SO T.I THINKS HE STARTED D - BOY RAP AKA TRAP MUSIC? LOL!!!!(KNOW YOUR HIP HOP HISTORY)

BARON_$AMEDIBARON_$AMEDI I CAN NEVER DIE!!!!!!!DEEP EAST OAKLANDPosts: 4,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in The Reason
"Trap music is a genre I created, before me there was Lil Jon, Crunk Music and Outkast."

I'm pretty sure all of you have heard his interviews as of late. I'm shocked nobody has checked him on this yet. Maybe he means he started it in atlanta because he damn sure didn't "start it". He didn't create the slang word "trap" in atlanta either. I've heard pastor troy and goodie mob, say trap years before t.i. Now T.I is the first person I heard say "trap music" but I could be wrong(somebody from the south verify please). First and foremost T.I was never really doing "trap music" as in a new way of rapping. He was just speaking on the dope game a lot on his 1st album(which was damn near a classic). T.I was making music for the trap not "trap music". D boy rap aka trap music is when you reference drug dealing/dope metaphorically in damn near all of your raps no matter what you talking about(talking in code). The 1st person to do D - boy rap aka "trap music"(started the genre) was mack 10 aka the dope dealer. The 2nd person to do it and really make the genre popular was YOUNG JEEZY. After that it was the clipse, then gucci mane, and then officer ricky. Lil wayne was even trying to to get in on the "chicken talk" for a minute too. SO NO!, T.I DIDN'T CREATE THAT GENRE OF RAP HE DIDN'T OPEN THAT LANE.

For all of the true T.I fans you know he wasn't the 1st to make music for the d - boys either. Maybe in atlanta but not the rest of the U.S.A. The true fans know T.I used to sound kinda like B.G and borrowed heavily from his rap style. It's quite obvious T.I 1st two albums was heavily influenced by "it's all on you" and "chopper city". Last but not least, cats been making music for the "trap" waaaaay before t.i. Let me give y'all ass a check list

E - 40
8 ball
C - bo aka the cow boy
Yukmouth/the luniz
Dru down
San quinn
Master P aka the ice cream man
Trick daddy
Cam'ron
fat joe aka joe crack
Ice T
raekwon
spice 1
B.G
U.G.K
etc etc(feel free to fill in the blanks)

Stewalmighty breezesatyroneILL_AnversBodhi

Replies

• b@squ1@t reduxb@squ1@t redux i can tell by your mustache youve never been involved in street activities iguana blood poseidon DNA slangin zeus dickPosts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • WishboneJonesWishboneJones Infinity- 0 Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • YapatnaJBYapatnaJB Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UGK made cocaine in the back of my ride, pocket full of stones, feds in town, fell like I'm the one doing dope.. In the early 90's they should be top 3 on every trap/d boy rapper list
    BARON_$AMEDIHyenaKillaHarlemThumzUp
  • StewStew HTTR Posts: 33,075 Regulator
    Lol niggas maaaad. Bet nobody in the industry calls him out on it. Wait they wouldve already done that
    BARON_$AMEDIYamoleySenseiBackInWhiteChicityCutler 26 INT's LOL!BetaHyenaKillamiamivice305bgoatMrCrookedLetterDMTxTHCpurpngoldrip.dillatb_
  • Fy_HunnitMzFy_HunnitMz Dat Douh Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can dig it. Malice and Ton was out way before Jeezy started poppin, tho.

Speaking of Jeezy... last time I checked he was the man in these streets.
    JDSTAYWITIT.
  • BARON_$AMEDIBARON_$AMEDI I CAN NEVER DIE!!!!!!! DEEP EAST OAKLANDPosts: 4,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    judahxulu wrote: »
    scarface started that shit... and did it better than all these new fake dope duck tale ass clowns...
    Naaa, he spoke on it but he really didn't focus on that. Face is the southern version of ice cube. Id say willie D was more of a D boy rapper than face. Big mike was on it too.
    Lol niggas maaaad. Bet nobody in the industry calls him out on it. Wait they wouldve already done that
    LOL!!!!!!! bruh, but what do you think about his claim when it is clearly false? I would love to hear your thoughts.

