Why are more people not using Digi+Phonics from TDE?

yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
I remember making a similar thread and people seemed to believe they wanted all their in-house to really only work with TDE artists and I knew that was not right. They all work with people outside of TDE, but no one with any name on a major label. I know WIllie B has submitted beats for Wale, but I must ask... why are not more rappers with major deals going after the production from Digi+Phonics?

Sounwave
Tae Beast
DJ Dave
Willie B

Replies

• BabaaaBabaaa Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭
    'Cause it aint too many rappers out there who can handle a Digi+Phonics beat...
    Fy_HunnitMzPimpMVPRubato GarciaROZAYTABERNACLE
  • Fy_HunnitMzFy_HunnitMz Dat Douh Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Babaaa wrote: »

Probably
  • damayor187damayor187 Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    probably because most rappers would rather use a reason pack or fl pack and make their own quick 2 minute beat then pay for a well produced beat.
    Fy_HunnitMzAggyAF
  • Fy_HunnitMzFy_HunnitMz Dat Douh Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damayor187 wrote: »
    probably because most rappers would rather use a reason pack or fl pack and make their own quick 2 minute beat then pay for a well produced beat.

maybe
  • poindexter2poindexter2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

This and contractual reasons as well. Sounwave got some placements on kendrick's album, so he should be good, don't know about the rest of them
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

A dope beat is a dope beat, a lot of rappers can handle a dope beat. I would think maybe more people are uppity about it. I just don't think artists are reaching out.

damayor187 wrote: »

I asked a couple for pricing and they are reasonable, but one of them told me his pricing depends on who is asking...so someone with a budget may have to pay more.

This and contractual reasons as well. Sounwave got some placements on kendrick's album, so he should be good, don't know about the rest of them

Sounwave is Kendrick's go-to guy, much like Tae Beast is Ab's go-to guy. I don't see any of them pricing out their value. It just seems odd.
  • AggyAFAggyAF duppy know who fi frighten Posts: 24,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, maybe before Kendrick's album the masses won't checking for them

Other artists were listening though.

Idk, I think its good they are staying more inhouse, in fact I see a lot of rappers staying inhouse more
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe, they just waitin on that right track to hit em, u can like a producer's beats and not necessarily think its wat u need for ur project

Idk, I think its good they are staying more inhouse, in fact I see a lot of rappers staying inhouse more

They work with anybody who is willing to work with them, TDE is not telling them they can't.

maybe, they just waitin on that right track to hit em, u can like a producer's beats and not necessarily think its wat u need for ur project

That's true...but everybody?

They work with anybody who is willing to work with them, TDE is not telling them they can't.

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying may be its good they are oversaturated themselves

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying may be its good they are oversaturated themselves

Naw, I don't think the production team is over-saturated.