INSTAGRAM HELPS COPS CATCH STAR FOOTBALL PLAYERS WHO RAPED TEEN GIRL

ImTheKangRoundHereImTheKangRoundHere Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Screen-shot-2012-12-18-at-6.01.00-PM.png

More details have been revealed in the grisly rape and kidnap of a teen in Steubenville, Ohio, including social media’s crucial role in bringing the woman’s ordeal to the public consciousness.

Two football players have been accused of raping and kidnapping a 16-year-old girl, who was allegedly drugged, dragged to different parties, assaulted and urinated on. Much of the evidence from the investigation is focused on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts of those accused in August attack, who allegedly provided a gruesome play-by-play of the crime.

Ma’lik Richmond and Trent Mays, both 16-year-old students at Ohio’s Steubenville High School, each face one charge of rape and one charge of kidnapping. They allegedly attacked the 16-year-old girl at a party.

Mays is also accused of taking photos and a graphic video of the victim, which was posted onto YouTube. Cops say the trouble began with a tweet from Mays, who said on the micro-blogging site: “Huge party!!! Banger!!!!’

Screen-shot-2012-12-18-at-6.02.08-PM.png

Disturbing photos of the night’s events, offensive comments and a 12-minute video related to the incident were posted all over the internet.
The video, which has since been deleted, was posted onto YouTube by a Steubenville football player and was then circulated on Twitter.

The shocking pics show the victim passed out and being carried around by her wrists and ankles. The pics were allegedly circulated online. Detectives are now trawling through the online comments to search for further evidence of what happened and whether anyone else should face charges.

Screen-shot-2012-12-18-at-6.01.16-PM.png

One particularly shocking tweet, in apparent reference to the attack, said: ‘Some people deserve to be peed on.’ Another tweeter posted about the party: ‘Song of the night is definitely Rape Me by Nirvana.’

Besides appalling the small town, online conversations about the incident have left police frustrated that while people are being vocal about the attack, few have come forward to give investigators more information. Detectives are investigating reports that the girl was drugged unconscious before being taken from party to party, then raped and urinated on. The victim’s parents found her disorientated and rushed her to hospital.

Mays and Richmond, who are being detained in the Jefferson County Juvenile Detention Center, were charged with rape and kidnapping on August 24. A court hearing has not yet been set for the suspects and it has not been determined whether they will be tried as juveniles or adults. Richmond’s father, Nathaniel Richmond, has protested both boys’ innocence. He described his son as ‘a good child, an outstanding student and a credit to Steubenville High School.’

Screen-shot-2012-12-18-at-5.51.13-PM.png

Mays is a quarterback on Steubenville’s Big Red team and Richmond is a wide receiver. The team plays games at a 10,000 seat stadium and the matches are broadcast on local television.

What do you think?
tumblr_mhrbesjcOx1rqrau3o1_500.gif[img][/img]
DarthRozayVulcanRavenB_ApurpngoldBarryHallsDirty SanchezValentinez A. Kaiser

Replies

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 49,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pics of victim?

and lol @ you dont sleep through a wang in the butt. They went to town on that poor girl. She prolly took the drugs herself tho. Kids these days.
  • ImTheKangRoundHereImTheKangRoundHere Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggaz are dumb these days.why would you take pics of what you have done?knowing damn well you were going to be exposed in the future
    TheNeoShell
  • coop9889coop9889 Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck pics, who got that vid
    Cowboys 15-16 Superbowl Champs

#SayNoToBigAssSigs
    Lou_CypherBusta Carmichael purpngold
  • Billy_PonchoBilly_Poncho Vox Populi Posts: 22,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When bein on Instagram straight flexin goes wrong....
    DMIcarnalesflows515texas409
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    o well
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
  • Black Boy KingBlack Boy King Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    niggas gotta learn the importance of the word "perception".
    LPastedwardnigmaocelot
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 33,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bitch was down.

She was bussing it open for the starting QB and WR, i seen hoes buss it open for back JV players. Bitches just wanna be down with the football team
    (Really though?)
    texas409sTaY_TrUepurpngold
  • death187sindeath187sin Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    instagram was created by law enforcement. smh
    tumblr_m5a98bhwY41qgb1aio1_500.gif
    Meta_Consciouspurpngoldericb4prezValentinez A. Kaiser
  • KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownPosts: 48,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    INB4 it's all the females fault.
    Meta_Consciouspurpngoldsweetheart93haute
    females stay losing
    purpngold
  • KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownPosts: 48,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrueraPP wrote: »
    fuck all that shit she got drunk it her fault they was drunk to so what they messed up and pee on her..............................

pee not going to kill you............

Where does the article say she was drunk? What I read says that she was allegedly drugged, which judging by the pics I would find to be more believable. You'd have to be EXTREMELY drunk to pass out to the point that being dragged around to different locations wouldn't even wake you.

One of those little faggots drugged her I'm sure, and then they all acted as a bunch of animals.

They will pay and I hope the fact that they are minors doesn't stop them from being permanently branded as rapists.
    PK_TK_187Africa Unitedpurpngoldsweetheart93hauteBookworm
    edited December 2012
    bump
  • $ineedmoney$$ineedmoney$ The bushes is watchin'... Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She wuz luvin' it. It became a problem when she asked to get paid and they looked at her like...... ^#(^ =; :-??
    Kattexas409sweetheart93
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parenting fail... On multiple levels...
    LUClENKairip.dilla
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "rape happens all the time
    who cares?"

Seriously though, that is sad. I would hate to get raped.
    Thank god for this being a male shit.
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    Africa United
  • BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsPosts: 14,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They allegedly attacked the 16-year-old girl at a party.
    So she was attacked and kidnapped from one party?

I wonder what info would come to light if everything was hush hush.