Brits and Aussies gettin all the roles

RawAceRawAce Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are they better actors than Americans?

Every time I look around I see a Brit or an Aussie playing the role of an American in an American film(or tv show).

Replies

  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 13,734 Regulator
    because they are not divas, worked in theatre and take their craft seriously
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a thought that maybe classical training was giving them the edge over Americans but at the same time plenty of Americans go to college for acting, do stage work and do workshops on a weekly basis.
    Those things have to count for something.
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RawAce wrote: »
    Are they better actors than Americans?

    Every time I look around I see a Brit or an Aussie playing the role of an American in an American film(or tv show).

    Americans still have Pitt, Clooney, DiCaprio and Denzel. Thats the A+ American actors. The problem is everybody after them isnt fucking with the british actors.

    Because of this...
    because they are not divas, worked in theatre and take their craft seriously

  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 13,734 Regulator
    RawAce wrote: »
    I had a thought that maybe classical training was giving them the edge over Americans but at the same time plenty of Americans go to college for acting, do stage work and do workshops on a weekly basis.
    Those things have to count for something.


    british dudes that are blowing up now like mccvoy, fassbender, tom hardy etc been grinding for like 10 years without international fame

    all these dudes started were in band of brothers lol

    also i think gaining fame when you are older (30s) you are mindful of the projects you pick

    most us actors get fame quick and get corrupted quick
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven Rise from the ashes MarylandPosts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Americans don't give roles to real actors anymore. I mean Timberlake and other pop stars and rappers are getting roles which is a problem. They go by marketability instead of talent and skill.
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Americans don't give roles to real actors anymore. I mean Timberlake and other pop stars and rappers are getting roles which is a problem. They go by marketability instead of talent and skill.

    Thats what im sayin.
    They always talk about marketability when casting Americans but then give key roles to Aussies and UK'ers who have been in low key productions.

  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and as long as these 3 are around

    lennie0.jpg

    AdewaleAkinnuoye-Agbaje.jpg

    40812_pro.jpg

    non-rapping AA actors stand little chance
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RawAce wrote: »
    and as long as these 3 are around

    lennie0.jpg

    AdewaleAkinnuoye-Agbaje.jpg

    40812_pro.jpg

    ejiofor-a.jpg
    non-rapping AA actors stand little chance

    Fixed
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    They have better actors b just face it and their shows are better too
    rage
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im impressed with how well most of them can do damn near any American accent.

    First time I heard Charlie Hunnan(Jax from sons of anarchy) speak in his normal voice I was shocked.
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RawAce wrote: »
    Im impressed with how well most of them can do damn near any American accent.

    First time I heard Charlie Hunnan(Jax from sons of anarchy) speak in his normal voice I was shocked.

    Brody of Homeland is British too lol.
  • thenatureboythenatureboy Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have better actors b just face it and their shows are better too


    There are a lot of dope actors, but American TV is still really strong.

    Agree with a lot of the names mentioned here, also give love to

    John Noble and Anna Torv on Fringe- 2 underrated Aussie actors.
    Yvone Strahovski on Chuck and now on Dexter- Aussie

    Pretty much everybody on Game of Thrones and Spartacus too.
Sign In or Register to comment.