Horror as Manhattan gallery owner commits that, leaping to her death from the roof

Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General/Future LawyerASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

An 'eccentric' co-owner of a high-end New York art gallery plunged to her death from the roof of the building which housed her business. Marijana Bego, 54, was found lying in the middle of Madison Avenue after falling from the top of the five-story building in the Upper East Side, home to her Bego-Ezair gallery on Madison Avenue.

Police believe she committed suicide, according to the New York Post. Ms Bego, originally from Switzerland, owned two other New York galleries, which were frequently visited by members of high society such as the Hearst family and descendants of Winston Churchill, said the paper. Renowned for featuring up-and-coming talent in her galleries, Ms Bego was in business with real estate executive Khedoury Ezair.

News of her death, which detectives at first believed was caused by a hit-and-run accident because if severe injuries to her legs, has sent shockwaves through the New York art scene. A close friend told the paper: 'I just can’t believe she would jump. Maybe its just the stress of the season. 'She was very outgoing and edgy because that’s the nature of this business. She dressed very edgy, presenting herself to be younger than she really was.'

Artist Wanda Murphy said Ms Bego sold one of her paintings for $30,000.

'Her focus in life was art,' she said.

'That’s all she ever lived for.'

R. Couri Hay, whose PR firm represented Ms Bego’s gallery had known her for 10 years, and added she was always 'extremely high-strung and eccentric, and kind of kooky'. Earlier this year, Ms Bego celebrated her 300th art opening, with a collection of oil works by Lash called Imagined Memories — A Family Album. The friend who spoke to police said she last saw Ms Bego at a gallery showing in October, and that she appeared to be in good spirits.

Ms Bego was pronounced dead at Lenox Hill Hospital, having suffered multiple injuries,
¡No contaban con mi astucia!
5 Grand wrote: »
I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

Replies

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General/Future Lawyer ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    article-2252416-16A1BE03000005DC-613_306x477.jpg
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• CopperCopper The WickPosts: 48,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was performance art
    rocket-2.gif
    The Prime MinisterBarryHallsCain
  • leftcoastkevleftcoastkev Got the eyes of a shark, never cry never blink The Yay, CAPosts: 5,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    her life, her choice.
    HyenaKillaCain
  • GodNThaBuild'nGodNThaBuild'n Kneel at tha altar If dem looking fa mi then tell dem I be weh nobody knowsPosts: 8,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol he took my advice. So I won't be opening it.
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 29,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have smashed. Probably could have saved her life.
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
    CainYoung Stefedwardnigma
  • King EraunoKing Erauno Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kooky = she was on coke
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 42,544 Regulator
    Pics of body????
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
  • Maybe she should've gotten more in touch with her namesake.

But she seemed like a happy person in all her pictures. She did look good for 50-something.

And high-level art is such a good hustle, you wouldn't think it would be $ problems.
    Young Stef
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Money doesnt buy happiness.
    03-029-A-Pulled-Pork-Sandwich-Homemade-Coleslaw_xl.jpg

o.jpg

bbq_chicken1.jpg

giphy.gif
    Young Stef
  • tha bausetha bause Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smash tha Swiss bitch
    PM5n696.gif
    1005014gs.jpg
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 42,681 Regulator
    She should had someone tape it. It woulda been the goat art visual
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back