The Manufacturing of the Bible and Christianity [Short Vid]

AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
This is a little short vid by historian Walter Williams espousing facts on facts on facts
about the creation of the Bible text as a means for political control over people.

I find it interesting how people declare their faith or allegiance to something without fully
understanding the historical context and foundation of its genesis.

Replies

• TheFixTheFix Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    inb4 the avalanche of feelings.
    Bodhi
  • caddo mancaddo man You cant @ me bro Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People smoke cigs knowing that shit will give them cancer.
    People eat hamburgers and fries knowing that shit will get them fat and may get diabetes.
    People take strong narcotic pain pills knowing that they will eventually become addicted.
    People are Christians knowing from the first story of Adam and Eve that it don't make sense.

Out of all the examples I gave which one is less destructive to the individual.
    Ajackson17blacktuxValentinez A. KaiserBK ProductDisciplined InSightbankrupt baller
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all destructive to the individual...but it can be argued that the spiritual and physical diet of the collective
    has been very destructive to the whole body.
    SneakDZAbankrupt baller
  • caddo mancaddo man You cant @ me bro Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the Reggie White story that I saw. It changed how I looked at Christianity. anybody that has questions about being a christian need to read about his struggles of understanding. It was tragic cause you knew he was a very religious person that took it seriously. Then he started really studying hoping to strengthening his faith. It ended up turning him into a Jew.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the stress of converting is what ultimately worsen his health.
    I considered for a time converting to Hebrew Israelite under the pretense that
    Black people were the first and only true Hebrews....but recent revelations concerning the
    manufacturing of Judaism and Islam have given me something to consider.
    List of atrocities too massive to list its rivaled only by the barbaric spread of Mohammedanism in the eastern parts of africa and asia.
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be something you read in the Bible that's a bit disappointing and/or that you'd like to do but it says we not supposed to.
    Bodhibankrupt baller
    @Rock Well

what does an ad hominem attack have to do with the fact that the Bible as you know it
    wasnt even constructed until well into the AD era?
    ceothachosen1
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven?DoUwant2go2Heaven? Lover of Jesus Christ and a Minister of reconcilation! Do you know Him? 2 Babylon the GreatPosts: 6,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amotekun wrote: »
    @Rock Well

what does an ad hominem attack have to do with the fact that the Bible as you know it

Is that suppose to be earth shattering information? Of course the Bible, as we have it today, wasn't put together until after the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The last book of the Bible, Revelation, wasn't even written until at least 90 A.D.

So what are you really saying?
    bankrupt baller
    @DoUwant2go2Heaven

Christianity didnt even exist in 90 AD.

The bible as you know it wasnt even constructed til the 16th century.
    ceothachosen1bankrupt baller
    Im going to go on ahead and drop this gem
    about the origins of Christianity as it pertains to history
    aka the written record....

Origins of Christianity Judaism and Islam

How you gonna proclaim a faith when you cant even cross reference what the book
    tells you with historical evidence.
  • NIKE...NIKE... Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attention to detail and a keen perception of human behavior and a little knowledge about human history is how I knew this as a kid..it's nice to see others are catching up tho b
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi I believe in GOD, i just dont fuck with the man made and written bible, or organized religion.

please school me on this disorganized religion you speak of that doesn't believe in the BIBLE but still believes in the God of the Bible.
    MasterALFrank
  • DRO_BANKSDRO_BANKS Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE BIBLE CONTAINS TRUTH.. PLAIN AND SIMPLE..NOW, IF SOMEONE USES THAT TRUTH AND TURNS IT INTO LIES AND TRY TO MANIPULATE SOMEONE IS ANOTHER STORY..

JUST LIKE THE BOOK OF ELI.. DENZEL USED THE BIBLE FOR ITS NATURAL PURPOSE... THAT WHITE GUY WHO WANT THE BIBLE WANTED TO USE IT FOR EVIL...

THE SAME BIBLE... SAME WORDS.. DIFFERENT PURPOSES
    BK Producttexas409bankrupt baller
    I GOTTA QUESTION...

WHY DO YALL ALLLLWAYYYYSS GO AGAINT THE BIBLE, GOD, AND JESUS?

YALL NEVER TALK ABOUT BUDA, RA, THE KORAN, MOHAMED, ECT...

YALL STAY TRYIN TO DESTORY THE TRUTH

BodhiBK Producttexas409Ajackson17bankrupt ballerDr.Chemix
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe so I don't care about its origins. I never understood why people who claim to not believe spend time researching the origins of that which they don't believe it. End of the day we have limited time on earth, I rather waste my time on things that are important to me.
    THE BIBLE CONTAINS TRUTH.. PLAIN AND SIMPLE..NOW, IF SOMEONE USES THAT TRUTH AND TURNS IT INTO LIES AND TRY TO MANIPULATE SOMEONE IS ANOTHER STORY..

