"Just b/c two people love each other, doesn't mean they're meant to be together"...

Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat BootyologistPosts: 35,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is that true? What kinda bs logic is that?

I was watchin "In Too Deep" and Nia Ling's character said this to Omar Epps character towards the end. I just don't get it. If neither one if us has any major hang ups that would prevent us from being together, why deny it? What's the point? It's like sayin "Yeah I'm horny and wanna have sex with you, but I'm not goin to."

How do y'all feel about this?

Replies

• PremeerPremeer Posts: 2,946
    of course thats true. but honestly, not in the mood to break some shit down to a science right now.
    edwardnigma
  • darkone360 wrote: »

I was watchin "In Too Deep" and Nia Ling's character said this to Omar Epps character towards the end. I just don't get it. If neither one if us has any major hang ups that would prevent us from being together, why deny it? What's the point? It's like sayin "Yeah I'm horny and wanna have sex with you, but I'm not goin to."

relationships are weird like that sometimes...it does take more than love to make them work as strange as that may seem.

Oya_HusbandBookwormYoung Stef
  • 2 Drawlz2 Drawlz Posts: 777
    2 ppl can feel strongly about one another, but could be moving in different directions in life and are constantly clashing with where they wanna take the realationship.
    TheNeoShells_a_m_r_i_oYoung Stef
  • sullysully Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just stupid. Unless the two people who are in love with each other are destructive towards each other. Then I guess I can see the logic.

I refer you to Rihanna's "We Found Love" video. Two people in love, but destroying their own lives when each others' presence.

'tis better to have loved and lost or to never have loved at all? I guess that's the real question.

I think the more tragic situation is to be in love with someone (or at least think you might be in love) and never take that chance b/c you know it'll never work out. To live with a pain that aches with every heartbeat, and every heartbeat feels as if your every emotion is being bellowed into an empty cavern. That is the real tragedy of love. And to some, that is life.
    Recaptimus_Prime360TheNeoShellBookworm
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat Bootyologist Posts: 35,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8aw$3Man3 wrote: »
    2 ppl can feel strongly about one another, but could be moving in different directions in life and are constantly clashing with where they wanna take the realationship.

Ehh, reminds me of my last relationship. IMO, if you TRULY love each, then you will do what it takes to make it work. You would fight to be together, rather than throw in the towel so easily.
    King EraunoYoung Stef
  • leftcoastkevleftcoastkev Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    darkone360 wrote: »

Everybody got their own viewpoint. Them 2 people haven't fit the criteria of each other's definition of love, therefore they ain't meant to be together.

As far as: "Yeah I'm horny and wanna have sex with you, but I'm not goin to."
    Makes perfect sense if you want something from them.....more than you want to fuck them. Mind over matter or cash before ass.
    Hard dicks and empty pockets or wet pussies and empty purses may not be cool combinations depending on your POV.
    1800skypagerTheNeoShell
  • b@squ1@t reduxb@squ1@t redux IF YOUR PHONE DOESNT RING--IT'S ME the post traumatic stressPosts: 12,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a cold world baby girl..lovin me is not enough..

find out when you're fuckin broke--love wont get you on the bus..
    abn562
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an ex like that
    Chemistry off the chain, can laugh, joke chill, etc. Sex was EVERYTHING
    But I know we wouldnt work because I could run over him. Cant be with a man I know I can manipulate....recipe for disaster. He's not a bitch but I can fuck with his mind & emotions way too easily.
    He lives across the country, thank God. Dumb nigga has my name tattooed on him, lol.

You sound like one of them black chicks niggas on here be bleeding they hearts out about why bitches ain't shit.
    Skyler WhiteYoung Stefblakfyahking
  • dallas' 4 evadallas' 4 eva Raphael Coronado Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going through this right now so I know it's true. I love my ex with all my heart and soul, and I know it's mutual but at the end of the day we're going nowhere fast. Sometimes it's best just to move on bro.
  • 2 Drawlz2 Drawlz Posts: 777
    edited December 2012
    I have an ex like that
    But I know we wouldnt work because I could run over him. Cant be with a man I know I can manipulate....recipe for disaster. He's not a bitch but I can fuck with his mind & emotions way too easily.
    He lives across the country, thank God. Dumb nigga has my name tattooed on him, lol.

elaborate

• deelightdeelight Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Sometimes things won't work together with two people. For example..I love you but because you don't have to same believe or as strong as a believe in religion as I do, it won't work between us. Because I need your faith to be as strong as mine. And you have to leave that because religion is important and people are crazy about certain things. Or you don't know don't know spending boundaries I love you but I like to live on a spam budget and you like to eat steak all the time (yes I know someone who had this). And somethings are just stupid! Me personal we work thru things together as partners I'm not going to throw the towel in as soon as the going gets rough.. If
  • b@squ1@t reduxb@squ1@t redux IF YOUR PHONE DOESNT RING--IT'S ME the post traumatic stressPosts: 12,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    He's an emotionally led guy. His sensitivity attracted me to him but over time it became a turnoff. Almost felt like I was with a woman. If I called him right now & was like 'yo quit your job, leave your daughter & come be with me, I'm getting a divorce. Oh & by the way put my name on your accounts" he'd be here tmrw night.

aka bitchmade

being bitchmade applies to several facets of life

a gangster, or navy SEAL, or MMA fighter can be bitchmade

if they're mentally weak enough to let a woman dictate their emotions or run em into the ground and give her the power to control their lives they got hardcore bitch tendencies and are therefore bitchmade

suckers for love lose again
    I have an ex like that

elaborate

He's not bitchmade but I can get over on him too easily. Hubby loves me & sees thru my bullshit. Can't manipulate his emotions because he's an emotionally strong independent guy. A woman needs that b/c we're emotionally led, we need that balance. Hubby is in touch with his emotions but can cast them aside to make logical sound decisions when he needs to.

