so ladies... is the word "bitch" finally played out?

the title sums it all up i guess but basically i feel like "bitch" might be just crude and outdated enough to be retired. do you guys still use it as a "term of endearment"?

personally i usually say "broad" or "chick" instead and reserve "bitch" for when I would usually say "cunt". i feel like even in uncensored modern rap music "bitch" lost a lot of steam but i might just be out of touch. i'm asking you guys since you're probably a lot more sensitive to that word than I am... is "bitch" finally over? and if so, why?

Replies

• *Has never referred to herself or other fellow sisters as such post*
  • DarcSkiesDarcSkies Posts: 10,401
    It's still accurate for many females but only as a negative. As far as a term of endearment it's just a matter of how you and your circle of friends define it.

I always see the usage as kinda ghetto when overdone though.

Wait this nigga said, "so ladies..." like us nosey ass niggas aint gonna find a way to butt-in with our opinion any damn way. Come on breh u know we aint shit round here...
  • SneakDZASneakDZA Posts: 6,371
    Lady_Zee wrote: »
    Another successful thread... Bitch.

i was trying to do a serious thread in powder room and along comes this bitch just dying to add nothing of value to yet another conversation.
  • As long as Hip Hop is still around, the dictionary and female dogs...the word bitch will never be played out.
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Posts: 44,654
    I never call any girl a bitch as a term of endearment.. Bitch is an earned title... always thought it was wack when niggas refer to there chicks as bitches.. and when girls think its cute to call each other bitches.. to be cute..
    word. i say cunt frequently but i'm not what you would call a hardcore femenist - i just never got the big deal about why that word was supposed to be so horrible. to me it's just the female version of calling somebody a dick.
  • KaiKai Posts: 21,095
    words only have the power you give them. i curse a lot, and i don't think it defines me or others. often the word bitch is used as an insult towards strong, assertive women. if she were a man, they'd just say she commands authority, or she doesn't take shit, but since she's a woman, then she's a bitch. if that's what you are implying by calling me a bitch, then i have no problem being one

it's funny how arbitrary it is, move your mouth and use your voice a certain way and it's deemed a "bad word"

i also use it as more of a pronoun than anything, same with nigga, and i will continue to do so. i don't care what other people use, it's not what they call you, it's what you answer to

• Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 3,499
    edited January 2013
    kai_valya wrote: »
    words only have the power you give them. i curse a lot, and i don't think it defines me or others. often the word bitch is used as an insult towards strong, assertive women. if she were a man, they'd just say she commands authority, or she doesn't take shit, but since she's a woman, then she's a bitch. if that's what you are implying by calling me a bitch, then i have no problem being one

it's funny how arbitrary it is, move your mouth and use your voice a certain way and it's deemed a "bad word"

i also use it as more of a pronoun than anything, same with nigga, and i will continue to do so. i don't care what other people use, it's not what they call you, it's what you answer to

24035431.jpg

probably people would call him a dick or an asshole. i wouldn't want to be thought of as either and it's possible to be a strong and assertive woman without making people think of you as a bitch or a cunt - i've known plenty of them.
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    word. i say cunt frequently but i'm not what you would call a hardcore femenist - i just never got the big deal about why that word was supposed to be so horrible. to me it's just the female version of calling somebody a dick.

There was actually a really good article I read awhile back about how the word cunt was used prior to female suppression. It was saying that cunt used to refer to women who were priestesses a long time ago who were in charge of temples and that to call a woman a cunt today was to really say that she is a "queen who invented writing and numerals". Thought that was pretty cool.

yeah i think the root word wasn't considered vulgar but changed over the years.
  • KaiKai Posts: 21,095

24035431.jpg

was that your attempt at being deep yourself?

if i can't control what other's say what sense does it make to get all worked up and bent out of shape about it?

probably people would call him a dick or an asshole. i wouldn't want to be thought of as either and it's possible to be a strong and assertive woman without making people think of you as a bitch or a cunt - i've known plenty of them.

not saying that everyone does that, but even when a guy like your boss is an ass, it's not really held against him, he's just demanding or expects a lot, but women more often then not are just bitches. what is the first thing people say about martha stewart as a business woman, oh she's such a bitch to her employees, no one says shit like that about steve jobs

• kai_valya wrote: »

24035431.jpg

was that your attempt at being deep yourself?

if i can't control what other's say what sense does it make to get all worked up and bent out of shape about it?

not saying that everyone does that, but even when a guy like your boss is an ass, it's not really held against him, he's just demanding or expects a lot, but women more often then not are just bitches. what is the first thing people say about martha stewart as a business woman, oh she's such a bitch to her employees, no one says shit like that about steve jobs

actually i liked your quote, that was just the best meme i could find to show my approval

photo-2.jpg
  • I never call any girl a bitch as a term of endearment.. Bitch is an earned title... always thought it was wack when niggas refer to there chicks as bitches.. and when girls think its cute to call each other bitches.. to be cute..
    i never call my girl a bitch either...cuz she's not. Have i ever called a girl a bitch before, yes, but only when i got real mad and cuz she was one. But collectively do I call chicks that, no. I

• no never. and some of ya'll are typin too damn much. im not out chea tryin to read your senior thesis paper over the word bitch.