Big K.R.I.T. - Rich Dad, Poor Dad (Music Video)

twentyfivelighterstwentyfivelighters Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the best songs off the album...
P. TownKINGECinfamous114NothingButTheTruthMrCrookedLettervslykegenocidecutterConfidential Playaaladdin1978bgoatWild SelfAlready Home_17A1000MILES

Replies

• YamoleySenseiYamoleySensei Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I think I might check out dude's album....I've only heard a handful of Krit songs and I've been impressed so far.
    NothingButTheTruth
  • twentyfivelighterstwentyfivelighters Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamoley wrote: »
    I think I might check out dude's album....I've only heard a handful of Krit songs and I've been impressed so far.

The album was disappointing compared to some of his mixtapes. But the album still has some jewels like this one.
    NothingButTheTruth
  • southernmadesouthernmade Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out Krit wuz here, Return of 4eva, and 4eva N A Day before you listen to the album so you can start out a fan lol.....the album is good I just don't think it's on par with his mixAlbums
  • mdotmdot Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked his album I've never heard the mixtapes. This is one of the stronger songs on the album along with Porch Light.
    bgoat
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope song/video

Yea check his mixtapes first. The album's good but not as good as his mixtapes.
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I'm guess I'm only one who thought the album was better than the mixtapes.

The mixtapes were too raw and the songs were too similar IMO. Also, the mixtape songs were more spoken word than actual rapping.

I Got This >>>
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Hey young world, I'm the new Slick Rick Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ima need a video for Praying Man, that shit would be dope as fuck
    twentyfivelightersKNiGHTSbgoatandre_1024
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beautiful track,
    but way to drop the ball DefJam
  • almighty breezealmighty breeze Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

he reached out to Spike Lee on twitter to direct it. pleaded his case through tweets and all. no word on what spike said
  • almighty breezealmighty breeze Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out Krit wuz here, Return of 4eva, and 4eva N A Day before you listen to the album so you can start out a fan lol.....the album is good I just don't think it's on par with his mixAlbums

i think the contrary. listen to the album first then listen to the mixtape so he can really see the difference
    KRITs budget and execution is what stalled the album from being more than just "good"

Incomplete concepts, it wasnt as dynamic as his mixtapes.
    The A&R/Underground theme was completely abandoned mid development
    The car jacking/DJ saved my life theme made no sense b/c there was no follow up. Idk what went on but KRIT usually pays more attention to detail than that. i put it on budgeting until further notice

MrCrookedLetter
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Hey young world, I'm the new Slick Rick Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

he reached out to Spike Lee on twitter to direct it. pleaded his case through tweets and all. no word on what spike said

Good shit, I don't see why Spike would have an issue with it, hopefully it comes to pass

Good shit, I don't see why Spike would have an issue with it, hopefully it comes to pass

Besides the fact it's a music video I don't see why he wouldn't do it either....he hasn't done one of those since fight the power with public enemy
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭
    Needs to be more powerful. I get what he is saying which is his dad gave him knowledge, wisdom, understanding, but something is missing. I think he needs to come harder personally.
    RawAce

i think the contrary. listen to the album first then listen to the mixtape so he can really see the difference
    KRITs budget and execution is what stalled the album from being more than just "good"

The car jacking/DJ saved my life theme made no sense b/c there was no follow up. Idk what went on but KRIT usually pays more attention to detail than that. i put it on budgeting until further notice

@bolded, when I first got this album I was hyped from the Intro 'til about the sixth track. The little skit at the end of the second track was GREAT, it was setting the path for the rest of the album and matched the concept perfectly. With the fourth and fifth tracks being his lead singles I was ok with him putting them in that order... but then it just went downhill. I was disappointed that he didn't do this album as a concept. It would've been great.

@bolded, when I first got this album I was hyped from the Intro 'til about the sixth track. The little skit at the end of the second track was GREAT, it was setting the path for the rest of the album and matched the concept perfectly. With the fourth and fifth tracks being his lead singles I was ok with him putting them in that order... but then it just went downhill. I was disappointed that he didn't do this album as a concept. It would've been great.

I don't know bro I thought that "I'm from cadilladica" skit was kind of corny.....
    vslyke
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GaryDeanoGaryDeano Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    i wonder why the south aint behind this dude fully like wtf
    Wild Self
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because there's no real movement in Mississippi, and he's clearly cut from a different cloth.
    GaryDeanosoul rattler
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched You're favorite melanin enriched gentleman Posts: 20,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    GaryDeano wrote: »

Seen our literacy rates? I was riding with some of my folks and this literally came out of my homegirls mouth: "it's too many words in these songs. It's like he from New York." Everybody cosigned.

I looked around like, "Who the fuck am I friends with?"

No simple-ass lyrics with a catchy hook = too complex for down here I guess.

Plus, I think people slick think he's trying to sound like Pimp C instead of appreciating what's being said.

You should have sand hook'd them to avoid them reproducing.
    BarryHallsaladdin1978Wild Self
  • Confidential PlayaConfidential Playa Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of niggas down here fuck with Krit.

I can't speak for the rest of the south but Texas fucks with him tough.
  • GaryDeanoGaryDeano Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012

Seen our literacy rates? I was riding with some of my folks and this literally came out of my homegirls mouth: "it's too many words in these songs. It's like he from New York." Everybody cosigned.

Plus, I think people slick think he's trying to sound like Pimp C instead of appreciating what's being said.

that's crazy, because i remember hearing on the radio in Houston a few yrs back, and some djs were talking about why they don't play nas's music on the radio. it was basically the same thing you just said, i wish i could have recorded that shit.

ya he did remind me of pimp c in a few songs

goddamn...

killing_zpsf101a164.jpg
    genocidecutterKNiGHTSA1000MILES
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford The Trill Dog Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. K.R.I.T>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.