"BRUCE LEE WAS NOT THE GREATEST MARTIAL ARTS MASTER OF ALL TIME" - Steven Segal

SMH... Out of all time? That can be debated. Anyone up on martial arts history can tell you about masters like Miyamoto Musashi and Bodhidharma; but as far as the Twentieth Century is concerned, nobody is touching on the philosophies that Bruce practiced with the martial arts...
Ajackson17Bcotton5BK Productsouthsil4lil

Replies

• jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 18,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seagal certainly aint the one to make such a claim. Its difficult to say, Bruce wasn't fightin on camera and not many demonstrations exist.
    Lou_CypherAjackson17LUClEN
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 51,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not but his dedication, work ethic and legendary feats are hard pressed to be matched.. he was the total package.. hell he turned martial arts on its ear with his acceptance of all forms of the art his philosophies and jeet kun do
    P swayze166
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miyamoto Musashi and Bodhidharma are great Masters and i will also throw in Morihei Ueshiba.

But for the 20th Century you have to name BRUCE LEE and Gene Lebell
    Ajackson17
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 52,363 Regulator
    Steven been doint M.A for over 50 yrs so he done seen thousands of folks who might've been iller so i cant call out on this.

Lee might've been GOAT on screen Martial artist tho
    Ajackson17Bender RodriguezDWO
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 51,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are being naive to not recognize his impact beyond the screen
    Ajackson17P swayze166traestarBK Product
  • ocelotocelot Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only go off of his movie when dude broke Lee's back and Lee got him back... He the GOAT in my book
    RawAceP swayze166
  • Abraxas Abraxas ....Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Modern day influence? Number One. there is no debate in this aspect. In terms of Skill? no where even close to #1. in order to gauge such things, you have to actually have an idea of what the overall potential of a human being even is. I can tell you from experience that absolutely none of you riding for Bruce Lee even have an idea.
    Ajackson17
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 28,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruce Lee made me want to be a ninja when i was little.

Still do tbh.
  • perspective@100perspective@100 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭✭
    he's right. bruce wasn't a master. he was just a really good philosopher.
    Jeet Kun Do is a fucking philosophy... not a got damn art

It was actually art, and philosophy combined. He took from different styles and said that any particular style only limits you. He believed in full expression of the body during combat.

The fact that we can put him in this arguement with out as much as seeing a real fight says a lot.
    The art of fighting without fighting
    Meroe wrote: »
    In Modern day influence? Number One. there is no debate in this aspect. In terms of Skill? no where even close to #1. in order to gauge such things, you have to actually have an idea of what the overall potential of a human being even is. I can tell you from experience that absolutely none of you riding for Bruce Lee even have an idea.

Have some idea. Bruce had pretty fast arms and legs and could do a 2 finger pushup and had a crazy 1 inch punch. He took his body to the limits for training. He used microcurrents to stimulate his reflexes and used headphones with sound distractions to further his concentration. Along with body building and hours and hours of endurance training. He ate raw meat smooothies for maximum protein intake. He was on another level, but I get what your saying and no one can definitively say otherwise.

P swayze166freshb651Still Cool Beans
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 47,283 Regulator
    we say bruce was fast because he was faster than the cameras that were being made at the time.

jeet kun do is a philosophy my nigga, all these western "practitioners" be lying.
    it's basically telling you to be well rounded, dont stop at one art, take on multiple.

how can multiple disciplines be called one discipline?
    Ajackson17blakfyahkingzombieAmotekunDWO
  • south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me guess he probably thinks it's his fat rolly polly ass Lmao, shut the fuck up Steven!
    rip.dilla
  • lion_heartlion_heart Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭✭
    Who was the nigga who choked Steven out and had him shit his pants?
    bankrupt ballerrip.dillaearth two superman
  • The guy who made Steven shit on himself was "Judo" Gene LeBelle. That dude is a bas muthafucka... Pink Gi and all. He even tutored Ronda Rousey.
    JokerKing
    edited December 2012
    delete please