What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Ma$e Leaves Bad Boy, Explains Why G-Unit Deal Was Blocked By Diddy

choppa_stylechoppa_style Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in The Reason
Ma$e is finally off Bad Boy and says "you gon' cut your arm off to get free" from Diddy's label.

Many may believe that Diddy and Ma$e ended their ties long ago but, as Ma$e explained, he was just recently allowed to walk away from Bad Boy after 16 years. Ma$e also made it known that he will likely not sign with another label soon, likening this ordeal to a break up in a relationship.

“I’ve been in that contract for 16 years," he explained. "Yeah, the other day he let me out of it, so big shout-outs to Diddy. I guess he woke up feeling good and he wanted to do something good.”

Ma$e also expressed his hesitation to rejoin a major label.

“At this point, I don’t really want to be under nobody from the aspect of being tied in a long, long contract,” he added. “It’s kinda like breaking up; you don’t want to jump into a new relationship.”

Ma$e went on to acknowledge positive things about Diddy, even saying he'd "want to go to war with Puff." However, he also said Diddy blocked his move to G-Unit years ago because he wanted too much money.

"You know how Puff is," Ma$e explained. "I love him but you gon' cut your arm off to get free."

posted December 13, 2012 at 9:50AM EST

This was posted today at HipHopDX. You can see the video in the link.

What do you'all think? Puff a ho for blocking the return of Murda' Ma$e on G-Unit? Or did he do the world a favor?

Replies