What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

I saw this shit and had nowhere to post it NWO was strong.........

TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle

Replies

• VIBEVIBE Posts: 52,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The documentary is on Netflix now.
    nWo ruled the world

Too bad WCW ended up going into the shit hole, they had everything going right for a while.
  • Crude_Crude_ Legend Posts: 19,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best wrestling stable of all time IMO.

To bad they kept pushing it until it got stale and the NWO was like 90% of the WCW wrestlers.

WCW had other up and coming stars to that weren't utilized to their full potential like Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, etc.
    VIBE
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 66,132 Regulator
    WCW became NWO
    VIBEP swayze166genocidecutter
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 43,150 Regulator
    The one thing nWo and WCW was missing was a stable to challenge the nWo. It was just them beating niggas up for two hours every week, that shit got boring. They needed a rival stable to go to war with, a rival stable to challenge their dominance.

And fuck WWE for making that documentary an hour long. Watched it on Netflix last night...smh
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    P swayze166genocidecutter
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Posts: 32,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    watched the doc when it came out, as a kid i aint realize, but niggas really was gettin outta hand lettin everybody in there, disco inferno LMAO
    Spodee-Revenge

Iamsu!-Compound

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

Yall want a thug or a black militant repping your culture but 90% of you had a life too good or privileged to relate to your ideal hip hop "legend". Niggas wanna be hard without being that hard themselves as compensation
    please don't argue, cuz if u say sum stupid i will question it and u will act like a victim, happens every time lol
    VIBEP swayze166
  • TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NWO Japan.......
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz What title? Posts: 29,006 Regulator
    the nWo youtube channel makes a better DVD

New AHH Battle Rap Forum
    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/the-battle-rap-zone
    Karma es verdad.
    VIBECymicaldanegenocidecutter
    Caught the full nWo shit, it was wack.

I didn't realize though how many people just jumped aboard the train. They got too full of themselves and killed the nWo. They should've kept it at 3 minimum - 6/7 max. All that extra shit was not needed.

nWo could still be alive today if they didnt recruit all of WCW. Props to Booker for not getting in.
    P swayze166
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 29,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole set was wack. Documentary was wack, match selection was wack (except DDP/Savage).

I've always been more of a Horseman fan myself but the nWo was cool....for about 6 months then niggas like Scott Norton and Virgil started joining up and it was all downhill
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    P swayze166iKingGodGivBizVIBE
  • P swayze166P swayze166 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat impact woat longevity......if it wasn't for sting being the crow that shit would of got stale in like 3 months at best.

Still a great time in wrestling, happy I was at an age where I could enjoy it and now look back at it, feel bad for these kids today with whatever they put on WWF etc, shit sucks.
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once Sting who was the face of WCW joined then it was a wrap. When people like Scott Norton, IRS,Horace Hogan and Disco Inferno joining just put a nail in the coffin. But 1996 to the end of 1997 was the GOAT in wrestling
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nwo
    nwo wolfpack
    nwo latino
    nwo japan
    nwo dancers
    etc
    etc
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    genocidecutter
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 66,132 Regulator
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it lost the point of what the nWo was supposed to be about and jus became a power trip between Hogan and Nash.
    if they woulda kept the original premise intact it coulda worked out better

as it dragged on it became the worst type of stable, a stable for the sake of having a stable. a stable with no purpose.

a stable is supposed to be a group of guys who challenge for belts and maintain belts at any cost.
    2 - tag champs
    1 - top belt guy
    1 - mid level belt guy
    1 - gimmick belt guy like a cruiserweight/hardcore/tv title
    1 - manager

thats 6 guys and 4 if u leave off the last 2 guys.

when u have 25 guys in a stable you defeat the purpose.
    you cant have 8 guys all claiming to be in the same stable but all competing for the tv title.
    shit jus makes no sense
    P swayze166
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 43,150 Regulator
    This epic match. I swear to God, Hogan hulking up after all those years was awesome

Fuck you, I'm a mod
    P swayze166dalyricalbandit
  • OGClarenceBoddickerOGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NWO Japan went hard, Muta that nigga, it died for me when wolfpac came out
    Your official feelings catcher of the IC for the 2013-2014 posting season.- Pat Summerall voice

"CHICKENS LIKE THE WING STOP....NIGGA TRIED TO KILL ME BUT I HAD THE THING COCKED...THEY THINK I KNOW THE VOOODOOO..HOW THEY KEEP SHOWIN MY GHOST ON THEY CHANNEL TOO"

"Det Duck gon have tuh come up outta hih fay"- Alley Boy

"These hoes love me like Satan, Aaannn haan"- Tunechi

"Blood love, nigga"- Birdman

"Yung Kee left me in a cold world, Ya killa locked up, So that mean I got ta kill his lil girl"- OG Boo Dirty

"How Tommy and them supposed to Tootsie Roll to this, Gina"- Martin

"Piss on Dusty!"- Ole Anderson

Joker_De_La_Lovergenocidecutter
  • s_a_m_r_i_os_a_m_r_i_o Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell I didn't even know Dusty Rhodes was in the nWo. I watched it on Netflix too and thank goodness I didn't buy it. Best to watch all the youtube videos. The 4 Horseman parody they did still is classic, which DX bit off of trying to joke on Nation Of Domination.
    VIBE
  • JYo79JYo79 Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    It should've been just Hogan,Hall,Nash, Steiner,Six, and Savage. Should've disbanded once Sting beat Hogan at Starrcade. They also should've put over Benoit, Eddie, Jericho, and Mysterio from time to time.
  • CymicaldaneCymicaldane The Danish OG Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, the NWO storyline made DDP seem like the next big thing.
    The one and only truly original Danish poster on the IC
    a-tribe-called-quest-o.gif GIFSoup
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, the NWO storyline made DDP seem like the next big thing.

yep
    i became a fan of DDP during that time because it was cool to see him come out wit the taped up ribs and fight off a whole ring of guys

sting needed a bat.
    all DDP used was punches, kicks, and the diamond cutter......from anywhere
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NWO should have ended at starrcade
    genocidecutter
    smh at how wack NWO was in WWE
    VIBE
    smh at how wack NWO was in WWE

Vince thought he could capitalize on what it once was, too bad it was way too played out.

Although I will say, when it first came to the WWE, I was hype. The disease/cancer thing was cool, then it was stale once again, especially because they were just too old, flabby and fat.

• TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    The nwo 2000 w/ Bret Hart and Jeff Jarrett was the WOAT

2001.jpg
    RawAcegenocidecutter