Ladies, Would You Marry A Man Without Getting A Ring?

NeighborhoodNomad. NeighborhoodNomad. Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
Would you marry a man without ever having a "wedding" ring?

What is the significance in a ring?

Im very non traditional and somewhat unorthodox, that being said, I cant imagine ever wearing a "wedding" ring, nor do I ever plan on getting one for my wife.

So would you marry that man?
Why/Why not?

Replies

• KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,511 Regulator
    yes, the wedding ring is a pretty new phenomenon in my culture anyway. i do have/wear one, my husband doesn't, he doesn't wear any jelwery tho
    Stew
  • NeighborhoodNomad. NeighborhoodNomad. Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I'm non-traditional as well and plan on exchanging a fiscally worthless, sentimentally priceless memento. Plus, I rarely wear rings anyway. Perhaps hand crafted his&her necklaces. Something with a more significant meaning than a price tag for sure.

I like that.

kai_valya wrote: »
    yes, the wedding ring is a pretty new phenomenon in my culture anyway. i do have/wear one, my husband doesn't, he doesn't wear any jelwery tho

That's whats up. They don't do that in Africa/In your culture?
    Is there anything tangible that signifies marriage?
  • KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,511 Regulator
    yes, in my culture the man or his family usually pay a dowry to the girl's family. it can be anything, money, jewelry, livestock, property

usually it is jewelry put the concept of a wedding ring is fairly new. something we've adopted from being here
    DarthRozay
    kai_valya wrote: »
    yes, in my culture the man or his family usually pay a dowry to the girl's family. it can be anything, money, jewelry, livestock, property

usually it is jewelry put the concept of a wedding ring is fairly new. something we've adopted from being here

I just learned something new...

Young Stef
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 40,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear of dudes actually financing a two to three year loan over a ring..that's just silly to me.

It would depend on the reason. Lack of money is understandable.
    a.mann
  • MissKMissK Wonderwoman DeathValleyPosts: 3,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dislike weddings. the planning is a headache.

my wedding photo consists of me and hubby kissing in our work uniforms. Me in scrubs and him in dirty coveralls. I took my lunch early and he met me at the courthouse. We got married and went back to work, lol. At the time he was making $10/hr blowing insulation for a roofing company. I was a CNA. That photo means more to me than any pic i could have taken in a white dress surrounded by bridesmaids because it reminds me how far we've come.

That's love girl!!
    You have a beautiful baby (keep jamel from giving advice to the little man, lol)

=))
    Skyler WhiteDWOAjackson17
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJamal wrote: »
    My Parent's got married at my Aunt's house and they are still married. That extravagant wedding shit is a big waste of money. If u really love someone the cost of a wedding or getting a ring should not matter imo. I'm her's and she's mines that's all that matters

big weddings are for females bruh .... if she aint trippin about it dudes always prefer to keep that shit low-key...

but ...you know what i never understood .... how come the dude only get a wack ass wedding "band" while the female is out here stuntin' with some multi carat rock tho? ....shit.... i want to shine too dammit!
    NeighborhoodNomad. atribecalledgabiYoung Stef
  • deadeyedeadeye Old Nigga Extraordinaire In my basement fapping to chunky fat Kat pics.Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I want my ring nigga.

@Moreno.Kitamura

Baby G...what's poppin?

Any pics from last night?

I was married for two years before we bought rings.

When we got married, we were really young & broke. But we didn't want something as superficial as jewelry and a ceremony to make us hold off getting married. Tomorrow ain't promised.

So we did the courthouse thing. Hubby bought me a ring on our second anniversary and tbh I barely wear it. I wear latex gloves for work so it cuts thru every pair. It stays in my jewelry box 90% of the time.

Rings don't matter, tbh. My uncle married my aunt pat & tied a string around her finger 20 years ago. He said 'if she loves me she'll stay regardless." 20 years later & she has enough rings for her hands, toes & mine too.

i dislike weddings. the planning is a headache.

my wedding photo consists of me and hubby kissing in our work uniforms. Me in scrubs and him in dirty coveralls. I took my lunch early and he met me at the courthouse. We got married and went back to work, lol. At the time he was making $10/hr blowing insulation for a roofing company. I was a CNA. That photo means more to me than any pic i could have taken in a white dress surrounded by bridesmaids because it reminds me how far we've come.

Billy-D_Approves.gif
    I want my ring nigga.

What does a ring signify to you?

Would it matter if it was a cubic zirconia or something hand-crafted like @sixsicksins said?
    No. Because I want a ring. No other reason.

why?