I can dig it. Malice and Ton was out way before Jeezy started poppin, tho.

Speaking of Jeezy... last time I checked he was the man in these streets.
    They call me residue, I leave blow on these beats.

• BackInWhiteBackInWhite Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sound like that bitch ass nigga Clifford is out here frontin like he was the first nigga to rap about dope ever in the history of history
    which would be a bold faced lie
    SOWETO
  • BARON_$AMEDIBARON_$AMEDI I CAN NEVER DIE!!!!!!! DEEP EAST OAKLANDPosts: 4,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody's ever called there music "Trap Muzik" If I recall correctly so I dont see the big deal. Maybe they did than I would stand corrected. U actin like dude came out said fuck everybody who's ever rapped about the trap. I didnt get that at all from his comments. He gives credit to the cats he looked up to all the time. Dont see an issue here, sounds like your looking too much into it.
    LOL if that's what he meant then OK. I stated this in my post did you read my O.G post? But that's not what has come out of his mouth in the last 3hunna interviews he's done. He keeps saying he made a lane" for all these other rappers talking bout slanging. He said he created the genre which led me to think that's what he meant. He didn't say it no other way for me to see it the way you do. I'm not looking too deep into those statements at all bruh. His statements are completely false except for coining the term "trap music" but even that's up for debate. Like I said, somebody from the south tell me if I'm wrong about that.

The funny thing is all the people I named that started it or was doing music for the "trap" he is a big fan of theirs. I've heard him say he's a fan of mack one oh, B.G, u.g.k back when he was running around with jazzy fay and the neptunes.

• Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 12,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    scarface started that shit... and did it better than all these new fake dope duck tale ass clowns...

This should have ended the discussion.

@7_rolls_royces

I've noticed you've no-signed this..can you explain why when this is possibly the truth?
    edited December 2012
    Nobody's ever called there music "Trap Muzik" If I recall correctly so I dont see the big deal. Maybe they did than I would stand corrected. U actin like dude came out said fuck everybody who's ever rapped about the trap. I didnt get that at all from his comments. He gives credit to the cats he looked up to all the time. Dont see an issue here, sounds like your looking too much into it.
    LOL if that's what he meant then OK. I stated this in my post did you read my O.G post? But that's not what has come out of his mouth in the last 3hunna interviews he's done. He keeps saying he made a lane" for all these other rappers talking bout slanging. He said he created the genre which led me to think that's what he meant. He didn't say it no other way for me to see it the way you do. I'm not looking too deep into those statements at all bruh. His statements are completely false except for coining the term "trap music" but even that's up for debate. Like I said, somebody from the south tell me if I'm wrong about that.

The funny thing is all the people I named that started it or was doing music for the "trap" he is a big fan of theirs. I've heard him say he's a fan of mack one oh, B.G, u.g.k back when he was running around with jazzy fay and the neptunes.

Thats what Im saying so its not like he's insulting the cats you named cause he always gives props to those that came before him. If there was anybody that COULD feel insulted it would be the Jeezy's, Ross's, Rocko's etc...but I know thats not the case cause Ive heard Jeezy literally say he wouldnt be where he was at without TI. I think the point your missing with the LANE shit is after TI blew up with Trap Muzik is when all of the rappers I just named got major deals and such. LA Reid has said plenty of times that he signed Jeezy off of the strength that he messed up by letting TI go only to see him blow up with another record label.

The word "trap" was used by most of the Dungeon Family who he looks up to and has stated many of times that he does and they never came at him about it so yea non issue here.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 48,957 Regulator
    since said before him and then he named Kast,Lil Jon and Crunk im guessing he talking about ATL
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of the ATL style, lyrics, storytelling gritty of the d-boy lifestyle that is known as Trap Music, Backbone from The Dungeon family is the father of the ATL trap music scene...And the first person I ever heard talking about the trap and using the term trap was Outkast on Aquemini Spottie Ottie
    nawledge_god

@7_rolls_royces

I've noticed you've no-signed this..can you explain why when this is possibly the truth?

