What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official "Natural Beauty" Thread

124»

Replies

• geechee slimgeechee slim I bomb atomicly with socrates philosophies and hypothesis Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue magic hair grease
    Coco butter lotion
    Toothpaste
    Geechee Slim, Geechee Goo
    Geechee Me, Geechee YOU!

BARTRON!
  • BlackCatBlackCat Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Khaleesi;6654612"

I've observed that my hair is a bit dryer than it was when I used to straighten bi-weekly... & using oils makes my hair feel clumpy & nasty within a few days. Not sure what to do about this.

Products I use: Cantu shea butter, hawaiian silk spray, Jamaican castor oil, some other oil that I can't remember right now, creme of nature leave in conditioner, creme of nature shampoo, suave keratin conditioner, & Avanti silicon mix for my deep conditioning treatments.

Ofcourse I don't use all at once, my staple products that I use throughout the week are the shea butter, creme of nature leave-in.[/quote]
    My hair is natural but I blow dry it and straighten it when I'm busy with school and work so I can only wash it once every week as opposed to washing it every other day when I leave it curly. I've noticed it started to get dry when I wash it often now that it summer, so I started putting EVOO for one hour prior to shampooing. I've also switched to Redken moisturizing shampoo and conditioners. It's a bit pricy but try to stack on the jumbo sizes when they put them on sale. It's well worth it and lasts long. Trust me I wash my hair two to three times a week unless it's straight. If you put oil, try to put it only on your scalp using a qtip over night and put a little drop on your palms and rub it around your hair. It will be nicely soft and moisturized in the morning with no clump or grease. I usually use the EVOO I cook with.
    ^^^ sorry I messed up the quote :( which is why I alway stick to lurking smh
    Vader_F_Kennedy9TRAY
  • OmegaConflictOmegaConflict I AM A GIANT RETARD Posts: 38,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free_Life wrote: »
    ^^^ sorry I messed up the quote :( which is why I alway stick to lurking smh

:(
    f3a9c980b5d86bd26961db9af845ccd9.jpg
  • AlbertBeatsAlbertBeats Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    Aqua Zest

zest-aqua-product-slide.jpg
    www.albertbeats.blogspot.com
  • thephantasmthephantasm Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Good for makeup is coconuts
  • scorpio4lfescorpio4lfe **Mahogany Soul*** At the bankPosts: 3,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been natural for a while now, however, I'm always looking for new products to try. There are some interesting products suggested. Can't wait to cop some.
    ^^^^ awww what a cutie pie. Love her her. So pretty in all styles
    Reesey
  • PurrPurr Evil Chuck Season. Jumpman jumpman Jumpman dat girl up to something!!!Posts: 32,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The most disrespected person in America is the Black woman, the most unprotected person in America is the Black woman. The most neglected person in America is the Black woman."- Malcolm X
  • Bussy_Getta Bussy_Getta STFUPosts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • white sympathizerwhite sympathizer Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Do that shea moisture black soap body wash shit work?

Shit be like 12 damn dollars a bottle, I'm like fuck that ill just fuck with this dove bar nigga

And what a nigga supposed to use for his face besides cocoa butter lotion, I aint with all them faggot ass oil of olay moisturizers and shit because they look like they for white people.
    blixy
    Where yall hoes at?
    f3a9c980b5d86bd26961db9af845ccd9.jpg
  • whatevathehellwhatevathehell Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought there was a big ass natural hair thread up here but a search didnt turn it up? who started this thread? anyway recently I have noticed my hair thinning at the forefront of one side of my head it wasnt a big deal at first now I noticed that shit slowly spreading down the side to the back of my head. if it was happening on both sides I wouldnt give a fuck but it dont and I do

I think I sleep on that side so Ima try to switch shit up and see what happens. anybody know something that can stop this help my hair grow back. google is saying surgery...I cant afford that.
124»