Ex is a different case. He's an emotionally led guy. His sensitivity attracted me to him but over time it became a turnoff. Almost felt like I was with a woman. If I called him right now & was like 'yo quit your job, leave your daughter & come be with me, I'm getting a divorce. Oh & by the way put my name on your accounts" he'd be here tmrw night. He's in love with being in love. A serial monogamist. Puts emotions before logic. Ick.

930C845D-85B9-4F1D-8FB8-50BB6B982048-1596-000000DE7F4489D1.jpg

Smh. Damn.

Well I'm the type to make things work out in a relationship, rather than quit so fast. If that person is worth it, then you'll do whateva you can to make it happen. But BOTH parties has to put the effort in. That's the key.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,385
    edited December 2012
    I have an ex like that

elaborate

He's not bitchmade but I can get over on him too easily. Hubby loves me & sees thru my bullshit. Can't manipulate his emotions because he's an emotionally strong independent guy. A woman needs that b/c we're emotionally led, we need that balance. Hubby is in touch with his emotions but can cast them aside to make logical sound decisions when he needs to.

Ex is a different case. He's an emotionally led guy. His sensitivity attracted me to him but over time it became a turnoff. Almost felt like I was with a woman. If I called him right now & was like 'yo quit your job, leave your daughter & come be with me, I'm getting a divorce. Oh & by the way put my name on your accounts" he'd be here tmrw night. He's in love with being in love. A serial monogamist. Puts emotions before logic. Ick.

Smh sis, that hit close to home. Except in my case its even worse because this man and I weren't even together. See, I love and admire a sincerely nice brother. I don't believe in "too nice" but theres a big difference between nice and a pushover with no backbone. I gave this brother a chance, not to even date yet but to get to know each other and thats when things became way too much. We barely knew each other but the brother was trying to put me on his insurance benefits, open up joint bank accounts, surprising me with gifts which I wasn't comfortable accepting. I could never take advantage of his kindness but this man would not take no for an answer, was really genuine with his will and need to go out of his way for me. He'd actually get upset when refusing his offers.

He's the kind of guy that won't just leave you alone so easily, youd have to practically become rude and come at him sideways to really get it which just isn't how I operate. Even after having kindly told him that I don't feel to be with him the same way he'd love to have me, he stuck by. I loved him like a friend for the kind hearted and sincere person he was but that's what hurt him the most. The fact I couldn't be his everything, and yet he still wanted to do for us. Sensitive is wonderful in many ways but he was overly super sensitive and I just couldn't, even though I was absolutely honest with him about my intentions, I felt a way about accepting anything from him, or any man for that matter. He wanted nothing in return but No matter how okay he acted in accepting my truth, as long as I entertained his kindness and gave him the time of day, a little hope still remained for the future. His emotions, head and heart were mos def not a price I could ever pay. I simply cannot nor would I ever have the desire to mess with anyone's love and life regardless of what I could gain, my mind doesn't even operate like that.

So while love could be present, it is not the only important factor which comes into play within building and maintaining a relationship. Love allows you to be free and gives you reason, it makes everything that much more worth your while but not necessarily for the betterment of yourself and life overall. We are creatures of instant gratification so at times what feels amazing in the moment is everything but when the right now no longer is.
    MrLunatik1979tha bausejayvon32Young Stef
  • GreenCapitalist90GreenCapitalist90 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an ex like that

I don't believe in love, I feel it's just a chemical reaction in the brain that prompt's folks to act irrational. After reading this good god I can't see myself getting so mushy that I can't think clearly no one is that special. If this is what "love" is then it's a disease that should be neutralized at first notice.

And he got your name tattooed on him? I thought only females did that.............
    07e94ee0a810ef8811da327412ae5a36_view.jpg

Well damn Empress. Did you feel good gettin that off your chest? Lol
    Oya_HusbandYoung Stefblakfyahking
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,385
    edited December 2012
    @darkone360

Lol! I'm good. I just have a lot of compassion and empathy though so I truly felt bad that he was so clearly dedicated to making me his woman, something I couldn't give him and never led him to believe otherwise. Basically I felt what y'all stay talking about on here, the dreaded "friend zone." To feel someone so much and they don't feel the same way about you romantically? Never wish to feel that, straight daggers smh :(
    marley coulda just posted that next lifetime bullshit by erykah badu and saved herself some time
    Gold_CertificateOya_HusbandgoldenjaYoung Stef
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Hold My Dick Posts: 22,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you never find true love all your dreams will come true.

The whole concept of "the one" is played the fuck out. Muthafuckas need to leave town for once in their lives.
    TrashboatedwardnigmagoldenjaYoung Stef
  • HarlemThumzUpHarlemThumzUp Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an ex like that

elaborate

and yet let other females tell it niggas like this dont exist
    Young Stef