I saw this shit and had nowhere to post it NWO was strong.........

TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle

Replies

• VIBEVIBE Aww! It's a new day, yes, it is! Posts: 42,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The documentary is on Netflix now.
    nWo ruled the world

Too bad WCW ended up going into the shit hole, they had everything going right for a while.
  • Crude_Crude_ Legend Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best wrestling stable of all time IMO.

To bad they kept pushing it until it got stale and the NWO was like 90% of the WCW wrestlers.

WCW had other up and coming stars to that weren't utilized to their full potential like Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, etc.
    VIBE
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 54,187 Regulator
    WCW became NWO
    VIBEP swayze166genocidecutter
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,634 Regulator
    The one thing nWo and WCW was missing was a stable to challenge the nWo. It was just them beating niggas up for two hours every week, that shit got boring. They needed a rival stable to go to war with, a rival stable to challenge their dominance.

And fuck WWE for making that documentary an hour long. Watched it on Netflix last night...smh
    P swayze166genocidecutter
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    watched the doc when it came out, as a kid i aint realize, but niggas really was gettin outta hand lettin everybody in there, disco inferno LMAO
    VIBEP swayze166
  • TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NWO Japan.......
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep Time Posts: 20,123 Regulator
    the nWo youtube channel makes a better DVD
    VIBEElguaposaucegenocidecutter
    Caught the full nWo shit, it was wack.

I didn't realize though how many people just jumped aboard the train. They got too full of themselves and killed the nWo. They should've kept it at 3 minimum - 6/7 max. All that extra shit was not needed.

nWo could still be alive today if they didnt recruit all of WCW. Props to Booker for not getting in.
    P swayze166
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 20,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole set was wack. Documentary was wack, match selection was wack (except DDP/Savage).

I've always been more of a Horseman fan myself but the nWo was cool....for about 6 months then niggas like Scott Norton and Virgil started joining up and it was all downhill
    P swayze166iKingGodGivBizVIBE
  • P swayze166P swayze166 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat impact woat longevity......if it wasn't for sting being the crow that shit would of got stale in like 3 months at best.

Still a great time in wrestling, happy I was at an age where I could enjoy it and now look back at it, feel bad for these kids today with whatever they put on WWF etc, shit sucks.
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 18,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once Sting who was the face of WCW joined then it was a wrap. When people like Scott Norton, IRS,Horace Hogan and Disco Inferno joining just put a nail in the coffin. But 1996 to the end of 1997 was the GOAT in wrestling
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nwo
    nwo wolfpack
    nwo latino
    nwo japan
    nwo dancers
    etc
    etc
    genocidecutter
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 54,187 Regulator
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it lost the point of what the nWo was supposed to be about and jus became a power trip between Hogan and Nash.
    if they woulda kept the original premise intact it coulda worked out better

as it dragged on it became the worst type of stable, a stable for the sake of having a stable. a stable with no purpose.

a stable is supposed to be a group of guys who challenge for belts and maintain belts at any cost.
    2 - tag champs
    1 - top belt guy
    1 - mid level belt guy
    1 - gimmick belt guy like a cruiserweight/hardcore/tv title
    1 - manager

thats 6 guys and 4 if u leave off the last 2 guys.

when u have 25 guys in a stable you defeat the purpose.
    you cant have 8 guys all claiming to be in the same stable but all competing for the tv title.
    shit jus makes no sense
    P swayze166
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,634 Regulator
    This epic match. I swear to God, Hogan hulking up after all those years was awesome

P swayze166dalyricalbandit
  • OGClarenceBoddickerOGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NWO Japan went hard, Muta that nigga, it died for me when wolfpac came out
    JokerKinggenocidecutter
  • s_a_m_r_i_os_a_m_r_i_o Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell I didn't even know Dusty Rhodes was in the nWo. I watched it on Netflix too and thank goodness I didn't buy it. Best to watch all the youtube videos. The 4 Horseman parody they did still is classic, which DX bit off of trying to joke on Nation Of Domination.
    VIBE
  • JYo79JYo79 Posts: 301
    It should've been just Hogan,Hall,Nash, Steiner,Six, and Savage. Should've disbanded once Sting beat Hogan at Starrcade. They also should've put over Benoit, Eddie, Jericho, and Mysterio from time to time.
  • ElguaposauceElguaposauce The Danish OG Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, the NWO storyline made DDP seem like the next big thing.
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, the NWO storyline made DDP seem like the next big thing.

yep
    i became a fan of DDP during that time because it was cool to see him come out wit the taped up ribs and fight off a whole ring of guys

sting needed a bat.
    all DDP used was punches, kicks, and the diamond cutter......from anywhere
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NWO should have ended at starrcade
    genocidecutter
    smh at how wack NWO was in WWE
    VIBE
    smh at how wack NWO was in WWE

Vince thought he could capitalize on what it once was, too bad it was way too played out.

Although I will say, when it first came to the WWE, I was hype. The disease/cancer thing was cool, then it was stale once again, especially because they were just too old, flabby and fat.

• TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    The nwo 2000 w/ Bret Hart and Jeff Jarrett was the WOAT

2001.jpg
    RawAcegenocidecutter