You thought Pelicans was bad...how about the New Orleans Mosquitos??? LMAO

GoonerGooner Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
The NBA has filed trademarks for the New Orleans Pelicans, amongst four other potential nicknames on behalf of the New Orleans Hornets NBA Limited Partnership.

The Rougarou, Mosquitos, Swamp Dogs and Bullsharks are the other nicknames that have been filed for trademark.

A swamp dog is a Cajun nickname for an alligator, while Rougarou refers to a beast from Louisiana folklore.

New Orleans will likely adopt a red, blue and gold color scheme.

basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225090/NBA_Files_Trademark_For_New_Orleans_Pelicans_Four_Others

swamp dogs would be sick but thats not happening
arsenal_yrj6r.gif

Replies

• wmj710wmj710 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at this point they just might want to stick with the hornets,
    A$AP_A$TONtru_m.a.c
  • Matt-Matt- stew Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess that's one way to get your fans to warm up to the Pelican's name
  • IceManKamIceManKam Hot bodies get Cold Shoulders Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God i wish i could post a facepalm..all the fuckery going on
  • El PayasoEl Payaso Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    I like Pelicans.
    Fly little pelicans, fly. (Scarface)
    abn562
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nets almost changed their name to swamp dragons
    coop9889
  • smittysmithsmittysmith Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whose in charge of the creative management team for these clowns??!!

My sad state....

wearelsu.jpg

B0_hw_hIUAAMuQF.jpg:large

"Death Valley...where dreams come to die!"

01.jpg

• Michael_MaliceMichael_Malice #YM Posts: 17,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NO Skeeters.

They would still suck.
    0698500_F_B991_463_C_8_F0_C_4926_DC9_B1806_15715_00000.jpg
  • jay83jay83 Posts: 5,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Rubato GarciaRubato Garcia Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything other than NO Jazz would be uncivilized...fuck them niggas in Utah, call them the Mormons
    BlackAX410
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazz would've always been sick. utah should be the ones to change their names
    12715221_1544933472501286_6918897634016329581_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9fa1452681ccbeedd4b6da85510815bf&oe=576D10DE
    Rubato GarciaJusDre313
  • KeepOnPushingKeepOnPushing Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ladies and Gentlemen youuuuuuuuur New Orleans Pelicaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnsssss!!!!!

Gonna-Feel-That-Tomorrow-finding-nemo-1076458_587_397.jpg
  • Lebong JamesLebong James Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damnnn new orleans bull sharks woudlve been dope
    large.jpg
  • SocialAssassinRatiSocialAssassinRati Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Orleans Levies???

New Orleans Femas???

New Orleans Oil Spills???

New Orleans Young Monies???

New Orleans Weezies???
    ibeCzE3L7NpZac.gif
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao @ Swamp dogs inside the NBA would destroy them for dat
    http://teamdar.bandcamp.com/

^^^^^^^ U WANT AN ALBUM WITH MULTIPLE TOPICS THAT SOUNDS DIFFERENT THEN YOUR EVERYDAY MUSIC YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO. YOU WANT SOMEONE WITH A UNIQUE DELIVERY WHO HAS SUBSTANCE AS WELL. THE LINK ABOVE COOLIN IN AXELWORLD IS FOR U, START ON TRACK 1 AND JUST LET IT RIDE ALL OPINIONS AND FEEDBACK WELCOMED

purpngold
  • bless the childbless the child Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinkin the New Orleans Bayou might work...I feel the same way I did when Charlotte named the team "Bobcats"
    Young GunnerBlackAX410Rubato GarciaJusDre313
  • SocialAssassinRatiSocialAssassinRati Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Orleans Voodoo...i'd support a team like that
    ibeCzE3L7NpZac.gif
    caddo man
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh. If they ain't going with "New Orleans Woadie-sons" then just stick with the Hornets.

All that other ish is dumb as fuck and sound more like sneak disses than local homages.
    BdTtDYlCQAIOg0M.png thunderlogoangle2.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!i4FD-jVu7gFBRMPIUVCNw~~60_35.JPGVINYLMAGNET-FALCONS.jpg

Hey, you, yeah u, the corny ass faggot, girlie mouth ass nigga. Click dat wack button -->
  • Crude_Crude_ Legend Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the Pelican name either but I think over time the shit might grow on me.

People talk about the name not being strong and intimidating but neither is the Lakers, Knicks (knickerbockers), Pacers, Cavs, or a few others as well.

None of those names are team names that are threatening or intimidating hell the damn NY Knicks are a name that was derived from descendants of the Dutch later on in the pre-World War II era they were a style of trousers that golfers wore.

I remember when the Sonics moved to OKC and changed their name to the Thunder I thought that ish sounded like an old ABA team.

Over time it grew on me though, and I think maybe the Pelicans will too at least that's my hope.
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foh, Thunder is one of the best names in sports. Oklahoma is the heart of "tornado alley" and the home of Doppler radar so Thunder fits the state and the way they play.

U got grown men that jump when they hear Thunder and lightning, lol.

When I think pelicans I just laugh. They the first ones to get dealt with after oil spills. Them and turtles. LoL.
    BdTtDYlCQAIOg0M.png thunderlogoangle2.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!i4FD-jVu7gFBRMPIUVCNw~~60_35.JPGVINYLMAGNET-FALCONS.jpg

Hey, you, yeah u, the corny ass faggot, girlie mouth ass nigga. Click dat wack button -->
    Michael_MaliceCrude_buttuh_b
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the Pelican name either but I think over time the shit might grow on me.

People talk about the name not being strong and intimidating but neither is the Lakers, Knicks (knickerbockers), Pacers, Cavs, or a few others as well.

None of those names are team names that are threatening or intimidating hell the damn NY Knicks are a name that was derived from descendants of the Dutch later on in the pre-World War II era they were a style of trousers that golfers wore.

I remember when the Sonics moved to OKC and changed their name to the Thunder I thought that ish sounded like an old ABA team.

Over time it grew on me though, and I think maybe the Pelicans will too at least that's my hope.

Name name them the Brass or the Krewe. The Jazz dont even use instruments in their logo anymore.
    slucrr7ld6jl.jpeg
    The IC Law (please read before posting)

You have the right to remain silent.
    Anything you say can and will be used against you in the threads of the IC.
    If you are a female, You have the right to talk to another poster and have him present with you during an exposure.
    If you do not have another poster to save you, one will be appointed to represent you, if you post a proof pic of yourself with a timestamp. Representation will be aquired if your pic is deemed simp worthy. All posters are consider a male until a proof pic or vid is provided.

The Intelligent Waiver

Do you understand each of these rights as I have explained them to you?
    Having these rights in mind, do you wish to post a proof pic(for females) or tell us your personal story now?

Old Poster admission
    There is a chance that I am your Daddy. What is your momma name again?