New found respect for Rob Parker

aneed123aneed123 Posts: 14,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
yall watch first take today? He was talking about RG3 separating himself from the black qb label and how disgusted he was with Tiger Woods when he said he wasn't black.... Dude was unfiltered today while Stephen A tried to sugarcoat... good shit
silverfoxxtoheeb27Stewdarknight

Replies

• S2JS2J Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall nggas is clowns, b. Yall respect the Skip Baylesses and Rob Parkers of the world

I swear I dont recognize yall
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 14,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im saying I respect him not sugarcoating his feelings when it came to the topic... Im not saying he was right but the stuff he said a lot of folk feel but dont say. It woulda been a great discussion but Stephen AA deflected and tried to turn it off.
    ^^^ So u fell for the old trick A-gain LOL

Pretty much sound like you sayin 'that ngga was loud and sounded REAL confident in what he sayin, so ima just roll wit it

It's ESPN commentator 101 for this era.
    Rubato GarciaGhostdenithegawd
    naw didnt fall for anything. I like when a reporter has that forum and doesnt sugar coat....
  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not mad at what he said. Honesty on air is good. And I think he was kinda sayin it came across like RG III is kinda bringin it up on his own. Like it's not that he's being asked about the comparisons and answerin, but I guess he's the one bringing up the comparisons when they're not really being made. So Rob said he wants to know more about the guy. Cuz he may just be voluntarily outta nowhere coming out and saying he doesn't want to be compared to black QB's.
  • detcatinvadetcatinva Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rob parker is a good sports writer. he just sucks as an on air tv personality
    ShadyWorldOrder
    RG is a differnt type of black dude.... he isnt gonna be a nigga he from Waco grew up with white folk and is not gonna come off the way others would. with that said Rob wants him to not push away being a black qb as bad everytime he is asked about it. I feel both perspectives
    playmaker88
    But what was the point of Moon, Cunnigham, etc paving the way? Wasnt it so that a black QB would be a normal thing, where there wasnt a stigma attached to it anymore? Isnt RG3 part of that "dream" manifested?

Its just like MLK workin so hard so i can HAVE that white girl on my arm and it not be a issue.
    ghost!Bawse D.LoxLurker6SocialAssassinRati
  • ShadyWorldOrderShadyWorldOrder Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    I like what u said about Stephen A ever since he been on the show full-time he's been watered down constant flip flopping and Stephen A never sugar coated...I liked Rob b/c he says whatever comes to mind even in controversy and he was a very controversial writer which also got him noticed and fired b4. Rob has a point but I see what RG3 is doing as well he just wants to be compared to other QB besides black QB which the track record isnt good.
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BDB wrote: »
    Tiger woods said he didn't want to be classified as a black person at all.

Griff just doesn't want to be looked at as just a Black QB. Instead he wants to just be a QB.

When Rodgers, Brady and the Manning's are referred to they're just QB's. Not white QB's. Griff want the same as a QB. That's it.

Everybody knows this, and its a lazy thing to get a battery in your back about. Who is going to argue that point? What is there to even argue about? Its like saying I'm outraged by slavery....yeah and who isnt?
  • KameKame Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    Matt- wrote: »
    lmao. it was completely filtered. It was pre-approved race-baiting in an attempt to create some sort of debate. Here they are, a sports network and he wants to talk about something like who is girlfriend is and what political party he belongs too?? Sounds like oh everyone else who has helped ruined the quality of programing on ESPN. They all signed off on this and he was toting the company line. Don't act like he's out here on some real shit when he's just another espn debate puppet.

word
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. I II III IIII IIIII IIIIII IIIIIII IIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIPosts: 12,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rage wrote: »

Griff just doesn't want to be looked at as just a Black QB. Instead he wants to just be a QB.

When Rodgers, Brady and the Manning's are referred to they're just QB's. Not white QB's. Griff want the same as a QB. That's it.

Everybody knows this, and its a lazy thing to get a battery in your back about. Who is going to argue that point? What is there to even argue about? Its like saying I'm outraged by slavery....yeah and who isnt?

Lol no battery in my back bruh. I don't even know where you got that from. I was simply pointing out the differences in context of Tiger in comparison to Robert. Since their situations were compared.
  • KameKame Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Follow

Dan Steinberg
    ‏@dcsportsbog
    Which led to Stephen A. Smith saying this: "I’m uncomfortable with where we just went."
    Ok i just saw the vid...WOW!

"Is he a brother or a cornball brother?" What!? smh

And yall 'respect' this? Yall nggas are lost. Anybody fallin for that Rush Limbaugh-Howard Stern-Skip Bayless school of analysis is lost.
    ghost!illedout
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol no battery in my back bruh. I don't even know where you got that from. I was simply pointing out the differences in context of Tiger in comparison to Robert. Since their situations were compared.

I meant Rob gets a battery in his pack over an issue he knows he wont get any real or legitimate debate on because its like arguing against slavery.
    BDBIID
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. I II III IIII IIIII IIIIII IIIIIII IIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIPosts: 12,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

I meant Rob gets a battery in his pack over an issue he knows he wont get any real or legitimate debate on because its like arguing against slavery.

Oh aight.
  • almighty breezealmighty breeze Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Rob Parker shouldnt be on TV.
    i have friends like this . i tell them all the time that public school failed them. I mean it as a joke/diss and as a serious statement. Rob may be as my friends im describing incredibly intelligent & thoughtful. Its just that they either dont have the words or know how to convey those thghts. So when they try to get a point across they sya things to debaters (however skilled) like Skip or some people on here that are easy to pick apart or twist.
    Where the sentiment might have been totally different and they just couldnt get their point across the right way but its too late b/c of what they said & how its interpreted and the topic at hand. When they didnt entirely mean it how it was taken

im not trying to cape for Parker at all. He gladly takes that check to speak his mind. Im justseeing this & recognizing it from convos wit some of my friends who are not "eloquent" so to speak. it gets frustrating but b/c they ur friend or u wanna understand what they're getting at you get to the bottom of it. Rob doesnt have that luxury. He's on tv he should think about what he's sayin. Dont just wing it on air