Naaa, he spoke on it but he really didn't focus on that. Face is the southern version of ice cube. Id say willie D was more of a D boy rapper than face. Big mike was on it too.
    so yeah non issue here, leave my man alone -icecoldstew
    Basically, he just beat around the bush just like t.i did when asked about him getting out of jail super fast when he shouldn't have. Look at his last post, he really didn't focus on what I was saying or what clearly came out of t.i. mouth.

@HLF

You getting real shady teamish outchea right about now. Jeezy is the one who made the d- boy rap "popular" and sparked all these other cats to do it. The clipse kicked it of too lol.

Stew
    edited December 2012

@7_rolls_royces

Basically, he just beat around the bush just like t.i did when asked about him getting out of jail super fast when he shouldn't have. Look at his last post, he really didn't focus on what I was saying or what clearly came out of t.i. mouth.

@HLF

You getting real shady teamish outchea right about now. Jeezy is the one who made the d- boy rap "popular" and sparked all these other cats to do it. The clipse kicked it of too lol.

Nigga u asked me how I felt about it. I told you. What dont you understand about what I said or are you going to be a troll and call names like the rest of the ignorant people?
    waterproof wrote: »
    So Rick Ross, T.I., Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy should pay homage to the creator of the trap music Backbone, and T.I. as a fan of the dungeon family and who tried to become a member of the collective shoulda know better shit than that

Guess youve never heard him pay homage to Dungeon Family before?
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Rick Ross, T.I., Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy should pay homage to the creator of the trap music Backbone, and T.I. as a fan of the dungeon family and who tried to become a member of the collective shoulda know better shit than that
    edited December 2012
    since said before him and then he named Kast,Lil Jon and Crunk im guessing he talking about ATL
    That's what I was thinking but then he came nd said he created the "genre" and made that "lane" which is totally false. T.I 1st album you can hear a heavy influence of B.G and mack 10.

In terms of the ATL style, lyrics, storytelling gritty of the d-boy lifestyle that is known as Trap Music, Backbone from The Dungeon family is the father of the ATL trap music scene...And the first person I ever heard talking about the trap and using the term trap was Outkast on Aquemini Spottie Ottie
    Well damn, I wasn't really up on back bone like that. I just remember him from that one song "5 duce fo traaaay". Post up some shit before that from him. The 1st time I heard trap was from D.F members myself.

@7_rolls_royces

@HLF

Nigga u asked me how I felt about it. I told you. What dont you understand about what I said or are you going to be a troll and call names like the rest of the ignorant people?
    LOL I asked your opinion about him saying he created the "genre" and opened the "lane". This means that he "started it" which is false. You started going all left field and didn't speak on that directly. You were talking about t.i "insulting" people or some shit which had nothing to do with my original post. I was speaking on him talking out his ass.

This is the same thing as big sean talking about he created that that flow luda and others been doing(the super dupa flow) lol. Nobody here is trolling except for t.i and maybe you.

Go back and look at your responses and they look very shady teamish.

That's what I was thinking but then he came nd said he created the "genre" and made that "lane" which is totally false. T.I 1st album you can hear a heavy influence of B.G and mack 10.

Well damn, I wasn't really up on back bone like that. I just remember him from that one song "5 duce fo traaaay". Post up some shit before that from him. The 1st time I heard trap was from D.F members myself.

@7_rolls_royces

@HLF

LOL I asked your opinion about him saying he created the "genre" and opened the "lane". This means that he "started it" which is false. You started going all left field and didn't speak on that directly. You were talking about t.i "insulting" people or some shit which had nothing to do with my original post. I was speaking on him talking out his ass.

This is the same thing as big sean talking about he created that that flow luda and others been doing(the super dupa flow) lol. Nobody here is trolling except for t.i and maybe you.

Go back and look at your responses and they look very shady teamish.

Clearly I spoke on the lane issue(see the underline in the post?). I said the other shit cause that's how your post sounds, like he's insulting those rappers that you named. If he did say he started a "genre" than that's just dumb cause it would be considered a sub genre of rap. I'm assuming he said it cause nobody else called their music "Trap Muzik" like I said in my first post. If I'm wrong feel free to prove me wrong.
  • SWAMPGODSWAMPGOD 5 Star Stunna In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    Simply rappin about dope is not trap rap
    Try explaining this to HLF lol.