Q-Tip Blasts Def Jam Over Trinidad James Signing?

illedoutilledout Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
qtip.jpg

G.O.O.D. Music's Q-Tip is reportedly not applauding Def Jam's latest roster addition of Atlanta rapper Trinidad James and has publicly spoken out.

Rather than post a series of tweets, the rap veteran sent a single shot at Def Jam and told the company to remember the legacy its set.

"Yo @DefJamRecords brass! remember your BRAND! And what@UncleRUSH n co put out. Please! Don't be short sighted," Tip tweeted December 13th. (Q-Tip's Twitter)

I understand his point but, Q-tip signed to the same record label as 2Chains..
ImTheKangRoundHereLou_CypherSleepwalkingInJapanLUClENaladdin1978KINGECidoitforhiphop10dwade206unspoken_respectDMIcarnalesflows515silverfoxxbherc

Replies

• illedoutilledout Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumored reports say that the rapper has settled a deal with Def Jam for $2 million. (XXL Mag)
    bherc
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote:
    illedout wrote: »

The signing of 2chainz to G.O.O.D. Music was a business move to gain Trap fans not because he actually makes good music. Fuck that.
    Aristo_V300GSonIIhuey
  • CJCJ Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2chainz isn't officially signed to GOOD I thought
    huey
  • bbkg79bbkg79 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

You trying to tell me 2chainz is not better than TJ? I don't even like 2chainz but I'd rather have him than TJ
  • AggyAFAggyAF in the PPM ThreadPosts: 26,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't think it was a shot just at trinidad james. i think he means lil reese too. def jam have just been signing any thing that has views on youtube as of lately. buss driver who uppercutted that bitch bout to get a deal. WATCH!

No ID was instrumental in signing Lil Reese

and 2 Chainz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tobago slim Trinidad James
    illedout
  • Judah BackJudah Back Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't think it was a shot just at trinidad james. i think he means lil reese too. def jam have just been signing any thing that has views on youtube as of lately. buss driver who uppercutted that bitch bout to get a deal. WATCH!

what you talkin bout fam?
    Serious Juice Mayne
    Perfect wrote: »

“Lil Reese brings a gritty, authentic perspective to life on the streets ofChicago,” Def Jam Recordings president Joie Manda told AllHipHop.com in a statement today (July 2). “It’s fitting that one of our brightest A&R executives, No I.D. – a fellow Chicago native and superproducer in his own right – brought Reese to us. Artists like Reese are part of our lifeblood here at Def Jam, where we not only cherish our heritage as the definitive label in hip-hop, but seek out, sign and develop the freshest talent our culture has to offer.”
    http://officialhiphopsource.com/def-jam-recordings-signs-contract-with-19-year-old-lil-reese/
    No ID is a VP at Def Jam
    photo1.jpg

im just spreading some info *shrug*
  • andre_1024andre_1024 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why this nigga concerned about who Def Jam signs?
    Valentinez A. Kaiser
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Yo @DefJamRecords brass! remember your BRAND! And what@UncleRUSH n co put out.

yeah like def jam just started not giving a fuck about what their brand represented back in the day
    MrCrookedLetterHyenaKillaMuhannad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    somebody need to pull that corn to the side and tell him to mind his own business.....

what kinda fuck shit is that, where was he when the other 09453058 wack muthafukas got signed by def jam over the last several years....
    OGClarenceBoddicker32DaysOfInfinitihuey
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Lil Reese brings a gritty, authentic perspective to life on the streets ofChicago,” Def Jam Recordings president Joie Manda told AllHipHop.com in a statement today (July 2). “It’s fitting that one of our brightest A&R executives, No I.D. – a fellow Chicago native and superproducer in his own right – brought Reese to us. Artists like Reese are part of our lifeblood here at Def Jam, where we not only cherish our heritage as the definitive label in hip-hop, but seek out, sign and develop the freshest talent our culture has to offer.”
    http://officialhiphopsource.com/def-jam-recordings-signs-contract-with-19-year-old-lil-reese/
    No ID is a VP at Def Jam
    photo1.jpg

*plays "Cant Be Life"*
    illedoutRawAce
  • bgoatbgoat Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Def Jam brand is 'Money'
    poindexter2RawAce
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012

and 2 Chainz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tobago slim Trinidad James

Wow....never knew that. Somebody put me up on some Lil Reese...can the nigga spit?

edited December 2012

Wow....never knew that. Somebody put me up on some Lil Reese...can the nigga spit?

naw, he's just a slightly more coherent Chief Keef. His big record now is "Us" and the remix with Rick Ross and Drizzle

the other guy Lil Durk is not that bad, he's melodic
    B_A
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    Why this nigga concerned about who Def Jam signs?

exactly
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

No ID is a VP at Def Jam
    photo1.jpg

Alright we get it that this nigga likes to smoke weed. But do you really need to be that high while signing a contract that is going to change your life. Look at lil reese's eyes
  • blackblocblackbloc Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    def jam need to sign people , without rihanna , jeezy, ross and kanye they have no artist that can make hit music
  • nyst8ofminnyst8ofmin Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭

Alright we get it that this nigga likes to smoke weed. But do you really need to be that high while signing a contract that is going to change your life. Look at lil reese's eyes

im assuming you know lil reese and this statment isnt based on the fact that he took a picture and it looks like he was blinking during the picture
    cuz taht would be some pretty stupid sh*t if u just assumed he was high
    The Recipe[Trillmatic]
  • nyst8ofminnyst8ofmin Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    def jam need to sign people , they have no artist that can make quality artistic music

fixed
    ROZAYTABERNACLE