The Extermination (meek diss) by Cassidy drops at 11:59 PM

Replies

• ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 23,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Cass mentioned Kendrick in the song

But he doesn't have anything to do in a beef between MEEK MILL and CASSIDY. You gon' start comparing Meek's album sales with Wale's and Ross' next? They were mentioned too.
  • eternal soldiereternal soldier Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    id like this to be backed up with a poll, but it seems like if ur younger than 22 u wont like this....

but Cass murked this nigga

What does being younger than 22 have to do with anything?

Fuck you mean, I'm 22 and would rather adjust the volume on what I hear accordingly....
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did y'all notice he kinda threw shots at Arab during the whole "niggas get forgetful" scheme?
  • jayvon32jayvon32 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    I think this diss is better than that weak sauce Meek came up with on Repo Man. Meek Repo diss was straight chaser Shit. nice beat but the nigga was yelling all over the track like he calling a cab in NY on some "Im over here b" shit...anyway Meek got Cass on who is the hottest out right now, so all Meek is going to do is use that as a excuse as to why he isnt going to respond.
    bherc
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep Time Posts: 15,739 Regulator
    Even tho i dont believe Cass wont merk an ant nevermind a Meek Millz the compliation of beats is whay made this shit hot for me and thats that. Almost expected to hear that "Aim for the head" track he did with Game that was never released.
  • BV_BV_ Posts: 58
    Let me preface by saying that I'm a fan of both and personally think Cass is winning this battle.

Having said that, I don't wanna hear about Meek not selling and about Cass going gold or platinum back in 2004. Let's remember what era we're talking about. From 2002-2006, EVERY MOTHERFUCKER WITH BUZZ WAS GOING PLATINUM. Yayo sold 800K and that was considered a flop. They used to clown on these guys for ONLY selling 100K in their first weeks.

I don't know how many units Meek moved, but the numbers are comprable to Cass when you factor in the difference in the sales eras and time period.
    BV_ wrote: »
    Let me preface by saying that I'm a fan of both and personally think Cass is winning this battle.

Having said that, I don't wanna hear about Meek not selling and about Cass going gold or platinum back in 2004. Let's remember what era we're talking about. From 2002-2006, EVERY MOTHERFUCKER WITH BUZZ WAS GOING PLATINUM. Yayo sold 800K and that was considered a flop. They used to clown on these guys for ONLY selling 100K in their first weeks.

I don't know how many units Meek moved, but the numbers are comprable to Cass when you factor in the difference in the sales eras and time period.

Meek's buzz was a lot bigger. Cass had one half a hit with R Kelly. Meek had 3-4 hits with the same buzz. Plus with his DC series, guest verses and MMG albums, he should've sold a lot more... at least 200k. Cass didn't do half of what Meek did prior to his first album, but he stayed consistent for 4 years. I don't think Meek has that shelf life.
    edited January 2013
    Lab Baby wrote: »

Meek's buzz was a lot bigger. Cass had one half a hit with R Kelly. Meek had 3-4 hits with the same buzz. Plus with his DC series, guest verses and MMG albums, he should've sold a lot more... at least 200k. Cass didn't do half of what Meek did prior to his first album, but he stayed consistent for 4 years. I don't think Meek has that shelf life.

Nigga we talking about two-thousand fucking four here lol. Also Cass did 118k his first week with Split Personality. Oh and LOL@ Hotel being a "half a hit" that shit was top 10 on the billboards...pop charts and it was #4 on the hot 100
  • starvinstarvin Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cassidy really one inched punched meek mills soul tho lol ok I'm done
    Lab Babyn.mcfly
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 15,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Meek had a hit on the same level of hotel. That Amen shit came and went and 2 pac back was a few years back. Meek dropped dud singles
  • BackInWhiteBackInWhite Posts: 19,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    major pain wrote: »
    A wise man once said..

