Kobe Bryant blames Lakers' age

Reggie80Reggie80 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
By Dave McMenamin | ESPNLosAngeles.com
"Cause we're old as shit," said the 34-year-old Bryant when asked why a lack of energy has been a problem for L.A. all season."What do you want? We just got to figure out how to play when we don't have that energy.

"You just saw an old damn team," Bryant continued. "I don't know how else to put it to you. We're just slow. You saw a team over there that was just younger and just had fresher legs and just played with more energy, and we were just stuck in the mud.

Metta World Peace, 33, refused to accept the age of the Lakers' roster as an excuse for their play, pointing out what the New York Knicks have accomplished so far this season.

I been telling niggas who I know is Lakers fans from the jump and niggas on here these boys just too old and slow too be running Dantoni's offense,but nobody listens.

Bryant, who has managed to lead the league in scoring this season despite being in his 17th year, said every player has to learn to create that energy individually. How Kobe when you jacking up 121 more shots than anyone else in the league you really expect niggas too give their all on defense foh.
KNiGHTS

Replies

• usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That means they need a better and younger bench to inject energy.
  • Reggie80Reggie80 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First it was Mike Brown then Pau fault then Nash not being there then Dantoni got some heat now it's father time why this nigga always bitching these niggas got one of the best squads in the league on paper.But ain't nobody talking about that suspect defense and nobody else really getting any shots.

Clippers>>>>Lakers and tell yo boy too stop crying like a hoe everytime they lose.
    2 DrawlzP swayze166WhoisDonG???kacee139nj2089
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    That means they need a better and younger bench to inject energy.

Ok but who? I often hear that maybe if niggas got more touches they would play harder.
    2 Drawlz
    I would comment, but I'm on suicide watch. Carry on.

@greenwood What you like the og of the cheapseats what you talking about?
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Young athletic teams with quick point guards are this teams KRYPTONITE.....and where oh where do we find young athletic teams with ALL STAR point guards?
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reggie80 wrote: »

I would be a "energetic youngster" if I played for this Lakers team. Just turned 31, lol.
    Reggie80
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B OG Bobby Johnson Inglewood niggaPosts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 27,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reggie80 wrote: »

seems like u took a hiatus from da site but u had to be in da Cheap Seats rite before da season to understand lol
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobe had 29 shots. Dwight had 7. Ron-Ron had 17 shots.

If THAT ain't one of the main problems, I don't know what is. Dwight needs bare minimum 12-14 shots per game.
    2 DrawlzSolitary Soldier
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 50,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ron ron about that life
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    I wouldn't say their age is the main problem, it's just their intensity and their will to win. Certain players in the NBA give their all no matter what. Players like Chris Paul, Kobe, Tony Allen, Westbrook, Noah etc. give their all every game, but then you have goofballs and entitlement players who play around or quit playing once they don't get their calls.

On the Lakers, the people who play their hardest every game are Kobe, Nash, Hill and Metta. The goofball is Dwight, and the player who can't play without calls or seems to simply not give a fuck sometimes is Pau. That's 2 out of their top 4 players who are inconsistent as fuck depending on what kind of day they're having.

For clarity, Dwight always brings it on defense, it's on offense where he goofs around too much.

P.S. My evaluation is based on watching the games, not empty stats.
    king hassankacee139
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    funny thing is they been having the same exact issues for the last 3/4 years and still haven't addressed them at all. Agiing team that can't defend pick n roll and can't stop any point guard. Same shit

So they had this same exact problems both years they won the championship? I know you guys are the caught in the moment types, but here's a fun fact for you.... Lakers have won 2 out of the last 4 championships.
    DaBullP swayze166kacee139
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny thing is they been having the same exact issues for the last 3/4 years and still haven't addressed them at all. Agiing team that can't defend pick n roll and can't stop any point guard. Same shit

So they had this same exact problems both years they won the championship? I know you guys are the caught in the moment types, but here's a fun fact for you.... Lakers have won 2 out of the last 4 championships.

i think so b/c the competition has stepped up and goten better than it was 3/5 years ago. Lakers just keep getting older and not infusing any youth in the line up now it's caught up to them Not really a hard concept to grasp.
    WhoisDonG???
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

i think so b/c the competition has stepped up and goten better than it was 3/4 years ago. Lakers just keep getting older and not infusing any youth in the line up. Now it's fully caught up to them. Not really a hard concept to grasp.

WhoisDonG???
  • D.D.S.D.D.S. Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this team just keeps disappointing.
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp , I hope them old niggas like sitting at home come playoff time.
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They shouldn't worry....they only have to face one of the top teams in the West next...
  • spit_fiyaspit_fiya Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Spurs debunked that theory...FOH
    2 DrawlzSo ILL