JUST LIKE THE BOOK OF ELI.. DENZEL USED THE BIBLE FOR ITS NATURAL PURPOSE... THAT WHITE GUY WHO WANT THE BIBLE WANTED TO USE IT FOR EVIL...

@Drosodamfunny

How can you declare the bible contains truth when none of it can be cross referenced with historical documents or historical events?

The bible is nothing but and nothing more than propaganda that is text of mofos running the world for
    the past 500 years.
    texas409
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven?DoUwant2go2Heaven? Lover of Jesus Christ and a Minister of reconcilation! Do you know Him? 2 Babylon the GreatPosts: 6,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DoUwant2go2Heaven

1. "And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." Acts 11:26

Pagans called believers in Jesus Christ Christians starting around 42-43 A.D. So yes, Christianity did exist prior to A.D. 90.

2. Here goes a timeline of how the English version of the Bible came to be.

http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-history/

But the Bible in other languages such as greek, latin, and hebrew had been established long before the 16th century. The cannon of the scriptures, both OT and NT, was formalized in the 4th century A.D.

http://www.gotquestions.org/canon-Bible.html

Amen.
    Osirus_JenkinsRock_Welltexas409Ajackson17
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I GOTTA QUESTION...

WHY DO YALL ALLLLWAYYYYSS GO AGAINT THE BIBLE, GOD, AND JESUS?

YALL NEVER TALK ABOUT BUDA, RA, THE KORAN, MOHAMED, ECT...

YALL STAY TRYIN TO DESTORY THE TRUTH

Fact is, if I was to try to discredit something, the bible and Christianity the easiest to discredit. Its so much shit out there to prove how false it is. I respect those that believe it though. If in your heart you believe it to be true then shout out to you. I wouldn't care if someone believed that a speck of dust was god, long as you don't effect me and mines, I wish you happiness
    @DoUwant2go2heaven

in the 4th century people the so called church was still trying to determine
    if jesus aka serapis had a human nature. Which they debated ALL the way until late into
    the 10th century.
    @DoUwant2go2Heaven

1. "And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." Acts 11:26

Pagans called believers in Jesus Christ Christians starting around 42-43 A.D. So yes, Christianity did exist prior to A.D. 90.

2. Here goes a timeline of how the English version of the Bible came to be.

http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-history/

But the Bible in other languages such as greek, latin, and hebrew had been established long before the 16th century. The cannon of the scriptures, both OT and NT, was formalized in the 4th century A.D.

http://www.gotquestions.org/canon-Bible.html

Amen.

SMH @ you using the name of a so called pagan god to end your post.

"Amen" or Amen Ra or Amun

C'mon Broseph get your house in order

@Drosodamfunny

How can you declare the bible contains truth when none of it can be cross referenced with historical documents or historical events?

The bible is nothing but and nothing more than propaganda that is text of mofos running the world for
    the past 500 years.

IF THATS HOW YOU FEEL... GO RIGHT AHEAD...

THE PROBLEM THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE WITH BEING A CHRISTAIN IS THE FACT THAT IT IS "FAITH" BASED AND NOT "SHOW ME THE MONEY; FACT; I CAN PROVE IT BY GOING OVER HERE" BASED...

THINK ABOUT IT... WE HAVE FREE WILL... SO GOD DOES NO MAKE US SERVE HIM, WE HAVE A CHOICE..

SO IF THE BIBLE (WORD OF GOD) WAS WITHOUT FAITH AND 100% FACTS THAT WOULD TOO BE GOD MAKING US SERVE HIM..

WITH ALL OF THE BULLISH AND DECEPTION IN THE WORLD, I DONT BLAME YOU AND OTHER FOR WANTING TO BE ABLE TO KNOW AND NOT JUST BELIEVE IN FAITH.. BUT I TRUST IN GOD AND HIS WORD.. SO FAITH IS WHAT WORKS FOR ME..
    DoUwant2go2Heaven?kingblaze84Ajackson17Dr.Chemix
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rock Well

Sorry if it came off that way, I mean no attack. Was gonna put that statement in question form at first.

Generally when ppl attack the Bible I get that it more likely stems from something they read in it that they misunderstood or didn't like.

The Bible as we know it in English was constructed well into the AD but the original texts were written much earlier and whats so suspect about that?
    @drosodamfunny

nigga none of what you said makes any sense.

faith without works is dead right?

so how can you have faith when the work of proving the historical record alleged by the bible
    cannot be proven and has been disproven on numerous occasions?

Is God that big of a troll that he's going to place all types of false flags and and contrary evidence
    to play with the reason seeking logical minds that he supposedly gave us?

I dunno care if it dont match up Im gonna believe anyway. Where they do that at.

"I dont care if 2+2=4 and I have physical evidence to conclude such things...I still believe 2+2=5 because this group of books collectively bound says it is.

Da Fuq?
    kingblaze84DMTxTHCbull6599