PEOPLE THAT WORK OUT ON THE REGULAR.. HOW DID YOU CHANGE YOUR DIET?

DRO_BANKSDRO_BANKS Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
I STAY IN THE GYM.. BUT I CANT CHANGE MY DIET FOR SHYT!

I GO ON SPURTS OF EATING HEALTHY, BUT THEN THAT SHYT GETS BORING AND EXSPENSIVE, SO I REVERT BACK TO THE FRIED FOODS, ECT...

I KNOW THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH EATING FRIED FOODS AND FATS AS LONG AS YOU DONT DO IT EVERYDAY, BUT THATS MY EXACT PROBLEM.

HOW DID YOU MAKE THAT TRANSITION?

Replies

• KatKat Posts: 35,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so much easier to eat shitty.

I'm on cleanse mode right now.
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 44,472 Regulator
    how the fuck you got enough got damn discipline to be in the gym like you claim, yet you still eat all fucked up?
    Meta_ConsciousNoirThe RecipeLurker6TheBoyRo
  • DRO_BANKSDRO_BANKS Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how the fuck you got enough got damn discipline to be in the gym like you claim, yet you still eat all fucked up?

CAUSE LIKE KATT SAID, ITS EASY TO EAT FUCKED UP FOODS.. THEY'RE ALLL AROUND YOU... SO EAT HEALTHY, YOU BASICALY HAVE TO COOK ALL THE TIME... ITS LUNCH TIME AND SNACKS THAT MESS ME UP.. I AINT NO SUBWAY SAMMICH EATIN ASS NIGGA
    texas409Feelin_Foolay
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop thinking about "changing your diet"

and focus on changing your eating habits

Meta_Consciousill_lojikal_konTheBoyRo
    Yeah, living with a skinny dude and a 5yo will take some major discipline on my part.

I already told him we're in this together though. While I'm getting my body right he needs to be doing the same in trying to put some weight on..

I'm purging the entire kitchen this weekend.

amenhotepiv
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    My diet changed gradually. I'm a vegetarian so I know most of ya'll dont relate to that. Healthy eating has come along with it. When I started boxing, I stopped eating pork and red meats. I was only eating seafood and poultry but then eventually I gave up on any kind of animal flesh as a whole. My spirituality has caused me to be more conscious about my intake of foods and drinks. Like @Black_Samson said, it's all about self discipline and control.
    Universalmindstate
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

CAUSE LIKE KATT SAID, ITS EASY TO EAT FUCKED UP FOODS.. THEY'RE ALLL AROUND YOU... SO EAT HEALTHY, YOU BASICALY HAVE TO COOK ALL THE TIME... ITS LUNCH TIME AND SNACKS THAT MESS ME UP.. I AINT NO SUBWAY SAMMICH EATIN ASS NIGGA

You don't have to do much preparation for vegetables and fruits as snacks and then prepare bigger meals for breakfast and dinner or whatever you prefer. Fruits are much cheaper than fast food or certain processed foods.
    It's all about taking the time to prepare in advance.

I'll be rushing around in the morning, no time to fix shit to take to work and end up either starving myself till I get home or eating something unhealthy when I should have had it all prepared the night before.

amenhotepiv
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 44,472 Regulator

I'll be rushing around in the morning, no time to fix shit to take to work and end up either starving myself till I get home or eating something unhealthy when I should have had it all prepared the night before.

that time you taking to wake up.... while sitting on the couch smoking that morning cigarette waiting for your morning shit to hit you, you could be making your breakfast and snacks for the day.

you have the time.
    you just dont see it or are over complicating it.

look for lil cracks in your "daily routine" like that and you'll be straight.

how hard is it to make oatmeal and wash some blueberries off?
    KatTheBoyRoUniversalmindstateshtoopid
  • Judah BackJudah Back Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S.C.A.T

Sugar.Caffeine.Alcohol.Tobacco

Nothing at all to do with the topic but I plan on avoiding those things this year and see how much that raises me wellness. I don't think I can stop eating fried chick though.

eh... freepost i guess. im drunk
    Universalmindstate
  • Billy_PonchoBilly_Poncho Posts: 16,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I do is hoop and run. Everything looks straight on the outside, I could be a mess internally though...
    Matt-Universalmindstate

that time you taking to wake up.... while sitting on the couch smoking that morning cigarette waiting for your morning shit to hit you, you could be making your breakfast and snacks for the day.

you have the time.
    you just dont see it or are over complicating it.

look for lil cracks in your "daily routine" like that and you'll be straight.

how hard is it to make oatmeal and wash some blueberries off?

lmao..wtf? You watching me or what?

But yeah, you're right! I know I have time, it's just about priorities and I've let the health and fitness take a back seat.
    LPast
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i didn't really change my diet other than cutting out soft drinks, for the most part. and eating smaller portions.

still eat pizza, burgers, fries, bojangles biscuits, and thats really about it. but I do at least an hour of cardio a day and after about 6 months i lost around 50 lbs. Now i can split up that hour between lifting and cardio and maintain my regular weight and still eat all the foods that i want to eat. But like i said, instead of getting 4 jr. bacon cheeseburgers at wendys, now i might just get two.
    KatKai
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC_Will wrote: »
    All I do is hoop and run. Everything looks straight on the outside, I could be a mess internally though...

That how I used to b... I just ain't consistent... lifestyle changes make it hard to hoop regularly..
    Billy_Poncho
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start liking healthy food yo, so that you don't see that filth as a fallback.

I'll take a bowl of steamed unseasoned broccoli over some fries/chips any day year.

Instead of frying shit, I'll brush it with some olive oil and lace it with a mix of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and some sea salt; then broil the shit out of that bitch.

Eat steak instead of some beef that has had the life processed out of it.

You must change your mentality.
    HyenaKillaLady_ZeeUniversalmindstateGettinLo
  • indyman87indyman87 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭

Why not just buy packs of raisins and snack on sugar-free oreos. I sometimes dip it in a jar of peanut butter or almond butter.
  • Will MunnyWill Munny I eat pussy on the 1st date. Posts: 23,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get tired more so I sleep more and eat less.
  • DRO_BANKSDRO_BANKS Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    indyman87 wrote: »

Why not just buy packs of raisins and snack on sugar-free oreos. I sometimes dip it in a jar of peanut butter or almond butter.

MANNN RASINS AINT GONE CUTT IT... LIKE JAMEL SAID, ITS A MIND THING... AND MY MIND AINT TO THE POINT WHERE RASINS AND FAT FREE COOKIES ARE GONE FUFILL ME BETTER THAN SOME FLAMIN HOT CHEETOS
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What worked for me is starting with the grocery list and eliminating it from the crib inventory. I love chocolate chip cookies yo but I have them jars filled with my dogs treats so I cant even have that option.
    Jamel - did you stop smoking weed when you lost all your weight?