Interscope cancels Chief Keef tour

Replies

• The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allergens wrote: »
    High as fuck looking at the thread title for like 5min ....interscope channels chiek keef tour?....wtf...that shit dont make no sense

Let me try and help this make sense. He was on video with a gun and knew he was on probation. He didn't come to his own video shoot. Did absolutely no promotion for his album (his CD came out the same day as TI's but he was not on any of the media outlets as TIP). The label does not trust him, to the point they canceled a major way for him to recoup the money they spent on him. All signs point to termination of his contract.
    Muhannadpoindexter2idoitforhiphop10Wild Self
  • Off&OnOff&On you might see me in the gt, with the tv, or the BP with the scanner chill modePosts: 16,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »
    High as fuck looking at the thread title for like 5min ....interscope channels chiek keef tour?....wtf...that shit dont make no sense

Let me try and help this make sense. He was on video with a gun and knew he was on probation. He didn't come to his own video shoot. Did absolutely no promotion for his album (his CD came out the same day as TI's but he was not on any of the media outlets as TIP). The label does not trust him, to the point they canceled a major way for him to recoup the money they spent on him. All signs point to termination of his contract.

took me five minutes to realize it didnt say channels
    The RecipeB_Aidoitforhiphop10
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This a blessing! He needed to b with a black label doing black things with his black girl geting black money an if chief keef wasnt in ya face u probably call him a name......now he heads to the trap god label where real hip hop is at...why u say that black god? Hiphop is where the people at-mos def....our culture reflects chief good or bad more than lupe mms wu or whatever....
    Monizzle14

took me five minutes to realize it didnt say channels

Oh, I thought you just couldnt spell cancels and used spell check and got channels. LOL.
  • gemini86gemini86 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This a blessing! He needed to b with a black label doing black things with his black girl geting black money an if chief keef wasnt in ya face u probably call him a name......now he heads to the trap god label where real hip hop is at...why u say that black god? Hiphop is where the people at-mos def....our culture reflects chief good or bad more than lupe mms wu or whatever....

confused.gif

Im the black Dean Winchester
  • eternal soldiereternal soldier RESPECT YA JAW!! Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOHH recently reached out to collaborator and mentor 50 cent for his comments in regards to cancelled tour

"When you rub people the wrong way actually you have the potential to burn bridges which in turn could cause you to fail to generate interest. Actually when his album was released and then you actually saw the sales come back and keef isn't someone the general public is interested in in the current point in time. I mentioned this to [Young Buck] but he was actually stuck in his ways and we had to take the necessary precatiouns to make sure he doesn't disrupt the brand of G-Unit. Infers cope has (Lady Gaga) and (kendrick Lamar) who are generating interest over their so be only has so much that Interscope will put up with before they release him"
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    smh wrong thread
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    locksmith1 wrote: »
    It was a stupid investment on Chief Keef from the start. I don't know what Interscope was thinking when it gave a young teen a million dollar deal who doesn't have a huge fan base. The rap music is going to a different direction from street hardcore rap. Rappers like Lupe, Kendrick Lamar, and J.Cole are in demands. Nobody don't want listen to an emotionless, untalent ass rapper who lacks intricate subject matter no more.

I hope so
    runningwolf1980
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    I think most people could've seen this coming. I don't know what Interscope saw in Keef, but I guess maybe they thought he could be the next Gucci or Waka.

It was pretty obvious that he wouldn't see and his fanbase is the audience that doesn't buy albums.

I can't lie, I thought he might've proved me wrong when "Love Sosa" got so much play along with "I Don't Like" remix blowing up.

I was like "This dude might sell like Waka and surprise everyone"

I guess not
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    SOHH recently reached out to collaborator and mentor 50 cent for his comments in regards to cancelled tour

"When you rub people the wrong way actually you have the potential to burn bridges which in turn could cause you to fail to generate interest. Actually when his album was released and then you actually saw the sales come back and keef isn't someone the general public is interested in in the current point in time. I mentioned this to [Young Buck] but he was actually stuck in his ways and we had to take the necessary precatiouns to make sure he doesn't disrupt the brand of G-Unit. Infers cope has (Lady Gaga) and (kendrick Lamar) who are generating interest over their so be only has so much that Interscope will put up with before they release him"

Yeah this should definitely humble the arrogant prick.

I hate to wish negativity on someone, but this dude was feeling himself too much to not have done anything yet. Was cocky and claimed Kanye had nothing to do with "I don't Like" blowing up, dissed the town of Harvey and said they weren't the real Chicago, laughed on his twitter when Jojo was killed, allegedly threatened Lupe on twitter, didn't show up at 50's video shoot.......

Him not showing up might not have been his fault, but some of those incidents had to be his own doing. I don't feel bad for this nontalented lame.

Now maybe he can go back to the Chi and get his azz whooped by the GDs he was dissing.
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    locksmith1 wrote: »
    It was a stupid investment on Chief Keef from the start. I don't know what Interscope was thinking when it gave a young teen a million dollar deal who doesn't have a huge fan base. The rap music is going to a different direction from street hardcore rap. Rappers like Lupe, Kendrick Lamar, and J.Cole are in demands. Nobody don't want listen to an emotionless, untalent ass rapper who lacks intricate subject matter no more.

cosign i been saying it was a bad investment from the get go to put money in someone not just for hip hop but also for movies and bs like that. This nigga never really had a huge touring buzz or multiple mixtapes that were shutting down websites like datpiff. even though its more costly you have you invest in new talent after they prove they have a following outside the internet. Keef never had that cause if he had that following he would have been getting ready for a tour.
  • poindexter2poindexter2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

you know every label is owned by khazarian jews right?
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford An Advocate Member Of Trill Family aka Legion Of Trill Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Damn a million dollars? Interscope need to come sign me & I can't even rap

Then your just as talented as Chief Keef.

Chief Keef is on Mos Def status compared to me
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012

Maybe playboi can you pass this test?

1. Will you show up to a video no later than 14 hours after the desired set time

2. Can you actually put more than 5 females in any promotional or offical music videos

3. Can you make an album off of 2 or more topics
    chiyosukeT. Sanfordpurpngoldidoitforhiphop10

Then your just as talented as Chief Keef.

Chief Keef is on Mos Def status compared to me

You given that nigga way to much credit.
    black caesar
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford An Advocate Member Of Trill Family aka Legion Of Trill Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Maybe playboi can you pass this test?

1. Will you show up to a video no later than 14 hours after the desired set time

2. Can you actually put more than 5 females in any promotional or offical music videos

3. Can you make an album of of 2 or more topics

Damn I guess I am better than Chief Keef after all
    Davis eyebrowblack caesarRawAceidoitforhiphop10
  • twizza 77twizza 77 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interscope should have seen this coming, dude mentally challenge.
    yeah i rap so don't runningwolf1980genocidecutteridoitforhiphop10
  • G.AvantG.Avant Mr. superthug og godbody kick ass karate pimpin magically enlightened nigga Jack n' Kill, FlawdaPosts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    553629_10151383724714134_1275974632_n.jpg

Who is that between Eazy and Pac
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had his chance and not surprised at all.
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

you know every label is owned by khazarian jews right?

I know white people control society