These 3 songs Ruin Biggie's Life after Death.

stupot0607stupot0607 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
For me its a near classic. i obviously dont have to point out the timeless hip hop classics on LAD. but im just curious, anyone actually bump or like Another, Nasty Boy or Playa Hater? it pisses me off how they ruin it. Them songs are 100% bullshit and ruin the album. if they arent on there its a 5/5 album..

I get the feeling that biggie woulda fallen off thanks to puffy. i can't remember where i read it, but Biggie was pissed at puffy for making him switch his style up for the album in the first place. its no coincidence that them 3 songs are all produced by Diddy. He shoulda stuck with Easy Mo Bee for main part of production on LAD.

Just to make this a positive thread, Appreciate this classic from LAD.

ovoCapodwade2065th Letter_Goldie_Jabu_RuleCP203iKingGodGivBizDemarco27Solitary Soldier

Replies

• The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Its a double CD, with 24 songs on it, so its hard to believe 2 songs stop it from being considered classic. The nigga only got a handful of songs be grateful.
    CJAlready Home_17
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful "-Puffy
    B_A
  • mdotmdot Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nasty Boy is a cool single type of track.

Intro to that track is classic "so after I shit on the bitch" lmao.
    almighty breezegns
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another, I'll give you.
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,312 Regulator
    Agree with OP.
    yeah i rap so don't
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,312 Regulator
    Won't say it "ruined" it tho just not classic imo.
    ohhhlaCP203shtoopid
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youuu beeeeen robbeddd
    dwade206shtoopidSolitary Soldier
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Hat low there's not a weak link on my squad/ I'm LL In too deep I'm thinking I'm GOD Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Another,Goin back to cali and Nasty Boy are the only songs On that album I can't bump.

Those 3 songs don't ruin it Life after death is the goat double album and a top 5 hip hop album
    DR. JEK
  • Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its still the Best Double Disc Rap album.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 19,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skits attached to the songs (so that the damn song doesn't start until 1 minute into the track) actually hurt more than any individual song did.

I can't rock Kick In The Door like I want to because they put that wack ass skit right before it, same with Sky Is The Limit
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 27,651 Regulator
    The only song I skip is Another. Nasty Boy and Player Hater were dope IMO.
  • Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    The skits attached to the songs (so that the damn song doesn't start until 1 minute into the track) actually hurt more than any individual song did.

I can't rock Kick In The Door like I want to because they put that wack ass skit right before it, same with Sky Is The Limit

Skys The Limit had a skit?
    ohhhla
  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 15,114 Regulator
    nasty is a goat for karaoke
  • harry knucklezharry knucklez Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree about "Another." Its like the "Whatz Ya Phone #" of Life After Death.
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Skys The Limit had a skit?

Not sure if serious.

• Stomp JohnsonStomp Johnson Ya man's a wimp, I give that ass a good thrashin'. Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nasty is a goat for karaoke

I'd say the same for Playa Hater. Drunken karaoke. Especially Puff's part gettin off at the end. Doesn't hurt if everyone else in the room is just as fuckin drunk as you are.

BIG proved himself on every verse in every song, through and through. So a random track with him wittingly singing horribly offkey about some gutta shit doesn't hurt the album's credibility, just adds to its entertainment value.
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T/S need to just kill himself.
  • mryounggunmryounggun Posts: 10,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue is the T/S's use of 'ruin'. That means it was dope and those joints made it shitty. Still an amazing album. Just isn't perfect. What album is?

But yeah, I don't rock with them joints.
  • stupot0607stupot0607 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    mryounggun wrote: »
    The only issue is the T/S's use of 'ruin'. That means it was dope and those joints made it shitty. Still an amazing album. Just isn't perfect. What album is?

But yeah, I don't rock with them joints.

I still feel its an amazing album, its just them songs ruin it from being a classic, not necessarily make it a bad album. if those 3 arent on LAD its a 5/5 album.

still better than 90% whats released today. unfortunatly.

and its not the best hip hop double album. Wu Tang Forever is better than LAD.

haha im still a biggie fan, he's top 5.
    Lab BabyiKingGodGivBiz
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 20,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree on play hata. I'd be lying if i said i listened to that song more than once.
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maaaaaaaaaan playa hater is my shit. I cant wait to do that shit at a Karaoke nite
  • emanuel08emanuel08 Posts: 402 ✭✭✭

you hate the skit from sky is the limit
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 8,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like Playa hater and another. I think those shits are hilarious. nasty boy is a song I can live without but doesn't hurt the album imo.
    B_ABaybeySolitary Soldier
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Another" gets skipped regularly. Nasty Boy is tolerable & I can fuck w/ Playa Hata. But yeah I remember in the March 03 XXL (The Making of LAD) & the Bigger Than Life documentary Easy Mo Bee said that when they 1st started recording LAD BIG wasn't feeling it b/c Puff wanted LAD to be more radio friendly than RTD, but BIG wanted to do hardcore/ganster shit.

Makes me wonder if BIG had lived would Puff's influence have killed his artistic spirit & resulted in mediocre music from him. At the same time his biggest hits: One More Chance (Remix), Big Poppa, Juicy, etc were in part b/c of Puff's old school/soul sample driven sound. If BIG had gotten away from Puff/BadBoy and changed his style would it have been felt the same? Damn shame we'll never know.
    stupot0607ohhhlaFunkyJ