymond Green GW shot vs Heat

Replies

• Jdilla26Jdilla26 Posts: 2,244
    ^^naw I disagree these dudes been balling thank god for league pass been able to watch them that combo of Lee/Landry has been nice. I say they have a chance without Bogut to make it. It's hard to put ur faith in Bogut when he stays injured if they get him back its a plus. The dubs got great ball movement David Lee is putting in work Jarret Jack has been good as a backup. Harrison Barnes Ezeli and Draymond Green is turning into a nice draft class. Warriors playing really good the 1st qtr of the season
  • ShadyWorldOrderShadyWorldOrder Posts: 710
    edited December 2012
    their one ankle roll away from being a non factor . Too much of their team is depended on one guy not being injuried

It aint just Curry balling David Lee is playing great and Jarret Jack is more than capable of handling the team for short term if Curry goes down this squad is nice and soon they gonna put everybody on notice. Curry has played like in All-Star....... injuries happen....its nothing u can do about that

Golden St. Warriors ✔@warriors
    With another 20/10 effort last night, @StephenCurry30 is 1st Warrior to post 20points/10assists in 4 straight gms since Tim Hardaway in 1992
  • If Curry's ankles hold up, they're a playoff team.
  • Honestly who are there better than not okc,spurs,grizzles,clippers so what the fuck are the really bout to do in the playoffs expect being a first round exit prisoner of the moment ass niggas
  • blu197blu197 Posts: 3,602
    Bay Area stand up we outchea finally got a team we can rep, Harrison Barnes is the future
  • Honestly who are there better than not okc,spurs,grizzles,clippers so what the fuck are the really bout to do in the playoffs expect being a first round exit prisoner of the moment ass niggas

The fact they make it to the playoffs is a accomplishment the rest will take care of itself.....where they were last year compared to now with Mark Jackson as their coach. Aint nobody prisoner of the moment I never said they would win a championship just said I think they have legit shot @ the playoffs nothing else. Its a upcoming team damn what u taking it personal.......... panties all in a bunch
  • blu197blu197 Posts: 3,602
    CM PUSHER wrote: »
    blu197 wrote: »
    Bay Area stand up we outchea finally got a team we can rep, Harrison Barnes is the future

Naw nigga, don't try to jump ship now, you jumped on the Lakers bandwagon, you stay there

I'm not jumping ship ill always support the warriors by default b/c that's my home team, just like i want steelers to win the SB every year but ill always want SF and Oak to do well
  • Mr.ForteMr.Forte Posts: 2,698
    The Warriors have great chemistry and there confidence is to the max right now. We have a great future with the young talent we have and the new arena being built. Keep this squad together. I'm happy for Mark Jackson
  • coop9889coop9889 Posts: 5,322
    edited December 2012
    We are not even at the all star break yet.

In comparison, we are at week 5 if this was nfl season. Cardinals were 4-1. Eagles were 3-2. They are 4-9 now. Lets slow down here.
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 8,042
    blu197 wrote: »

& watch them fuck it all up by doing something stupid like they always do (they're a good story though)
  • ShadyWorldOrderShadyWorldOrder Posts: 710
    edited December 2012
    coop9889 wrote: »
    We are not even at the all star break yet.

In comparison, we are at week 5 if this was nfl season. Cardinals were 4-1. Eagles were 3-2. They are 4-9 now. Lets slow down here.

^^^who says you have to wait and see Im callin it right now its no camparison to NFL either that wasnt a good analogy but anyway.........Compared from what the Warriors were doing last year compared to what they doing now is impressive. I know its early in the season but their 2nd in the divsion 1 game behind the Clipps already played 1/4 of the season I think this team has a good chance @ a lower seed. Mark Jackson is doing a good job so far
  • Jdilla26Jdilla26 Posts: 2,244
    Honestly who are there better than not okc,spurs,grizzles,clippers so what the fuck are the really bout to do in the playoffs expect being a first round exit prisoner of the moment ass niggas

its early in the season but they're 11-3 vs over .500 teams already
    It was a good analogy. Niggas were prisoners of the moment early in the nfl season praising the cardinals and look at em now. That's why you do have to wait and see.

The point is, in ANy sport, not all teams who get off to a good start keep it up, and a good regular season doesn't guarantee a good playoff run.

When have the warriors ever been a viable contender? Never. They haven't really changed either. Depending on the seeding I highly doubt they'll make it past the first round.

And there's a difference being making the playoffs and being a "playoff threat". Half the NBA gets into the playoffs. Doesn't mean the lower seeds are threats to the top tier teams.
  • coop9889 wrote: »
    It was a good analogy. Niggas were prisoners of the moment early in the nfl season praising the cardinals and look at em now. That's why you do have to wait and see.

The point is, in ANy sport, not all teams who get off to a good start keep it up, and a good regular season doesn't guarantee a good playoff run.

When have the warriors ever been a viable contender? Never. They haven't really changed either. Depending on the seeding I highly doubt they'll make it past the first round.

And there's a difference being making the playoffs and being a "playoff threat". Half the NBA gets into the playoffs. Doesn't mean the lower seeds are threats to the top tier teams.

I never once said they would be contenders I asked would they be legimate threats to make the playoffs that was the question I had. U dont have to change to be a better team all u have be is HEALTHY. And they are doing this without Andrew Bogut. Nobody prision of the moment just bringing up a discussion Looking @ this team they have a chance @ the PO's nothing more they pretty good to watch. Stephen Curry is ballin and David is damn near 20 and 10 nobody including me even thought they would be this good.
  • S2JS2J Posts: 11,467
    Nggas kill me w/ the 'we got a young nucleus we the future' shyt. The league is full of young talent. Sure the Warriors can make the playoffs. Ok, then what.

The ugly truth is the way the league is now, if you dont have a true star, you beter have at least 3-4 all stars (Memphis), and even then, it probly wont be enough come playoffs. GS is a nice lil story but not a threat long term
  • s2jepeka wrote: »
    Nggas kill me w/ the 'we got a young nucleus we the future' shyt. The league is full of young talent. Sure the Warriors can make the playoffs. Ok, then what.

The ugly truth is the way the league is now, if you dont have a true star, you beter have at least 3-4 all stars (Memphis), and even then, it probly wont be enough come playoffs. GS is a nice lil story but not a threat long term

1st they gotta make the playoffs nobody saying championship.......Stephen Curry is balling It seems like he is turning into a all-star 1st time anybody has got the chance to see him shine without Ellis jacking up all the shots. only question Im asking are they a playoff team. Once Bogut comes back I think Warriors are gonna surprise some teams
  • S2JS2J Posts: 11,467
    s2jepeka wrote: »

1st they gotta make the playoffs nobody saying championship.......Stephen Curry is balling It seems like he is turning into a all-star 1st time anybody has got the chance to see him shine without Ellis jacking up all the shots. only question Im asking are they a playoff team. Once Bogut comes back I think Warriors are gonna surprise some teams

Oh my bad i took the title to mean are they a threat once IN the playoffs.
  • s2jepeka wrote: »

my fault kinda out of context LMAO I'll have to change that
    edited December 2012

Same... playoff threat usually means threat to other teams once IN playoffs.

Not threat to GET IN playoffs smh lol
  • coop9889 wrote: »

Same... playoff threat usually means threat to other teams once IN playoffs.

Not threat to GET IN playoffs smh lol

exactly and they not built to do anything of note