Bleacher Report Ranks Every Pro Wrestling Game For The OG Playstation

Replies

• Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they kinda hated on anarchy rulz imo.
    genocidecutter
  • dandcttdandctt Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    WCW/NWO Thunder sucked and should be last.

Backstage Assault shouldn't be ranked, how does a wrestling game not even have a wrestling ring?

Anarchy Rulz should be higher.

But yeah Smackdown 1 & 2 were the best by far.

PS Wrestling games were pretty horrible looking back.
  • TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 5,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

dropping this again for purposes on this thread....

Lol that wcw/nwo thunder game was terrible lol.... I remember being hyped about renting it from the video store in like '97 or '98..... Put that shit in the PS1 and it was one of the most disappointing moments of my life... SMH.......
    genocidecutterTRILLip BrooksTheBoyRo
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 11,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh at them not naming Fire pro wrestling G
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrestlemania 2000
    Wcw nwo revenge
    Here comes the pain>>>>>>>>
  • The list was PS1 games only (US releases). I would have swapped Power Move Wrestling and WCW Mayhem and moved Backstage Assault to the end. Other than that the list is pretty legit.
  • bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no mercy for n64>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Siqnih Da Trapper
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Damn PS1 had some trash wrestling games. Smackdown 2 was fucking terrible . The acclaim joints were the best wrestling games on the ps overall. Smackdown was meh the move sets were so limited. N64 wrestling games shitted all over playstation's.
    genocidecutter
  • VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did they only do PS1 titles? They should've done it overall.
    iKingGodGivBiz
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea, n64 games were better, but back in the day i couldnt help but think them games were tight lol, wcw vs the world was underrated, glad they ranked it high
  • dandcttdandctt Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Might as well rank the N64 games

Top 5

1. WWF No Mercy
    2. Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
    3. WWF WrestleMania 2000
    4. WCW/NWO Revenge
    5. WCW/NWO World Tour
    genocidecutteriKingGodGivBiz
  • ElguaposauceElguaposauce The Danish OG Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Backstage Assault remains a guilty pleasure of mine. If only because it was the first game to feature Stacy Kiebler <3
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheIraq wrote: »

dropping this again for purposes on this thread....

Lol that wcw/nwo thunder game was terrible lol.... I remember being hyped about renting it from the video store in like '97 or '98..... Put that shit in the PS1 and it was one of the most disappointing moments of my life... SMH.......

I had this game, hand down the worst game ever. There were no good Wcw games on playstation
    genocidecutterTheIraq
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 11,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn PS1 had some trash wrestling games. Smackdown 2 was fucking terrible . The acclaim joints were the best wrestling games on the ps overall. Smackdown was meh the move sets were so limited. N64 wrestling games shitted all over playstation's.

Naw son Smackdown 2 was crack

Naw son Smackdown 2 was crack

Naw Son it was wack as fuck I guess niggas don't remember the sim screen during career mode that shit was the

worst . Shit was such a step backward from what I was used to playing on N64 with the AKI/THQ games .
  • The load screens and meter fights on the Smackdown 2 season mode were annoying as hell but the rest of the game was great.
    only way smackdown 2 could possibly be wack is if u dont have patience or u were already diehard team n64, for ps1 wrestling games, what is possibly better?
    genocidecutter
    acclaim wwf games were cool/aight back then but wack in hindsight, the movement never was fluid or realistic, and limited move sets on smackdown? i think u mean warzone and attitude, anarchy rulz the best acclaim wrestling game imo, and thats just attitude wit more moves and fire tables
  • ElguaposauceElguaposauce The Danish OG Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SD 2 could have been a hellofalot worse than it was. The CAW mode was superior to the first game. The PPV mode was also fun. I had the funniest birthday bash ever with three of my friends (who are not wrestling fans at all) coming over and playing, so i think its a fair judgement.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smackdown 2 was wack...
    lookdude
    Compared to AKI/THQ the movesets were limited at least the acclaim joints gave me a totally different experience voice acted catchphases and each wrestler played differently , barbed wired gimmick matches etc .
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smackdown 2 was a godsend for a kid who only had a ps1 at the time.
    It was only so many times you can play Attitude.

Wrestlemania 2000 forced me to get a N64.
    I didnt even start back playing playstation until GTA 3 came out
  • VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WWF No Mercy & SmackDown! Here Comes The Pain are the GOAT wrestling games.
    RawAce wrote: »
    Smackdown 2 was a godsend for a kid who only had a ps1 at the time.
    It was only so many times you can play Attitude.

Wrestlemania 2000 forced me to get a N64.
    I didnt even start back playing playstation until GTA 3 came out

Well shit was opposite for me , I got WCW/NWO Revenge then Wrestlemania 2000 my N64 broke a few months before No Mercy came out . So I got a PS and had rented smackdown and my sister got me Smackdown 2 for my birthday . That shit was like going from eating filet mignon to eating spam with nice gimmick matches . at least a nigga had Front Mission 3.
    genocidecutter
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why didnt u jus get another 64?
    I got a 64 because it was so cheap at the time.
    It was when they came out wit them Ice/Crystal colors and them on sale.
    My mom got us two of them. One for my lil brothers and one jus for me to play WM 2000 on.
    VIBE