South Carolina Mexican Restaurant Sorry-Not-Sorry for Racially Insensitive Employee Uniform

Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force GeneralASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
By: Neetzan Zimmerman

Taco Cid in West Columbia, South Carolina, is getting some attention this week after a Free Times reporter noticed that employees are made to wear a rather racially charged uniform.

The shirt worn by workers at the Mexican restaurant depicts a cartoonish animal trap with tacos as bait underneath the words "how to catch an illegal immigrant."

As the Palmetto Public Record notes, "if the shirt's meaning isn't clear enough, the letters are colored with the red, white and green of the Mexican flag."

On its website, Taco Cid claims its uniform is "a witty and comical statement regarding ILLEGAL immigrants," and contains "NO racial nor hate remarks towards any specific ethnic group."

The eatery insists that will serve all patrons irrespective of "race, religion or political views." However, it offers no apology for its opinion on the matter of undocumented immigration:
As most tax paying Americans, we do believe ILLEGAL immigrants are taxing the system we support and live under, thereby, causing us to work harder and pay more taxes in support of their illegal activities which our government has simply chosen to look the other way. Is it racist to disagree with those who are not supporting the American system?

Taco Cid was once a chain with some four locations across South Carolina, but has since shuttered all but one of its establishments.
¡No contaban con mi astucia!
5 Grand wrote: »
I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

Replies

• Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 62,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. That's twice in a few days where a thread has been made about my state.

Maaaaan...

IMG_0536.jpg
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
    Michael_Maliceunspoken_respectCashmoneyDux
  • Stomp JohnsonStomp Johnson Fuck off my page. Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkone360 wrote: »

Maaaaan...

IMG_0536.jpg

I know right. Let's just be happy its our Caucasian counterparts owcheah wylin and not us this week.
    Gucci Scott KingRecaptimus_Prime360
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 52,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Michael_MaliceMichael_Malice #YM Posts: 17,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taco CID got the GOAT Tacos tho.
    0698500_F_B991_463_C_8_F0_C_4926_DC9_B1806_15715_00000.jpg
  • SixSickSinsSixSickSins Reading over Tananarive Due's shoulder. Somewhere getting asked about natural hair.Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the problem.
    114.jpg

A.D.I.D.A.S

All Day I Dream About Sins
    VIBEMichael_Malicegns
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the South of the South.
    sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

SneakDZA
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 52,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A better one would be to put a Home Depot under the box, but it would need to be a ginormous box.

Nonetheless, a better way to catch illegals.
    unspoken_respectYoung_ChitlinGettinLo
  • NeighborhoodNomad. NeighborhoodNomad. Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shock Value/Controversy=$$$
    BiblicalAtheist StoneColdMikey
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Technically anti-Mexican (or Illegal) propaganda isn't racist...because Mexican is not a race and most hispanics are considered white (for the purpose of cenus) so its really ethnocentrism (as Hispanic is an ethnicity not a race) and xenophobia (as Mexican is a nationality, not a race).

Ya'll don't hear me though. Its bullshit the employees are forced to wear that trash and support it, sad part is they think the shit is a joke....

Yup, people keep letting shit like this slide, because it doesnt offend their particular demographic.....yet. I hope some messicans firebomb that place.
    TomBradyFiredUp_original.gif?1355198489
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 62,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .IRS. wrote: »
    I don't see why they made the shirts, especially for all the workers to wear. Okay so you don't appreciate illegal immigrants, understandable, but why do your employees have to wear a t-shirt depicting your un-appreciation?

Uh cuz that's what white folks do.
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The racists/bigots/ignoramuses will have no tierra to stand on when spics eventually become the majority.
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• rapmusicrapmusic Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny living in this state sometimes. I can't say much though, I'm from Georgia
    The Lonious Monk
  • MzKBMzKB Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it'll work for the African, Asain, Middle Eastern, European, and Caribbean illegal immigrants though
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 29,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man i'm pissed. my homie from high school went back to mexico on his own volition. He come back to American cuase thats where his life is. They asked him if he had ever been in the U.S. illegally and he said YES. But it was like when he was 5 years old when his parents brought him over.

NOw he stuck in fuckin mexico man I feel bad for him.
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
    PK_TK_187SneakDZA
  • SocialAssassinRatiSocialAssassinRati Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkone360 wrote: »

Maaaaan...

IMG_0536.jpg

twice this week threads made about the city I live in right now...smh June cant come fast enough I'm so ready for Coral Gables
    ibeCzE3L7NpZac.gif
  • MzKBMzKB Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just moved to Columbia......Did I loose?
  • SocialAssassinRatiSocialAssassinRati Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MzzKlapBak wrote: »
    I just moved to Columbia......Did I loose?

I just moved here too...PM me
    ibeCzE3L7NpZac.gif
  • PurrPurr Evil Chuck Season. Jumpman jumpman Jumpman dat girl up to something!!!Posts: 32,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The racists/bigots/ignoramuses will have no tierra to stand on when spics eventually become the majority.

Oh go cry a river.

Living in los angeles where illegal immigration is abundant is a huge problem for americans because our resources are drained.

lets not go there with the feelings boo boo....

Im all for people coming over to become citizens, to have a better life, and secure a future for their families but dont make it seem like all illegal immigrants are assimilated to the american culture.
    "The most disrespected person in America is the Black woman, the most unprotected person in America is the Black woman. The most neglected person in America is the Black woman."- Malcolm X
    MzzKlapBak wrote: »
    I just moved to Columbia......Did I lose?

Why Columbia and not Charleston?
  • GettinLoGettinLo Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    A better one would be to put a Home Depot under the box, but it would need to be a ginormous box.

Nonetheless, a better way to catch illegals.

or a pickup

ePV_07_0028-copy_large.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHnFHIdxlLo