Should Joey Bada$$ sign to the Roc?

LV_DonLV_Don Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
You've all heard the rumours...is signing with Jay the best career move for him??

I'd say yes....IF he gets a release date this could turn out similar to the success that Kendrick had after signing with Dre...or even J Cole with Jay.

Thoughts??
Pico

Replies

• Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 7,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that would be a great move
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask Jay Elect...
    iKingGodGivBiz
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Jay Elect not dropping bc that nigga lazy. He could easyily drop songs at will if he wanted in this day and age.
    It could work for him bc it's all about touring. so he will definitely have his name out there.
    5th Letter
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nigga 16 and I don't know not one person around his age that fuck with him. All I see is old hip-hop ass niggas praise him trying to relive the 90's. Naw, he'd be a waste of money. It won't be like no damn Kendrick Lamar who can creatively make music folk can feel and still get play in the club and radio. Don't nobody wanna hear no boring ass Joey Bada$$ and if ya'll honest with ya'll self ya'll know it. Be realistic. And flag me, wack me, feelings me, I don't give a fuuucccck
    Meta_Conscious5th LetterYamoleySenseiBuilt 4 cuban linxclairvoyancelookdudesatyroneidoitforhiphop10MrCrookedLettergoldenjaiKingGodGivBizIceBergTaylorIgot5onitAlready Home_17AggyAFyeah i rap so don't SneakDZADisciplined InSightt_m_a_c_f_a_n73088The Recipepurpngold
    Tell that nigga sign to YMCMB, he can trip Birdman bushes with T-Streetz and Gudda Gudda
    5th Letter
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    The nigga 16 and I don't know not one person around his age that fuck with him. All I see is old hip-hop ass niggas praise him trying to relive the 90's. Naw, he'd be a waste of money. It won't be like no damn Kendrick Lamar who can creatively make music folk can feel and still get play in the club and radio. Don't nobody wanna hear no boring ass Joey Bada$$ and if ya'll honest with ya'll self ya'll know it. Be realistic. And flag me, wack me, feelings me, I don't give a fuuucccck

You're a yokel who doesn't leave your block... No one cares what ppl u know fuck with...

Feelings caught
    Meta_ConsciousSneakDZA
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,727 Regulator

Word Jay should sign Lil Mouse instead.
    The RecipeMeta_ConsciousP. TownDisciplined InSightshtoopid
  • YamoleySenseiYamoleySensei Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO!!!

why? because I forgot Jay Electronica was signed to Roc Nation.
    The Recipe
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

this song raw as fucc
    Lord Ether
  • G MackG Mack Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime you got white folks believing this early in the game, you headed in the right direction....hopefully his career doesn't get mismanaged ie Ali Vegas
    mohamed
  • mohamedmohamed Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭✭
    He does have that hipster thing going for him so he might have a legit fanbase. If he does sign to a major hopefully he doesnt compromise his artist integrity.
  • BackInWhiteBackInWhite Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ptown right tho
    ain't nobody feelin lil dude but nostalgic muhfuckas stuck in the 90s
    lil bruh don't make shit like kendrick that's creative, lyrical and, most importantly, entertaining as well
    he just does original cover songs, if you will, that drives these old heads crazy
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he did rap for jay i think
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully he does, maybe he can teach J Cole how to pick beats.
    GhostdenithegawdR.D.TheRicanKingOGClarenceBoddickert_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and some of yall was saying that same shit about kendrick j.cole ect
    idoitforhiphop10Already Home_17Breezy_Kilroy
  • lookdudelookdude Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

He should just keep it independent like Mac miller
    R.D.
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be a great look for him. He just needs to find a way to keep his underground fanbase, and still crossover. Who better to help him do that than hov.
  • MF_DoomervilleMF_Doomerville Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He should sign to GOOD and have Kanye give him beats that are very similar to commons BE records.
    Meta_Conscious
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched You're favorite melanin enriched gentleman Posts: 20,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    won't work.
  • Davis eyebrowDavis eyebrow Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »

So ur comparing Mouse to Joey? I don't know if Mouse should be offended
    Jamaica wrote: »

Damn you done caught feelings.
    Meta_Conscious5th Letter
  • a_lista_list Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could work.....If Jay would actually be involved with the actual process of making the album.....The game is missing that executive producer element old.....