lets be honest, what is some of the down sides of being real or keep it real?

unRealLady1unRealLady1 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
Being real is a good, thing but if you be honest, we all know being real or keeping real dosent always pay off, and do not always mean u will win or be on the top when u keep it real.

one of the real things about me, is I actually been looking this way since about 15, (good days and bad) but the downside is I have to continue to prove to people Iam a grown and not a teenager, because alot of people judge people by their looks, and they think when you look younger for age you act younger. & it's also hard for people to figure out my age on a picture, I can a show a pic from 10 and 15 y ears ago and then think it's last year. so it kinda back fire.

I'm a honest person but on the real honesty do not always work for me, alot of times I'm painted as dishonest when I'm telling the truth.

do u think real have a down side?
hueyGold_CertificateSage Wondertha bauseunspoken_respectdwade206a.mannT. SanfordgoldenjaAjackson17BARON_$AMEDICashmoneyDuxMrSoutCityCain(Nope)

Replies

• MasterALFrankMasterALFrank teach or learn. Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything has a down side but staying true to yourself should be what people should strive for, it's real.
    tha bauseYoung StefHarlemThumzUp
  • Billy_PonchoBilly_Poncho Posts: 16,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What appears to be a downside to being real is just the fake exposing itself to you...
    tha bauseMzKB
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford An Advocate Member Of Trill Family aka Legion Of Trill Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 star thread
    tha bauseMzKB
  • jayvon32jayvon32 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you call "having clarity in seeing a person character" as a downside then I will take that anytime of the day
    tha bauseMzKB
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    " when you the only thing real Really you the only thing fake" Joe Budden
    tha bauseAjackson17MzKB
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford An Advocate Member Of Trill Family aka Legion Of Trill Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I told my brother the other day. It's a penalty for being real or too real & being comfortable with yourself in your own skin. One of the big penalties are you'll tend to suddenly lose friends
    tha bauseMzKBAmotekun
  • WishboneJonesWishboneJones Infinity- 0 Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • leftcoastkevleftcoastkev Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    I keep it real with myself. Good points bad points strengths and weaknesses. But I ain't gonna showcase all my bad points or even lay all my cards face up on the table to you purposely.

Idealistically, it sounds good on paper to "keep it real all the time to everybody" but realistically I'm out here in the world with wolves, snakes, and sharks trying to get mines while they are too. If you keep it 100 with everyone ppl will look to take advantage of you because you're more led by your emotions than being calm and collected, and view you as more likely to feel guilty or shame than remaining calculated under pressure. I probably wouldn't trust you with a secret because I'd see you as one of them folks who always feel "compelled" to do the right thing (while likely hiding your own dirt) or need to "get something off of your chest" no matter what the detriment it causes because it makes you "feel" right.

I keep it 100 with a small circle who (I believe) do the same with me. Those are the ones I got they back rather they right or wrong. If they burn me so be it, because you gotta trust a few. For everyone else, I'm more likely to "play for keeps".
    tha bauseMzKB
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 God King Posts: 15,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I'm honest and truthful about everything. That's how I have the friends I do now.
    tha bauseMzKB
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real Lady been posting coherent lately. I guess this is a good thing.

tha bauseMzKB
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Solitude is not a bad friend to have. One of my best.

I lost some friends due to me just being who i am. But it's funny how on the other hand i was given a handful of so many more new ppl i can call friends, even if it's just through business and our relationship not on the most deep level. At this point in life, i don't think friends need to be so close anyway.
    tha bauseMzKB
  • twatgettatwatgetta Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Being too honest can turn people off. they like to be comfy and when you too real it can shake their vibe.

Ever been in a little house party social gathering and some unknown lame see you and he's immediately ready to leave because your vibe is too real and he/she is uncomfortable with you around? not like you have a murder rap or nothing. just your realness makes them feel punkish??

I know what you mean.
    tha bauseMzKB
  • edwardnigmaedwardnigma Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only downside is alot of people just aren't like that.

Yet and still,if you like to be honest,you probably wouldn't like to be like slot of people anyways.

MzKBtha bause
  • DarcSkiesDarcSkies I Just Post So I Dont Get Fined Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a couple, "when keeping it real goes wrong" moments...

I got kicked out of a class one day for letting my real opinions out. The dean hinted to me that the teacher "may have a history of domestic violence in the family as a child" and thats why he may have been put off by my opinions.

Basically they reprimanded him verbally and told me I had to transfer to another teacher's class. It got this one chick's attention though. But nothing much but a kiss happened with her. However the rest of the females in the class wanted my balls over an open fire smh One wrote a letter lol One dude almost agreed with me til he saw the uproar. He promptly STFU.

Anyway, keeping it real may not always go wrong. But sometimes it aint fuckin worth the trouble.
    MzKBtha bauseHarlemThumzUp
  • TheFixTheFix Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    She asked a question that I can answer. Hell naw. All of Real Lady's value lies in incoherent, titangraphs full of Nas bashing, and ducktales. Take that away and what do you have...... PICS OR GTFOH
    MzKBtha bauseAmotekun
  • TheFixTheFix Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    To answer the question. Being real is all about being you and never compromising. If you a nerd, be one all the time, dont come here and be somethin you aint, whats dudes name t0wers? Yea. If you got values and principles that you live by(every man should), dont fold when they get tested. Stand on that shit. The homie t0wers was a prime example of the notion that you cant break principles, you only break yourselves against them. Bein who the fuck you are, and doin whats right never has a downside, no downside to being able to stand on your own 2 and look in the mirror. Its only when my right meets your wrong where people should conflict. I stand on mine, i dont give a fuck if the pope has an issue with it.
    MzKBtha bause