"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

here we go with this bullshit
    you know why takeover, ether, hit em up, or no vaseline were such hard hitting disses?
    cuz on top of the etherous lines in them THEY WERE GOOD SONGS AS WELL
    this is just some washed up nigga with a couple lines here and there rappin in his monotone ugly ass voice with his ugly ass accent for 10 fucking minutes
    niggas talkin bout "listen carefully"
    nigga how many 10 minute increments of my life do you want me to lose on this bullshit?
    i'm not bout to force myself to listen to some wack shit just to search for some gems hidden in the wackness
    TheBossman

Nigga we talking about two-thousand fucking four here lol. Also Cass did 118k his first week with Split Personality. Oh and LOL@ Hotel being a "half a hit" that shit was top 10 on the billboards...pop charts and it was #4 on the hot 100

Cass still went gold within a month, so like I said, he was consistent. Ok, so Meek's hits weren't as big as Hotel (didn't know it charted that high), but he still had a bigger buzz than Cass. Meek should be gold at least right now, but his buzz couldn't get him there, which further proves what Cass is sayin... his star is dying out quick.
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    I don't think Meek had a hit on the same level of hotel. That Amen shit came and went and 2 pac back was a few years back. Meek dropped dud singles

2 of Meek's singles were on a mixtape, and let's be honest, street rap ain't doing shit no more lol. Y'all comparing 2004 stats to current day stats. Of course it's not gonna look good for Meek.
  • Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    major pain wrote: »
    A wise man once said..

"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

here we go with this bullshit
    you know why takeover, ether, hit em up, or no vaseline were such hard hitting disses?
    cuz on top of the etherous lines in them THEY WERE GOOD SONGS AS WELL
    this is just some washed up nigga with a couple lines here and there rappin in his monotone ugly ass voice with his ugly ass accent for 10 fucking minutes
    niggas talkin bout "listen carefully"
    nigga how many 10 minute increments of my life do you want me to lose on this bullshit?
    i'm not bout to force myself to listen to some wack shit just to search for some gems hidden in the wackness

Yea but u know why they hit even harder? Because of BARS and what was said niggas ain't humming them beats they reciting the lyrics. Imagine if PAC was talking about Hennessy Enemy's on Hitem Up. Or JayZ talking about Beyonce and Maybachs on Takeover. Shit woulda been wack whether the beat was hot or not.

runningwolf1980

Cass still went gold within a month, so like I said, he was consistent. Ok, so Meek's hits weren't as big as Hotel (didn't know it charted that high), but he still had a bigger buzz than Cass. Meek should be gold at least right now, but his buzz couldn't get him there, which further proves what Cass is sayin... his star is dying out quick.

In 2004. It's a different landscape and also Meek had barely any buzz by the time his album dropped due to Ross pushing it back right when Amen was getting serious burn.
    edited January 2013

In 2004. It's a different landscape and also Meek had barely any buzz by the time his album dropped due to Ross pushing it back right when Amen was getting serious burn.

Dog, K Dot went gold in a month with one single, a Drake feature and mad underground buzz. The reason why Amen lost buzz was because niggas got tired of Meek, period. Amen was gettin play for the whole summer, how come Meek couldn't find another follow up during that time? That Young N Gettin it song put the nail in the coffin of any chance Meek had to selling that album.
    Elzo69Revolutions

Dog, K Dot went gold in a month with one single, a Drake feature and mad underground buzz. The reason why Amen lost buzz was because niggas got tired of Meek, period. Amen was gettin play for the whole summer, how come Meek couldn't find another follow up during that time? That Young N Gettin it song put the nail in the coffin of any chance Meek had to selling that album.

You act like it's a formula to who sells and who doesn't. Folks was in here swearing that Meek would outsell Kendrick. Meek's buzz from DC2 died out a bit when Ross pushed his album back. Fact. Street niggas and ratchet hoes don't buy albums, college kids, hype beasts, and whoever else makes up Kendrick's fanbase (I can't find any more adjectives) do. Fact. Shit Lupe has never gone plat either. Who knows who will sell and who won't.
    Mr.LV
    edited January 2013

You act like it's a formula to who sells and who doesn't. Folks was in here swearing that Meek would outsell Kendrick. Meek's buzz from DC2 died out a bit when Ross pushed his album back. Fact. Street niggas and ratchet hoes don't buy albums, college kids, hype beasts, and whoever else makes up Kendrick's fanbase (I can't find any more adjectives) do. Fact. Shit Lupe has never gone plat either. Who knows who will sell and who won't.

There is no formula, but let's not act like Meek didn't have the perfect set up to have a successful career, only to brick on his first album. Amen, House Party and Young N Gettin It aren't just geared for the streets. And it's not like street music ain't gettin bought... Jeezy and Ross are consistent gold artists. And people say nobody buys conscious or backpack or whatever pigeonholed category people wanna put them in, but Lu went gold twice, even with label drama. Niggas just ain't buying Meek. My original argument was that Cass was a more consistent artist, so he has a right to speak on Meek's career, which is looking like a wrap unless he switches up.
    The RecipeMdizzle9000