Big Boi To Appear Alongside Andre 3000 On New Version Of Frank Ocean's "Pink Matter" & T.I.'s "Sorry

MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect BalancePosts: 19,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
Big Boi is set to reunite with Andre 3000 on an updated version of Frank Ocean's "Pink Matter."

Earlier this summer, Sir Lucious Leftfoot took to Twitter to state that he was originally slated to appear on the song but that "Dre didn't want an Outkast Record Coming out on anybody else."

But this past weekend, he posted lyrics on Tumblr of the updated version of the song that sees him joining forces with Three Stacks. Consequence of Sound confirmed that Big Boi will in fact appear on the song.

The new version of "Pink Matter," which was originally included on the Odd Future crooner's Channel Orange, is slated for release next week.

UPDATE: Big Boi took to Twitter to reveal that he will also lay a verse on a new version to T.I.'s "Sorry," where Andre 3000 apologizes to him for past mistakes.

T.i " Sorry " next RT @hiphopdx: .@bigboi To Appear Alongside Andre 3000 On New Version Of @frank_ocean's "Pink Matter" hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.…

— Big Boi (@BigBoi) January 2, 2013

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=22406

StoneColdMikeyKINGECAggyAFinfamous114rip.dillaMARIO_DROStewblackrain32DaysOfInfiniti

Replies

• Reggie80Reggie80 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit that's cool I will take whatever I can get at this point.
    Rubato GarciaBobOblahMARIO_DRO
  • Rubato GarciaRubato Garcia Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess we gotta settle for this patchwork bs
    KNiGHTSyeah i rap so don't rip.dilla
  • rapmusicrapmusic Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we please get an Outkast album? It's not like they're going to be in the same studio and shit.
    rip.dillaGhostdenithegawd
  • choppa_stylechoppa_style Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭
    Guess we gotta settle for this patchwork bs

Might as well add on Big and 'Pac at this point lol
    almighty breezeGhostdenithegawd
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 3,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay. And by yay I mean 3 Stacks can kick rocks with sandals on.
    MrCrookedLettersullyrip.dillaStoneColdMikey
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Big Boi and Andre get into it or something?
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Posts: 19,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they did, I doubt we would hear about IMO
  • AggyAFAggyAF I really hate niggas I'm a NaziPosts: 35,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Boi sending a big fuck you to Andre right here.

IceBergTaylor
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember when Andre said they wouldn't be friends outside of music. Andre always looked uncomfortable the more famous they got. Some people don't want that shit at all.
    gns
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Posts: 19,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember when Andre said they wouldn't be friends outside of music. Andre always looked uncomfortable the more famous they got. Some people don't want that shit at all.

Well he did say that he ran from the fame on that Sorry song from Tip's album

Do you remember when Andre said they wouldn't be friends, cause I mean Big Boi be bigging him up in interviews and sayin that's my bro and stuff like that
    Big Boi sending a big fuck you to Andre right here.

How you figure?
    gns
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 36,796 Regulator
    SMH...someone gotta get these 2 dudes in the same room to hatch out their differences or whatever...
  • gnsgns I'm flagging faggotry Posts: 18,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The song sorry already long enough, unless tip gonna drop one of his verses.

Either way I'm sure big boi gonna reply to andre in some way, whereas someone already stated....just put these niggaz in a room for a sit down.

Still interested in hearing it though.
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand they don't even have any problems. In the interviews they always tlking about they around each other. Big Boi said he played his whole album for 2k. Them niggas knew each other since the 5th grade? I doubt its much that can come between them.
  • almighty breezealmighty breeze Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OutKast will always be competing against themselves in a way that they both cant win. as a group or individuals. I think outside of being somewhat reclusive Dre realized this. Especially after he got so feature heavy in 07
    Anything they do will
    1) Will compared endless to past work (naturally, not a negative)

2) Be turned into "see Big Bois just as good/better" or "YOO i told Yall Andres the best" Big vs Dre. ESPECIALLY with the culture of "who killed who, fuck the song" we have now
    3)People want an Outkast album for a lot of the wrong reasons. tons just want to hear them together. But you also have those who B
    A)want them to not produce as high a quality to say "i told u so" or
    B)They fell off/Overrated
    GSonIIblackrain
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andre 3000 guest features don't mean fuck all to me

Big Boi has 2 LP's out .. He's the better artiste IMO
    gnsbuttuh_b
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    From what I understand they don't even have any problems. In the interviews they always tlking about they around each other. Big Boi said he played his whole album for 2k. Them niggas knew each other since the 5th grade? I doubt its much that can come between them.

They met in high school...
  • MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT THINK ITS A PROBLEM.. I THINK ITS MORE OF A RECORD LABEL THING..

DRE ALWAYS STATED THAT HE WOULDNT DO A VID FOR SOMEONE ELSE BEFORE HE DID A VID/SONG WITH BIG BOI AND HE KEPT HIS WORD...

AND FOR YALL TO SAY THAT THEY ONLY HAVE A WORK RELATIONSHIP IS CRAZY.. THEM NIGGAS BEEN TOGETHER FOR LIKE 20 YEARS.. YOU CANT WORK WITH SOMEONE THAT CLOSE FOR THAT LONG AND NOT LIKE THEM
    A1000MILESwilberdmillzCottonCitySlim
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can...But I agree wit what you sayin...
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 41,213 Regulator
    SMH...someone gotta get these 2 dudes in the same room to hatch out their differences or whatever...

Lmao dog they're best friends. Niggas kids play with each other. Niggas is Legends, they do whatever the fuck they want to. Sucks for us but whatever. I got classics if I wanna listen to them.
    32DaysOfInfiniti
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dam this is going the way of Run Dmc
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    You will get "The Man and the Martian" before you get another Outkast album, I am sure that will be a knock-off Outkast album anyway. Ever think maybe they need new partners or something.
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT THINK ITS A PROBLEM.. I THINK ITS MORE OF A RECORD LABEL THING..

DRE ALWAYS STATED THAT HE WOULDNT DO A VID FOR SOMEONE ELSE BEFORE HE DID A VID/SONG WITH BIG BOI AND HE KEPT HIS WORD...

AND FOR YALL TO SAY THAT THEY ONLY HAVE A WORK RELATIONSHIP IS CRAZY.. THEM NIGGAS BEEN TOGETHER FOR LIKE 20 YEARS.. YOU CANT WORK WITH SOMEONE THAT CLOSE FOR THAT LONG AND NOT LIKE THEM

Ever heard of marriage
    gns
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are not beefing..where are you niggas getting this from?

its a fact thats it record label problems. You know they are on different labels. I forget which label but one of the labels is killing everything outkast and any song they have together. its been stated b big boi before.